You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Question...
So question...I finally raised my basic FILL price to match the area, but I want to charge extra for my 3 , 4 and 5 weekers. They are defiant on this extra charge because they say their nails "dont grow" or "they dont need it" til 3 and 4 weeks and Im tired of having that debate with these ladies...

:?: Whats the best way to explain the 3 , 4 and 5 week charge in addition to the actual raise of the base fill price?
I think its fair, especially if they are only coming once a month how can they expect to be charged the same for my loyals who come every two weeks?

Please help...TIA
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
Acrylic & Gel Tech Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Do they cause you a lot of extra work at 4 & 5 weeks? If there is lifting, chipping, breaks etc then I think an extra charge is justified. If there isn't, not only is it a great testament to your workmanship, they will not see why they need to pay anything extra. Did that help? Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Thanks for your reponse Smile
Off the bat, if there's breaks Ive started to charge for repairs which I think is fair. Especially when I found out every salon, even nss around here does.
Hmmm, in answer to your question. I dont think the client can see from my angle how there is more intensive shortening ,reshaping and building than with a 2 week fill...
I posted a nice sign stating that the base of my increase is the rising cost of doing business (in other words = products ).
I think I use more product for a 3+ week fill. So maybe I should stress the product cost angle. Maybe that's a clearer way of explaining it compared to someones nail growth rate or if they need a fill or not... ?
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
I have a basic cost that includes a fill at 3 weeks and up to 2 repaired nails. I give discount to people who come in at 2 weeks and are less work. I charge extra if I have to repair more than 2 nails, as often is the case when clients go on too long without a fill.

I find that clients are happier to expect a higher price and get a discount than having to pay extra for anything. Even if the cost is exactly the same it's down to their expectations. If they expect to pay X amount and are charged more (no matter how well you have your price list visible or what your grounds are) they are unhappy. If they expect to pay X amount and have to pay less they leave happy. Kinda stupid, but personally I find it easier to deal with it this way Smile
Iina (that's a double 'i')
Health & beauty, fitness and nails!
http://www.facebook.com/jazznails
Yes, I think you're on the right track there. If it is taking you more time to reduce and restructure, and you are using more product, then that is the angle you should use with these clients. Otherwise I don't think they'll get it! It's always great when they can go so long with no issues, though Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
jazznails ~ Thanks and yeah, I think you have a good take on the whole expectation/cost. I wish I started that way but I started by undercharging to build my book so now its going to be a challenge just to get what I think it's worth....

scratchmyback~ Thank you and Yes, Im glad the nails last too! Would looove more two weekers though...much better income wise.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,042
01-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Last PostZestyNails
Replies: 12