You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with bubbles in acrylic
I know this has been covered before but I can't find the thread. I've been getting bubbles in my acrylic and need some help figuring this out. I remember the hint to push your brush down in the monomer to release any air bubbles, so I've been doing that but again today when I put the YN Finish on, I can see bubbles, mainly in the acrylic over the white tips.
Certified Master Pedicurist
Licensed Nail Tech
be sure to clean your brush and then push down in the monomer once on one side, then once on the other side. when you are getting your ratio of monomer do your swipe on the edge of the dappen jar and use the opposite side to dip into your acrylic. when placing the ball on the tips press down slightly to release the monomer and release, count one two three then clean up the acrylic lines.. push dont stab and dont pat it to death.use the body of your brush to push and align your acrylic bead.
if you work your acrylic too much i think it adds to it..
also.. if you are filing the shine off the tips make sure you get all the dust off, i use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean the nails up prior to application of primer and acrylic or gel.. it seems to get the dust really well while also dehydrating the nail plate.
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Thanks. I'll give your suggestions a try. Right now I'm using YN core powders and I read somewhere that sometimes it's better to use the faster setting acrylics. That using the slower setting acrylics can cause bubbles. I'm wondering if maybe switching might help, too, but I don't want to invest any more money until I'm sure it's not my technique.
Certified Master Pedicurist
Licensed Nail Tech
all i use is the faster set acrylics so you might be on the right track with that information. i would suggest asking for a sample before you purchase.. if you email raymond at young nails and tell him your thought and problem he should send you a freebie of the speed powder/mono sample.. he is pretty good like that
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Make sure you are not working too wet Smile
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,597
06-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Last Post*****Cindy
Replies: 0