You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Nails Mastering Acrylics OWC
Has anyone taken the Young Nails OWC in Anaheim? Is it worth the money? How's the area around there? Any tips for a nail tech who wants to go?
I would love to take the class,I think with the travel and stay expense not counting the class its self, could get expensive,would like to know if anyone has gone and like you IS it worth it.
Is there another class offered that is just as good?That anyone knows of
Somebody posted before that they went & it was very intense & very well worth it...don't think I can pull off the acrylic class for Feb, but I plan on being there for the gel class in April (if I gather the money up quick enough to pay for the class)...I looked into hotel rates, and I actually grabbed a room for the feb class just in case lol (used my discount for being a travel agent so I booked it b4 they decide not to offer discounts for whatever reason)...between the class, air, car rental, hotel I was at about $1800..haven't even talked about food yet lol.
I am also concidering this class...but starting over again, im not sure i can hack the final day pressure of all those sets back to back....lol would like to know who has gone and what its like day to day.
~Kristi~
Oh, I wish someone would drop $2k in my lap. I'd go in a heartbeat! I'm hoping another acrylic OWC will be scheduled later in the year so I can make sure I get all my ducks in a row and save the money!

It's my goal to get there in 2012!
harmonysky :
> Oh, I wish someone would drop $2k in my lap. I'd go in a heartbeat! I'm hoping
> another acrylic OWC will be scheduled later in the year so I can make sure
> I get all my ducks in a row and save the money!
>
> It's my goal to get there in 2012!

Think they told me it's in August...some time around then...that'll be the one I'll attend for sure

Anybody gonna do the gel class?
Has anyone been to that area of Anaheim? How is the area around there? Are the buses reliable?

If anyone wants to go to the Acrylics course in Feb, I'd be more than happy to split the hotel room. I really want to go to the class in Feb, since it's a cheaper flight then. I've been trying to convince a girl in my class to go with me but no luck. It works out to about $400 cheaper depending on the hotel.

Message me if you're interested!
scotchtapeandrhinestones :
> Has anyone been to that area of Anaheim? How is the area around there? Are
> the buses reliable?
>
> If anyone wants to go to the Acrylics course in Feb, I'd be more than happy
> to split the hotel room. I really want to go to the class in Feb, since it's
> a cheaper flight then. I've been trying to convince a girl in my class to go
> with me but no luck. It works out to about $400 cheaper depending on the hotel.
>
>
> Message me if you're interested!

If when I do taxes, if it's still available, I'll go..I have a room reservation already (in case I went lol) and I actually have a car rental lol...only thing I don't have is daycare lol.
cnote :
> scotchtapeandrhinestones :
>> Has anyone been to that area of Anaheim? How is the area around there? Are
>> the buses reliable?
>>
>> If anyone wants to go to the Acrylics course in Feb, I'd be more than happy
>> to split the hotel room. I really want to go to the class in Feb, since it's
>> a cheaper flight then. I've been trying to convince a girl in my class to go
>> with me but no luck. It works out to about $400 cheaper depending on the hotel.
>>
>>
>> Message me if you're interested!
>
> If when I do taxes, if it's still available, I'll go..I have a room reservation
> already (in case I went lol) and I actually have a car rental lol...only thing
> I don't have is daycare lol.

Oh, you planned ahead! I wish it was offered more frequently. It'd make it a lot easier. I asked if they were planning to bring the class to NY but no luck : (
I tried to lol...I'd have to see if it's avail when my return comes, which would make for killer expensive air because I'd get my return like a week b4 the class starts...are you planning on doing the gel class in april?
cnote :
> I tried to lol...I'd have to see if it's avail when my return comes, which
> would make for killer expensive air because I'd get my return like a week b4
> the class starts...are you planning on doing the gel class in april?

I was planning on the one in February since the flight is cheaper flying out of nyc then.
You looked at southwest, airtran, spirit, jet blue?
I checked pretty much everything. It's at least $100 cheaper in February
Well, I can't make promises that I'll make it...but this is where I'm at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sn...fullerton/ and my reservation totaled 455.70 (the cheapest I could find the closest lol)
It'd be great if you could go. I'd love to have some company! Please keep me updated!
sure thing, email me cij1916 at gmail
I attended their GEL OWC last October. It is an incredible learning experience. The area that the hotel is in (the one they recommend which name escapes me) is in an isolated area however it has good amenities. The pick you up every morning outside the hotel; lunch is provided as part of the course fee and they drive you back to the hotel at 5 p.m. at the end of the day. Honestly, the days are so intense that we got back to the hotel, had supper and sat around the pool. (Yes, the weather was incredible!) Bria mall was a quick cab ride if you wanted to shop. The last night there is a dinner/banquet. Don't worry about the final day and doing 10 sets. You are well prepared for it! They are all such a great group of people and you will get lots of attention one on one!

Colleen
Did any of you attend the owc?
(01-13-2013, 11:12 PM)glitternailenvy Wrote: Did any of you attend the owc?

Nope...but my planning has already started for the Feb & April acrylic & gel classes.
I'm attending the OWC for acrylics in August. So so so so excited!

Thank you for all the info here!
Ohhhhh I'm so jealous. I'm going to the Nail Tech event in Gatlinburg next month.
I usually got to the TN event but the OWC is the week before the event and I just can't afford to go to both. I've been to two of the TN events and I'm going to miss going. I LOVE Gatlinburg!

I should be able to go next year, though! I'm hoping to change the way I do business so I should be able to afford anything by then! (Let's hope!)
Come back & let me know how it is!! The way I got licensed here was bootleg, but the school told me I had already learned above & beyond what they teach (even though I was only halfway through school in the state I came from) so they signed off on me getting my license. I don't feel comfortable working on people so since they said no point in me coming back to school, I'll pour the money into outside education to get my skills where I feel they need to be. I'll be going in Feb & April for both glasses (I never even learned about gel) and then going to Premiere in June. I have my practice people already waiting on me lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 2,186
05-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Last Posttishgibson
Replies: 0
Views: 1,606
01-30-2015, 09:44 AM