You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperate for SOG Color Choices, Nubar UV Gel polish?
OK I am desperately looking for another line of soak off gel polish that will stand up to the durability of Shellac and ease of removal. I will NOT carry Gelish since it can now be bought at Sally's. I have had experience removing some of these "soak off" gel polishes and found they are anything but soak off when it takes me 25 min or more to pry them off clients nails. Has any one tried Nubar's SO Gel Polishes and if so how do they compare? I am also confused because it looks like they have 2 different soak off products? Please explain if you know. Honestly if Shellac could figure out a way to release more than 6 colors every 6 months or more and also figure out how to actually come up with different colors rather than re-releasing the same colors over and over again I wouldn't be looking into other options. I am so irritated after seeing the sneak peak to the up coming "spring" collection coming in March (yeah not really very springy unless you consider metallic silver, Raisin, taupe, and grey spring colors???). I LOVE Shellac, and I mean that from the bottom of my creative Nail Techy heart Smile But COME ON, you have to give us something to work with!!! 9 out of every 10 clients walking through my door are NOT going to be looking for Metallic Silver, they want tradition colors with a little pizazz! I have quite a few clients that are threatening stopping Shellac because they are so bored of using the same 3 colors over and over since all the other colors CND releases are NOT even close to something they would use or their jobs would think are professional. I agree Shellac was in need of some fun colors but not 12 trendy run way colors when there are only 30 and only release 6 every 6 months. I was excited about OPI's new gel color but after reading the reviews am hesitant to invest, not to mention I personally don't love OPI products. It's a very advertising driven company that appeals to the consumers not the profession nail techs (just my opinion). Any recommendations I will be grateful for and thank you for your professional opinions!
Gina, nail tech. NC
Have you ever thought of mixing your own colors with pigment powders? I use Gelousy One Step with the pigment powders from TEN, Coastal Scents and PearlEx. My clients are totally in love with the fact that I mix their colors for them.
Almost forgot... the best part is that I don't have to spend a fortune buying new colors constantly.
NSI Polish Pro and soon to come NSI Gel Pro. Polish Pro is a gel with solvents and ologimers, and ?? combo, and soaks off like a dream. By far its a better soak of than Shellac. By far. The colors are pretty and they reformulated so the colors don't get too thick, like shellac, the solvents evaporate and it gets thick. They do have renew which will bring the thicker polish back to normal. Then the gel pro is a gel with pigment, no thickening, no solvents. I love them and I do believe if you go to NSI site you can request a sample.
Nubar does have 2 soak off products. A traditional soak off in a jar which is a tab bit thicker then the Gelicure polish soak offs. the traditional soak off has a clear all purpose gel as well as a clear and white soak off builder and some great colors.
The Gelicure line has 51 colors and are in polish bottles.

Gelicure is resin based and highly pigmented.

Some techs are finding with all the DIY gel polish that using the traditional soak off gels appear to look more like a pro only product where gel polish in a bottle seems easier to the untrained consumer. I'm glad Nubar offers both, I use both. I often sandwich SOG colors between hard gel as we also have a little trick for sandwiching regular polish with sog.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
Quote:nailtechNC28117 :
> OK I am desperately looking for another line of soak off gel polish that will
> stand up to the durability of Shellac and ease of removal. I will NOT carry
> Gelish since it can now be bought at Sally's.

Well, I do have to start by saying that I think it is a grievous mistake to give up on Gelish's almost 100 colors because 18 of them can be bought in a mini size at Sally's - truly cutting off your nose to spite your face. That availability will have no impact on your business and many techs have turned it into an advantage. Gelish is a great line and its base and top coats play well with other lines. But it is your decision...

If you're looking for a line of colors in a great gel polish, I think Artistic Colour Gloss is great with about 60 colours, including a lot of upscale neutrals. But my best pick would be Geleration by Jessica which has about 50 colours from the Jessica line. Because Geleration colours match existing Jessica polish colours, clients can have polish to match their SOGP - for touch-ups, pedis, etc. NSI Polish Pro and IBD Just Gel also have great colours as well although not as many. The advantage in all of these lines over Shellac is that they are LED curable - and your existing CND lamp will also cure then per manufacturer's instructions.
Another line you can try is Entity One Color Couture. They have some beautiful colours, and it is very similar to Gelish Wink
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Quote:sobeit :
> NSI Polish Pro and soon to come NSI Gel Pro. Polish Pro is a gel with solvents
> and ologimers, and ?? combo, and soaks off like a dream. By far its a better
> soak of than Shellac. By far. The colors are pretty and they reformulated so
> the colors don't get too thick, like shellac, the solvents evaporate and it
> gets thick. They do have renew which will bring the thicker polish back to
> normal. Then the gel pro is a gel with pigment, no thickening, no solvents.
> I love them and I do believe if you go to NSI site you can request a sample.
> Sobeit,

Can you explain the difference between the Polish Pro and the Gel Pro? When would you use each of them?
I know you asked Sobeit but I hope you don't mind if I answer the question as wellSmile

Polish Pro is for natural nails that are healthy and generally have no problems, using Polish Pro on healthy natural nails ensures the best way to get the best service. Polish Pro is a mix of polish and gel.

Gel Pro is for weakened nails, nails that have problems either naturally or have just had enhancements removed and the client wishes to go natural but their nails are still in the weak stage.
Gel Pro is pure gel.

I can tell you that everybody will LOVE Gel Pro.
It is the BOMB!!!!
It applies like a dream and is just as easy to remove as Polish Pro and the wear-ability of Gel Pro......Wow!!!! You will get easily get up to the 14 days if not more as it wears soooooooo nicely.

Gel Pro seriously applies like polish, in fact I will go a step further and say it applies easier than regular polish, it is so easy to apply and remove and it gives that bit of added strength to the client who might need it.

You know how many techs are using fiberglass or silk to give added strength with SOGP???
Gel Pro is the answer to this!!! No faffing around with extra items to add strength, you just apply it like a normal polish or SOGP and Wham! there's your stronger nail.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE new Gel Pro!!!!!! and I thought I couldn't love something more than Polish ProSmile
Quote:wooshka :
> I know you asked Sobeit but I hope you don't mind if I answer the question
> as wellSmile
>
> Polish Pro is for natural nails that are healthy and generally have no problems,
> using Polish Pro on healthy natural nails ensures the best way to get the
> best service. Polish Pro is a mix of polish and gel.
>
> Gel Pro is for weakened nails, nails that have problems either naturally or
> have just had enhancements removed and the client wishes to go natural but
> their nails are still in the weak stage.
> Gel Pro is pure gel.
>
> I can tell you that everybody will LOVE Gel Pro.
> It is the BOMB!!!!
> It applies like a dream and is just as easy to remove as Polish Pro and the
> wear-ability of Gel Pro......Wow!!!! You will get easily get up to the 14 days
> if not more as it wears soooooooo nicely.
>
> Gel Pro seriously applies like polish, in fact I will go a step further and
> say it applies easier than regular polish, it is so easy to apply and remove
> and it gives that bit of added strength to the client who might need it.
>
> You know how many techs are using fiberglass or silk to give added strength
> with SOGP???
> Gel Pro is the answer to this!!! No faffing around with extra items to add
> strength, you just apply it like a normal polish or SOGP and Wham! there's
> your stronger nail.
>
> I LOVE LOVE LOVE new Gel Pro!!!!!! and I thought I couldn't love something
> more than Polish ProSmile
Big Grin Yea, what she said. Big Grin
I've started using the sog's on my clients, inbetween the layers of hard gel as stated above. It works great and it's faster than getting the pots out or mixing colors. I fought this whole thing at first, (don't ask me why, just called it hard headed stupidity) but I'm loving it now!
Quote:Air Art Girl :
> Nubar does have 2 soak off products. A traditional soak off in a jar which
> is a tab bit thicker then the Gelicure polish soak offs. the traditional
> soak off has a clear all purpose gel as well as a clear and white soak off
> builder and some great colors.
> .
> The Gelicure line has 51 colors and are in polish bottles.
>
> Gelicure is resin based and highly pigmented.
>
> Some techs are finding with all the DIY gel polish that using the traditional
> soak off gels appear to look more like a pro only product where gel polish
> in a bottle seems easier to the untrained consumer. I'm glad Nubar offers
> both, I use both. I often sandwich SOG colors between hard gel as we also
> have a little trick for sandwiching regular polish with sog.
>
> If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Hi Air Art Girl, I am interested in the Nubar SOG. I have some questions, I will email you as well.
I hope you don't mind.
Thank you Big Grin
eco Soak Off UV Nail Color is another option. I love the fact it comes in pots not bottles, I find it much easier to control my application. The product is very cost effective as well, $4.95 for a 1/4oz pot of gel (40+ colors that can be mixed on or off the nail) that you should be able to get 40 or more applications per pot! eco soaks off in 5 minutes when properly applied, does not need to have the free edge "capped" and is gel with pigment so there is no evaporation, no thickening over tine, and zero odor.

You can request a free sample by clicking the link in the logo area of the web site!
Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,322
03-04-2016, 03:39 PM