You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust Collection system from Medicool
I finally broke loose and ordered a vaccum dust collection from Medicool. I got it today and my husband installed it for me in about 15 minutes. So, I had to test it out and I LOVE IT! I have a Sunflower and it works great, but if you are looking for one that is vented into your station, I highly recommend it. It is quite a bit more pricey than the Sunflower, but a great system. I know this has been a topic of discussion before,,,just wanted to share my thoughts on it. Oh yeah, and for anyone looking....I will be putting my Sunflower on Swap Shop right now!
April, Country SAS Salon

"Expect the best, Prepare for the worst, Celebrate it ALL!"
I am so happy for you. Now you will work dust free and you can wear black again Big Grin
Lana Gavric
Master Nail Technician
Eyelash Extensions Educator
Senior Akzentz Certified Educator

------------------------------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
I've been going back and forth about which dust collector I wanted to purchase. I like how this is built into the table. I do have a couple questions. Does the nozzle underneath the table get in your way? How often do you have to change out the replacement bags and does the compartment on the side of your table take up a lot of room? I have a small space I am working in now so I got to make sure.

Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
Yes Lana, it is WONDERFUL!!! I actually didn't have to wash my face mid-day and OMG,,,,that thing really sucks up the dust.

Sunflower --No, the nozzle under the table does not get in my way. But depending on how tall your table is, I could see where that would be an issue. I think my table is about 34 inches and it didn't bother me today. I'm not sure how often you change out the bags. Heck,,,I pluged it in and went to zooming on nails,,,,but I only had to work today so I will research all that this weekend. The space that the containment until sits in is about 2 ft X 18 inches wide. I don't know about the height. But thats the area that mine sits in. I'm not sure about exact measurements of the unit itself. I'll try to measure it tomorrow. It is a bit louder than I expected,,,,but we are going to build a cabinet for it to sit in to muffle down the sound. I put a cardboard box over it today and it helped. Hope this helps! I really do like it
April, Country SAS Salon

Aprildobes I am also very happy for you yay!!, I remember the discussion Big Grin.

I like my luraco as is already attached to my efile, but for my hand filing I am still looking for an option to keep the dust away from me, some days just to think I have to deal with the dust of hand filing gives me a headache :x .

I have some questions,

Is the ManivAC ($850) the one you purchased?
How much was the shipping?
Did you order from their web store?
I see that comes with a hand rest kind of thing?
Would you mind to share a pic of your new set up?

Thank you very much.
Parknails - Yes that is the one I ordered. I actually called them to order and I think shipping was only about $30. My total was around $880. I don't use that hand rest piece,,,it kind of gets in my way. If I can figure out how to get a picture on here I will be happy to post for you. One thing,,,,the unit is louder than I expected, but I am going to look tomorrow for some kind of cabinet to put it in to muffle the sound.
April, Country SAS Salon

Quote:aprildobes :
> Parknails - Yes that is the one I ordered. I actually called them to order
> and I think shipping was only about $30. My total was around $880. I don't
> use that hand rest piece,,,it kind of gets in my way. If I can figure out
> how to get a picture on here I will be happy to post for you. One thing,,,
> ,the unit is louder than I expected, but I am going to look tomorrow for some
> kind of cabinet to put it in to muffle the sound.

Aprildobes Thank you so much for sharing!.
Maybe will be easier for you to send pic(s) directly to my email nailsbyarie at gmail.com If you don't mind, Thank you Big Grin :wink: .
sorry double post.
I also found Medicool to be quite loud Sad I wish they still made WTAC.
That unit is amazing. I have had mine for years and it works like a dream (and its quiet!)

PS. Make sure that you allow the air to move near the vent. It needs good air circulation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 27
Views: 25,813
05-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Last Postilovenailshops
Replies: 1
Views: 1,544
04-30-2015, 02:11 PM