You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scrubbed in
I don't do a lot of gel and I keep seeing people mention gel bases "scrubbed in"
What does this actually mean. I have a problem lifter with acrylic and i'm looking for solutions. Wondering if this scrubbing in thing might work?
Wink
ShawnaMayo :
> I don't do a lot of gel and I keep seeing people mention gel bases "scrubbed
> in"
> What does this actually mean. I have a problem lifter with acrylic and i'm
> looking for solutions. Wondering if this scrubbing in thing might work?
> Wink

Scrubbing won't work with acrylic, it's the base coat for gel nails. It means that instead of just brushing on your gel base like polish you actually scrub it onto the natural nail, a thin coat, so the gel will adhere better. HTH!
Kelly
You could try TEN linkage for your bonding product with acrylic. I have used it and it's great, I don't think I have read a bad thing about it. You can also scrub it into the nail instead of just wiping it on. I am not sure of the website :oops: But if you google TEN linkage you should come up with the site, or I know some of the nice TEN reps are always here on BT.
ShawnaMayo :
> I don't do a lot of gel and I keep seeing people mention gel bases "scrubbed
> in"
> What does this actually mean. I have a problem lifter with acrylic and i'm
> looking for solutions. Wondering if this scrubbing in thing might work?
> Wink

What they are describing are the small circular motions you make with a base layer of gel to ensure adhesion with the natural nail. The natural nail has grooves in it, (the ones that as we get older become ridges) so working the gel into the natural nail ensures the product flows in to those areas.

With liquid and powder acrylic, we don't need to do this. Because we are achieving contact with the natural nail through the pressure applied with our brush as we pat the product into place. With gel, you're building the nail with more of a floating motion.

As for your client with lifting, you could try another primer, as has been mentioned. Or sometimes some are better suited to gel. Other things to consider are the length of her nails and her lifestyle.
sobeit :
> You could try TEN linkage for your bonding product with acrylic. I have used
> it and it's great, I don't think I have read a bad thing about it. You can
> also scrub it into the nail instead of just wiping it on. I am not sure of
> the website :oops: But if you google TEN linkage you should come up with the
> site, or I know some of the nice TEN reps are always here on BT.

Why would you scrub primer on the nail? Doesn't make sense to me...
Kelly
It's not primer it's a protien bonder and it's sticky not liquidy exactly so scrubbing it in will help it get into the nail. Maybe go take a look at the product or get someone who can better describe it to you so you can understand it. Some people have used YN protien bond and even cured it which helped with adhesion.
I use YN protein Bond and cure it in the light... I was just curious how scrubbing would help.
Kelly
Sorta the same way as the SOGP base coats, rubbing it in will help get it into the nail instead of just on top of it. It won't work I don't think with a true primer and that's so liquidy it should go into the nail already.
I have never tried with traditional primer though, to work it into the nail plate so I can't be sure it would work. I think linkage may come with a little brush perfect for scrubbing.
Ok thanks Peggy :-)
Kelly
Thank you!
So lemme throw this theory out there. What if I were to scrub in a gel base, cure it, then apply the acrylic over that so that the gel base adhered to the nail and the acrylic adhered to the gel base? thoughts?
I am going to order some protein bond or some linkage as well though.
Some people just do better in gel than they do in acrylic. With the bonders you mentioned, there's no need to scrub them in, they're really too liquid-y for that. They're meant to be applied more or less like polish, swiping them on. Curing the bonders in the light has shown to help some, too. It's the base gel that is scrubbed in if at all. Using it under acrylic might help, providing you wipe off the sticky layer before you apply the acrylic. You would want to make sure the gel is cured properly before applying the acrylic tho, to make sure you're not trapping uncured gel next to the client's skin.
ShawnaMayo :
> Thank you!
> So lemme throw this theory out there. What if I were to scrub in a gel base,
> cure it, then apply the acrylic over that so that the gel base adhered to
> the nail and the acrylic adhered to the gel base? thoughts?
> I am going to order some protein bond or some linkage as well though.

I've never tried it, but my thoughts are that you would be putting a harder substance over a softer one. The acrylic is harder than the SOG base, so I think it would be easier to break the bond with enough force. At least with longer nails.
You can always try it on yourself.