You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Tax!
CT just started to tax mani/pedis and hair removal. ...I do sugaring not waxing...not haircuts but removal....questions I have are these
1.Do I tax gift certs. with a certain amount as gift..include in amount or be specific as to amount collected on cert.
2. Do i tax just a specific service and show taxes were collected?

I have called the state and have gotten 2 different answers!! Figures even they don't know what to do....LOL!

TIA! Chris

i
there is talk about them doing that to us here in texas so i am curious as to the proper answer to your question.
since you got two answers from the comptroller office i would say, pick one .. i mean i dont have a clue but i would err on the side of charge the tax on anything within that ruling.. if its many/pedi and hair removal.. then all of the above services get taxed.. including nails .. it all goes in that same pot.. then of course your products you sell.. i keep a record of all my sales for each day and then they go into a monthly then quarterly figure and i pay my sales tax..
i just report the tax not the service. so i would say if you sell a gift cert you need to charge tax on that and log it in as the total sale amount taxed

sales tax is sales tax, if its a retail item or a service. its all the same
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,380
12-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Last PostKillereyez83
Replies: 4
Views: 2,827