You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green spot on nail
So I have a client that now comes to me. She used to go to the other nail tech in the shop, but she had a problem with "nail greenies" and her gel polish was always bubbling and lifting so she now sees me. We don't have any problems with lifting or bubbling. However, she came in today and she had a very light green spot on her pinkie nail. Now I now I disinfect every tool I used and dispose of everything that is disposable. I always prep the nail correct also. Could it be she is just prone to this? I did buff the nail and apply alcohol ... it did disappear. Any thoughts ?
Thanks Heidi Confusedhock:
I had a client that would get greenies and I disenfected her nails to the nth degree! A clean file to start with, left the green nails til last. After she was filed to remove lift, (she ALWAYS lifted), I'd disinfect her nails, let them dry to a chalky white, then prime and fill. Afterwards, with another new file, I'd finish file her. Even if the nails that had previous greenies on them didn't get worse, she'd have NEW spots on other nails when she came in for her 2 week fill! In all my days of being a nail tech, I've never encountered anyone as bad as she was and I hope I never do again! One thing I noticed when she came in is that no matter what I used for her nail service, acrylic or gel, the product would sometimes BEND instead of breaking off or filing away. It's like it didn't cure properly. Her nails were very soft and weak, also. She was having health issues along with stress from money worries. All of those things combined helped create the problem, imo. Honestly, i think some people just have more moisture in their nails and that helps create an environment to grow bacteria. She was the only client I had to came in with consistent greenies and I was glad when she finally moved away.
hlaurette :
> So I have a client that now comes to me. She used to go to the other nail
> tech in the shop, but she had a problem with "nail greenies" and her gel polish
> was always bubbling and lifting so she now sees me. We don't have any problems
> with lifting or bubbling. However, she came in today and she had a very light
> green spot on her pinkie nail. Now I now I disinfect every tool I used and
> dispose of everything that is disposable. I always prep the nail correct also.
> Could it be she is just prone to this? I did buff the nail and apply alcohol
> ... it did disappear. Any thoughts ?
> Thanks Heidi Confusedhock:

http://www.beautytech.com/articles/pseudomonas.pdf

[/url]
Anna
Anna~
Thanks for posting the link to the article.

I got a bit absorbed in the article from Doug; as well as the
review on nails in general from the link from that page! Smile
~Certified Master Pedicurist~
~Advanced Nail Technician~
I have a client who also had this problem. Last couple visits she has had no lifting or greenies. What I started doing was using the cone bit around her cuticle area after pushing them back, dehydrating the nail, and then protein bond. She hasn't had any greenies in a month (crossing fingers) and it seems that making sure that nail plate has no cuticle on it at all and prepping it works. I also used thymol antiseptic from YN when she had a greenie and she's been good ever since. I am praying it stays that way. Big Grin
Martine M.
SUNFLOWER
Thanks everyone. I'm thinking she had a little lifting and glued it back down herself..... Unless after I scrubbed her nail clean she touched something? I don't know.... will keep a watch on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,666
02-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Last PostNurse nail tech
Replies: 1
Views: 1,630
02-12-2013, 03:34 AM