You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UV Top Coat for P&W Acrylics suggestions.
Star 
Ive been using YN's Finish Gel on my P&W acrylics forever. However, it seems as though it doesnt hold up as well as it used to. My clients are complaining that it dulls fast. I also seem to be having some problems with it "separating" when I put it on. Dont know how else to describe it. I will polish the nail carefully and go on to the next and next, and I will go back and check them all before they go into the light and there are spots where it looks like the gel separated and I have to repolish them again.

Soooo I guess I'm looking for a new UV top coat. Would like suggestions on what stays shiney and doesnt have issues.

TIA! Smile
(01-20-2012, 01:27 PM)ColleenNY Wrote: Ive been using YN's Finish Gel on my P&W acrylics forever. However, it seems as though it doesnt hold up as well as it used to. My clients are complaining that it dulls fast. I also seem to be having some problems with it "separating" when I put it on. Dont know how else to describe it. I will polish the nail carefully and go on to the next and next, and I will go back and check them all before they go into the light and there are spots where it looks like the gel separated and I have to repolish them again.

Soooo I guess I'm looking for a new UV top coat. Would like suggestions on what stays shiney and doesnt have issues.

TIA! Smile

I have that same problem with YN finish. I am using a bottle of OPI UV top coat until I find a new one I like. I think I am going to try Nailite's UV top coat!
Thats funny I just posted the same question about a minute after you did. Hopefully we can get some good advice...
(01-20-2012, 01:27 PM)ColleenNY Wrote: Ive been using YN's Finish Gel on my P&W acrylics forever. However, it seems as though it doesnt hold up as well as it used to. My clients are complaining that it dulls fast. I also seem to be having some problems with it "separating" when I put it on. Dont know how else to describe it. I will polish the nail carefully and go on to the next and next, and I will go back and check them all before they go into the light and there are spots where it looks like the gel separated and I have to repolish them again.

TIA! Smile

I know exactly what is happening with your top coat. It looks pitted,correct? First ,you make sure when filing your acrylic ,surface is not too smooth and avoid touching the surface with yor fingers (I know,we like to feel how smooth it is and that habit is hard to breakSmile
Clen your nails prior to tiop coat application using any alcohol based nail prep solution or pure alcohol.then do 2 nails at a time and quickly flash cure for 10 sec. continue flash curing the rest of your nails and cure all of them for required time(usualy 2 min).
As far as shine goes, I can only recommend you Akzentz Top Gloss Clear bright. It has amazing shine that will last for 4 weeks without getting dull.It contains optical brighteners that keep your whites bright and white ,not gray and dingy looking.
Lana Gavric
Master Nail Technician
Eyelash Extensions Educator
Senior Akzentz Certified Educator

------------------------------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
I will second Lana's advice. I've also found if you apply it too thinly, it can look like 'bald' spots on the nails. It's a really fine line sometimes - too thin and you get bald spots and too thick, you get those spikey things.

That's why I stopped using a tackless sealer. They all seem to do this at some point.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I'm not a big OPI fan but I have been using and loving OPI Axxium no-cleanse UV top Coat in the black bottle. Have been having no pitting or spiking and the big flat brush is really amazing with this product. The only 2 OPI products I use is there Grande Point Kolinsky brush and there Axxium top coat.
Have you seen the 2 new top coats from eco? Right now the Universal UV Gel Seal 1/2 Oz is B1G1F !!

[Image: 275.jpg]

There is also a soak off version: Universal Soak-Off Brush On UV Gel Top Coat
[Image: 1337.jpg]

I have been getting rave reviews from both products!
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75
A+ Coat from Tammy Taylor. And it doesn't yellow.
Always be kind....you get farther.
I love the Nailite Tackless Gel Topcoat. It works great. Also another good one but a little pricy is Light Elegances Super Shiny top Coat.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to give the Eco a try!
I swear by NSI Glaze n Go, it keeps it shine till you take it off and it doesn't yellow, cures in 90 secs and I just love it!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,073
04-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Last Posttsita78
Replies: 0
Views: 1,062
12-27-2015, 09:54 PM