You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brands of Polish suggestions please
I am trying to pick a polish brand for my shop. My mom and instructor suggest that I should get OPI because of its populariy. I have never been the type get something because other people get it. OPI is also sold at Walmart (main reason I do not want to carry it) I strive to be different and unique. My point is I would like suggestions on what brand is some of your favorites. I really like the way Nubar looks but when I called the company they were rude towards me and not willing to help. Thanks in advance
I would like all advice with being a nail technician
I am thinking of offering Nailite reg polish for services they are low cost and you cant go buy the same stuff at Wally world.

Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
I use Essie and love the way it goes on. But I have also been interested in CND's line lately. They have all the colors in cream and offer "effects" which changes the look of each color.
[Image: PrecisionNails.jpg]
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
I like you was faced with the same problem when I opened my nail salon. I wanted to carry a different polish line but people are so brain washed they think there is no other good nail polish other than OPI. I carry OPI because there are some staple colors that people are going to ask for. I do carry other ones too like Essie, Creative, and some China Glaze.
The Pink Door
I went with Nubar, they have great colors, andit dries faster than OPI. I do get people who initially want OPI, but seem pretty happy with the Nubar polish.
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
Twenty years ago when I got licensed, I received my first Nailco catalog. The polish brands included Calvert, Peau de Peche, Amoresse, etc., but something about that simple Essie bottle captured my attention, and I've never regretted that choice.
Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. (yes, it's real)
http://www.precisionnails.com
http://shop.precisionnails.com
I am using Essie, Orly and Color Club....really like them
I like the colors of Zoya has anyone tried it
I use all China Glaze, I find it stays on my best out of the polishes you can buy around here. I would love to try Nubar but there is no one near who sells it and I don't always like going online to buy polish. The problem I have with OPI, Essie, China Glaze and Orly is that the general population can go out and buy it in Walmart, Sally's EctAngry. So I am even thinking about getting out of China Glaze.Blush anyways hope this helps.
That is exactly how I feel. I do not want a brand that you can buy at Walmart.
I love China Glaze for the quality and price.
Also like Orly and Color Club.

I buy brands that I can afford to try lol!.

I have a few Zoyas too, they are ok, what I like from them is that they send you a nice swatch color plate, so you can see the color before you buy it.
I carry mostly Zoya, some Essie colors and treatments, and a few Nubar treatments.

Zoya has an amazing color selection, they seldom discontinue colors, shipping is quick, color swatches are practically free (you get a coupon code to use towards the purchase of the actual polishes), and their support is AWESOME. The polishes go on very smoothly and after a year of using them I have only had to add thinner to ONE bottle. Zoya continues to pledge that they will NEVER be sold in mass-market stores.

I carry a few sheer Essie shades, the protein and ridge filling bases, and matte about you top coat (so cool!). Having worked at a salon that used exclusively Essie, a lot of the colors go on un-even and need a LOT of frequent thinning. We also had trouble with colors looking completely different from order-to-order. I called the Essie customer service once and the lady was not very pleasant.

I'm phasing out my Nubar treatments because between Essie and Zoya I have what I need. Nubar products tend to be more expensive, shipping is also more, and their customer service IMO isn't that great (lots of broken English :/).
I use Color Club & China Glaze...but I picked up a bottle of KleanColor at some store at the mall, threw it on my finger & it was still there a couple weeks later...So I have some bottles of that also, and I got a good coating with 1 layer of polish (although I used 2 to get the depth)
I use OPI, China Glaze and Tammy Taylor.
Why would you change from something that works and stays on well? Do you retail the polish you're currently using? China Glaze and Essie stays on the best of any polish I've used. Just thinking out loud...
Pen Sadler/ owner/nail tech
Definitive Touch Salon
7791 Cooper Road
Montgomery, Ohio
513-794-0733
http://www.myspace.com/pensad
Licensed managing manicurist
young nails addict
Entity Advantage Member #73789

We are here to SERVE one and another.......
Nubar has amazing colors to choose from and the price is very reasonable.
Michele
I really like Zoya Colors, but I do use some OPI, but only because people see the new colors in magazines and ask for them. Plus I really like some of their colors they have like the glittery muppets collection.
(01-23-2012, 11:00 AM)Pensad Wrote: Why would you change from something that works and stays on well? Do you retail the polish you're currently using? China Glaze and Essie stays on the best of any polish I've used. Just thinking out loud...

I think you completely misunderstood this conversation
I didn't see your whole original post. I'm sorry they were rude when you called. That's not normal. You might try calling again and see if you can get more help. They really do have amazing colors to choose from and the polish stays on great.

(01-18-2012, 03:27 PM)kristenross09 Wrote: I am trying to pick a polish brand for my shop. My mom and instructor suggest that I should get OPI because of its populariy. I have never been the type get something because other people get it. OPI is also sold at Walmart (main reason I do not want to carry it) I strive to be different and unique. My point is I would like suggestions on what brand is some of your favorites. I really like the way Nubar looks but when I called the company they were rude towards me and not willing to help. Thanks in advance

Michele
(01-26-2012, 01:07 PM)bengalkat Wrote: I didn't see your whole original post. I'm sorry they were rude when you called. That's not normal. You might try calling again and see if you can get more help. They really do have amazing colors to choose from and the polish stays on great.

(01-18-2012, 03:27 PM)kristenross09 Wrote: I am trying to pick a polish brand for my shop. My mom and instructor suggest that I should get OPI because of its populariy. I have never been the type get something because other people get it. OPI is also sold at Walmart (main reason I do not want to carry it) I strive to be different and unique. My point is I would like suggestions on what brand is some of your favorites. I really like the way Nubar looks but when I called the company they were rude towards me and not willing to help. Thanks in advance

I have emailed them asking what are the best sellers but they haven't responded back yet. I will try calling tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions of polishes that I should by from Nubar? Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,106
04-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Last Posttsita78
Replies: 0
Views: 1,099