You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robbed?
I have a question and would like others advice aslo..

My shop got broken into this past monday nite well into the landlords office which is just below the shop and they stold the master keys and just used the keys to get into my shop they took our satelite radio one of the hair dressers flat iron and a few lip gloss kinda like they were shopping we did a police report the maintence guy changed my locks and Guess what Friday we get to work they had broken in AGAIN Sad The same way broke the landlords door got the NEW set of keys and helped themselves yet Again this time taking much more. I peronally think its the landlords fault why leave the key again on his desk labeled.. Im in california the landlord is on a 3 month vacation in arizona. Whats your feeling? i have mixed emotions im angry because if they would have broken my door or window at least they struggled to get in but with a key that just pisses me off.. sorry its so long...
Inside job? Who else would know the office is below the salon? I've never even seen an office in a salon.

(01-15-2012, 04:18 PM)lil lee Wrote: I have a question and would like others advice aslo..

My shop got broken into this past monday nite well into the landlords office which is just below the shop and they stold the master keys and just used the keys to get into my shop they took our satelite radio one of the hair dressers flat iron and a few lip gloss kinda like they were shopping we did a police report the maintence guy changed my locks and Guess what Friday we get to work they had broken in AGAIN Sad The same way broke the landlords door got the NEW set of keys and helped themselves yet Again this time taking much more. I peronally think its the landlords fault why leave the key again on his desk labeled.. Im in california the landlord is on a 3 month vacation in arizona. Whats your feeling? i have mixed emotions im angry because if they would have broken my door or window at least they struggled to get in but with a key that just pisses me off.. sorry its so long...

Yeah, this sounds like someone knows the Landlord is out of town for an extended period of time. If I were you, I would just stay in contact with the police, not leave anything valuable or that you dont want to replace in the shop. Also, be CAREFUL! Clearly these people dont care.
I worked in a shop that was broken into, lost a quite a bit of stuff, and some cash so I feel your pain. I agree with the earlier post, it sounds like someone on the inside knows what's going on. That was the case in the break in of our shop.

I would think that the landlord should be held responsible for the lost items because he didn't protect the keys to your shop..
Do you have renters insurance?
My shop is located in a 3 story building I'm in the
Middle the landlords office is below us.
I do have rental insurance thank goodness
But they said the landlord is fully responsible
Because he again put the property keys
In the office unsecured so that his insurance should cover my loss
They also broke into a tattoo shop right next to me
With the same master keys they stold..
The maintence guy changed my lock but never
Once called a any of the other tennants to
Tell them about our break in so Friday when I discovered
The 2nd break in they broke into other places as well...
I know this story is crazy sorry...
next time I wouldn't give the landlord your key.