You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedicure Setup
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of opening my own nail salon. I'm stuck on what exactly to do about the set up for my pedicures. I have a huge clientele for pedicures and want something fairly easy. I have used the mini foot spa with the hose you have to attach to empty water. I don't ever want to use those again they take to long to clean and disinfect after each client. I was interested in the bowls with the clean jet system but. Then I would have to build a platform and get a drain installed and the plumbing. My question is how pricey can this be and is it worth the hassle? HELP!
The Pink Door
Have you tried looking into the the Europeon Touch Portable Foot Spa, it has rollers and needs no plumbling. I have see it onthe Sally"s website for About$1000, or I have heard alot of people use The Footsie bath Foot Spa, it has liners, so that would make clean up a cinch, they run about $100. I am personally trying to buy that one.
Neither of these requires plumbing. Hope that helps.
I personally love my Footsie! It is portable, has liners for easy clean-up, has a heat setting and a massage setting. Plus, it can go in front of any comfy seat.
I'm a fan of my Footsie Bath, and I personally have my eye on this unit.

http://salonmadesimple.com/pd-pib-ps93.cfm#main

It's a space saver, it has massage and a foot rest. Also, the basket makes filling and dumping a breeze.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
I also use the Footsie bath and have the Pibbs chair that mysweetjordan linked to. Actually, I have 3 of them and they are wonderful! Our clients comment all the time about how comfortable they are. So easy just to take the basket to the sink to fill it up and then dump it when you're done. Our landlord wouldn't let us have anything plumbed in the salon, so this was the next best thing.

At my last salon, I had three vessel sinks plumbed on top of a pedestal that was built to accomodate three chairs. It was great, but pretty expensive to have done. If you know someone who can build the pedestal and do the plumbing, it might be worth it to have that done. (If you don't, and you have to hire someone, that cost can be quite prohibitive). It is much more convenient than having to take the tub to the sink and cleanup is a breeze. However, I would definitely check into what your costs would be before you decide. With the footsie baths, you do have to buy liners and they run a little less than $1.00 each. Over time, that definitely adds up. Then you have the cost of the footsie bath itself and some sort of chair. The Pibb's chairs will run you anywhere from $1500 to $2000 each. With that much of an expense, you might be able to purchase the wood for the pedestal, plumbing and tile or laminate for the top, a sink for the pedicure and client chair and have it installed as well.
Sherrie90630 :
> I also use the Footsie bath and have the Pibbs chair that mysweetjordan linked
> to. Actually, I have 3 of them and they are wonderful! Our clients comment
> all the time about how comfortable they are. So easy just to take the basket
> to the sink to fill it up and then dump it when you're done. Our landlord
> wouldn't let us have anything plumbed in the salon, so this was the next best
> thing.
>
> At my last salon, I had three vessel sinks plumbed on top of a pedestal that
> was built to accomodate three chairs. It was great, but pretty expensive to
> have done. If you know someone who can build the pedestal and do the plumbing,
> it might be worth it to have that done. (If you don't, and you have to hire
> someone, that cost can be quite prohibitive). It is much more convenient than
> having to take the tub to the sink and cleanup is a breeze. However, I would
> definitely check into what your costs would be before you decide. With the
> footsie baths, you do have to buy liners and they run a little less than $1.
> 00 each. Over time, that definitely adds up. Then you have the cost of the
> footsie bath itself and some sort of chair. The Pibb's chairs will run you
> anywhere from $1500 to $2000 each. With that much of an expense, you might
> be able to purchase the wood for the pedestal, plumbing and tile or laminate
> for the top, a sink for the pedicure and client chair and have it installed
> as well.

I am seriously considering one of these, except I can't figure out how it woud work with the UV light to do gel toes - do you do those? If so, how does it work with the light? Thanks!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I use a footsie bath as well but when I have the room, I am modeling my pedi station after the link listed below. The station allow the techs to work at regular nail table height and their legs go under the sink like they would if at a regular nail table. The techs told me it was the most comfortable pedi station you would ever want to work at.

I took a ton of pictures I was so impressed. They have stainless steel sinks which make sanitation/disinfection easy

http://bellezadayspa.com/pages/nails.html
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
Thank guys! I'm thinking about the footsie bath. I currently use the European Touch Portable Foot Spa and it's a pain in the you know what. I also was looking into the Mini Lavender by Gulf Stream. Not sure if I want the headache of plumbing and building a platform for a pedicure sink.
The Pink Door
I love my Footsie. It is the easiest clean up I have ever done. The state inspector loves it because she knows clean up is done correctly. Will stick with it. Wish I could find a more comfortable chair for me.
How about going with a waterless pedicure? I changed over to doing waterless 2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.
Cherie,

Just curious, after reviewing your site and menu of services, why do you not do 'dry' mani's as well?

Love your site by the way and your policies; always love basic, simple, straight to the point!
Anna
I do very few manicures that it is just easier to keep them as is.

I'm a straight and to the point person, some people don't deal with that well, but I've got my clients all trained lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 10
Views: 9,243
07-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Posttsita78
Replies: 0
Views: 2,545
07-31-2012, 08:47 PM