You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
whats a good gel top coat for acrylic
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
 (Print Post)
whats a good gel top coat for acrylic
I have been struggling finding a gel top coat for my acrylic clients that doesn't turn the whites yellow or just really dull the pink after a week. I have tried Glaze n GO which I really liked except seemed to have an almost brownish tint to the nails when they come in for their 2 week rebase and not to mention it seemed really hard to file off with my e-file (seemed to clog it up my bit). I have tried YN finishing gel but seem to have the same problem. I'm not a fan of Brisa gloss either it sometimes does not cure smooth and pulls away from the sides or free edge. Anyone else having this much issue or is it just me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: whats a good gel top coat for acrylic
I use NSI Glaze n Go normally and never have the problem you are having. But I do get pitting and spiking with it. I have been using OPI Axxium no-cleanse top coat in the black bottle and I love it even though I am not a huge OPI fan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
 (Print Post)
To be honest I have only tried EzFlow's gel topcoat but it is fantastic..never had dulling and nails are still shiny when they come for fills...
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
 (Print Post)
Have you seen the 2 new top coats from eco? Right now the Universal UV Gel Seal 1/2 Oz is B1G1F !!

[Image: 275.jpg]

There is also a soak off version: Universal Soak-Off Brush On UV Gel Top Coat
[Image: 1337.jpg]

I have been getting rave reviews from both products!

Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75
01-20-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012 09:08 PM by Tammi T.)
 (Print Post)
I am a fan of nailite's tackless gel top coat. the only thing you have to watch out for is if you apply it too thick it will bubble a bit. But other wise works great, never yellows, zips off quick with an efile, stays shiney the whole time and is only $25 for a 4 oz bottle.
Also another great one but a little pricy is Light Elegance Super Shiny Top Coat.
01-21-2012, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2012 08:22 AM by lexibunny.)
 (Print Post)
(01-20-2012 09:05 PM)Tammi T Wrote:  I am a fan of nailite's tackless gel top coat. the only thing you have to watch out for is if you apply it too thick it will bubble a bit. But other wise works great, never yellows, zips off quick with an efile, stays shiney the whole time and is only $25 for a 4 oz bottle.
Also another great one but a little pricy is Light Elegance Super Shiny Top Coat.

I use IBD Intense Seal ,works well ,but I sometimes get spikes and pits...
(01-20-2012 09:05 PM)Tammi T Wrote:  I am a fan of nailite's tackless gel top coat. the only thing you have to watch out for is if you apply it too thick it will bubble a bit. But other wise works great, never yellows, zips off quick with an efile, stays shiney the whole time and is only $25 for a 4 oz bottle.

01-23-2012, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012 02:52 PM by jlburkhardt.)
 (Print Post)
(01-20-2012 01:55 PM)back2you Wrote:  I use NSI Glaze n Go normally and never have the problem you are having. But I do get pitting and spiking with it. I have been using OPI Axxium no-cleanse top coat in the black bottle and I love it even though I am not a huge OPI fan.

Try applying it just a bit thinner. That should keep you from getting those spikes. Let me know if that helps.

(01-20-2012 12:42 PM)laurab Wrote:  I have been struggling finding a gel top coat for my acrylic clients that doesn't turn the whites yellow or just really dull the pink after a week. I have tried Glaze n GO which I really liked except seemed to have an almost brownish tint to the nails when they come in for their 2 week rebase and not to mention it seemed really hard to file off with my e-file (seemed to clog it up my bit). I have tried YN finishing gel but seem to have the same problem. I'm not a fan of Brisa gloss either it sometimes does not cure smooth and pulls away from the sides or free edge. Anyone else having this much issue or is it just me?

Any chance you got a bad bottle of Glaze 'n Go? I've never heard that complaint before. I'd be happy to send you a free sample to try again, if you just had that experience with the one bottle.

Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
 (Print Post)
I use Akzentz Luxio Top Gloss on all my enhancements, acrylic and gel. It goes on super smooth, and stays really really shiny. I have never seen it change color or yellow and it doesn't dull. They also have effects. They have silver, gold, pink and purple which are top gloss's as well that don't dull or yellow.

-

Akzentz Gel Girl - Protige of the Wonderful and Talented Glenda of Akzentz

Newbie Nail Tech of 10 Months (1 Year Aesthetician) and wanting to learn it all! Smile

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/nailbykyllie
Newbie Nail Tech Blog: http://www.nailsbykyllie.blogspot.com
01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
 (Print Post)
(01-23-2012 02:50 PM)jlburkhardt Wrote:  
(01-20-2012 01:55 PM)back2you Wrote:  I use NSI Glaze n Go normally and never have the problem you are having. But I do get pitting and spiking with it. I have been using OPI Axxium no-cleanse top coat in the black bottle and I love it even though I am not a huge OPI fan.

Try applying it just a bit thinner. That should keep you from getting those spikes. Let me know if that helps.

(01-20-2012 12:42 PM)laurab Wrote:  I have been struggling finding a gel top coat for my acrylic clients that doesn't turn the whites yellow or just really dull the pink after a week. I have tried Glaze n GO which I really liked except seemed to have an almost brownish tint to the nails when they come in for their 2 week rebase and not to mention it seemed really hard to file off with my e-file (seemed to clog it up my bit). I have tried YN finishing gel but seem to have the same problem. I'm not a fan of Brisa gloss either it sometimes does not cure smooth and pulls away from the sides or free edge. Anyone else having this much issue or is it just me?

Any chance you got a bad bottle of Glaze 'n Go? I've never heard that complaint before. I'd be happy to send you a free sample to try again, if you just had that experience with the one bottle.

I too, use NSI Glaze N Go and had the problem of the brownish color. Not all the time,,,but 2 bottles that I used did have this problem. So I tossed them when I got my new shipment. I figured they were just bad bottles and my new shipment stays bright and clear.

April, Country SAS Salon

"Expect the best, Prepare for the worst, Celebrate it ALL!"
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM
 (Print Post)
Ladies I just deleted a post from here in error but I can;t figure out who's post it was.. sorry!

Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

[Image: win_stuff.gif]
01-24-2012, 12:02 AM
 (Print Post)
Thanks to everyone for their input, I will have to give some of them a try. I will also try a new bottle of glaze n go maybe it was a bad bottle. Thanks again.
01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
 (Print Post)
Nailite High Gloss Tackless Sealer...I've tried many others and threw them all away

Debbie
01-27-2012, 07:41 AM
 (Print Post)
I've been using TEN diamond shine for over a year with no problems. Only one client i've seen with occasional discoloring and she's a hair stylist...... So its from haircolor. Other than that, looks like glass! Smile

just smile and say 'thank you'
-Deanna-
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hard Gel, looking for a good description. wawaseefriend 3 663 04-01-2014 06:21 AM
Last Post: wawaseefriend
  SOG base coat + acrylic powder eleonora 9 1,576 03-09-2014 06:23 PM
Last Post: AnnAnn
  Looking for a good tech in AZ jluper7297 3 986 03-08-2014 12:35 AM
Last Post: yknail.com
  GOOD QUALITY LED LAMP skinnylove 3 679 01-23-2014 10:59 AM
Last Post: lilsquirrel428
  What good nail Polish is there? Vimz 3 948 12-22-2013 01:59 PM
Last Post: Vimz
  Whats the best E-File jeanna C 2 775 07-28-2013 10:31 PM
Last Post: CandiceAE
Question Good acrylic comparable to Young Nails? NailsGlitterLove 6 2,050 04-09-2013 09:45 AM
Last Post: lovethosetoes
  Good off brand LED light for OPI eunhei 7 2,406 01-25-2013 04:03 PM
Last Post: Melissa82
  Is this a good deal for CND Shellac? Melissa82 3 1,575 11-11-2012 11:18 PM
Last Post: Luvglitter
  Whats the difference between opi axxium and opi gelcolor?? luvemtoes 3 3,334 09-01-2012 01:43 AM
Last Post: flavialee