You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do i really need to open shop?
Hey everyone,

I’m so excited. I got an offer to rent a booth 3 days a week for 40 bucks. She only provides cleaning on Sundays and washer dryer. She said I would be my own boss and have a key in hand all access to software programs and it’s a private room with table and pedicure spa provided and shelving. Ok now that I told you the info my question is what do I really need to get started? I’ve never worked in a salon before and don’t even know where to start.

Do I need an autoclave or can I sanitize everything in a closed container with barbcide for 10 mins then put in dry sanitized storage container.

Do I need msds binder for all my product? Do I need to label everything? If anyone knows of a check list please let me know.
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
You need to check your state board website for info. It will tell you about the sterilization required. You can get copies of MSDS sheets from your supplier and/or the manufacturer- many have them on their websites for you to print. Some states require extra labeling and some will accept the label on the product. If you put anything in another container, it should be labeled with the contents.
I have a checklist I use. Please email me if you would like a copy. [email protected]
Always be kind....you get farther.
I'd also check into your tax stuff. Making sure you are a booth renter, not an employee, etc.

When I was first starting off I was offered a similar situation only they were paying me a 60/40 split. Then at the end of the year they decided to call me an Independent Contractor (requiring additional licensing here) and hitting me with a 1099 and therefore ALL of my taxes for the year.
~Amanda~

"Work is either fun or drudgery. I like fun!"
http://www.tastefullysimple.com/web/ahearne
Tongue
Thanks again Nail Lady I sent you an email from my office so it will have a really long @ lol.

Yes I did talk to her about taxes and I would have my own key so I am completely on my own when it comes to taxes.

I will be calling city hall and see when I can get a business license and everything set up. So much to do lol but I’m really excited this will be my first venture outside of my cubicle
Tongue
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
Quote: :
> You need to check your state board website for info. It will tell you about
> the sterilization required. You can get copies of MSDS sheets from your supplier
> and/or the manufacturer- many have them on their websites for you to print.
> Some states require extra labeling and some will accept the label on the product.
> If you put anything in another container, it should be labeled with the contents.
>
> I have a checklist I use. Please email me if you would like a copy. [email protected]
> net

Tn Nail Lady May I please have a copy too?, thank you. Big Grin
Email me at [email protected]
Always be kind....you get farther.
Hi Mitchele!! As far as sanitizing, you can use the barbicide- just as you described. You will need your own salon license from the state board, along with your personal license. I have the number of the state inspector also if you need to call and ask her about anything. City hall should let you know what else you need as far as business and or retail licenses. I emailed you back last night, let me know where you are going to be working, it sounds like a good opportunity! Smile Hillary
Hillary
Nail Tech for 11+ years!
Mommy to 3 beautiful girls, Laila-8, and Jaylee-7, and Evy (9-7-12)!
Thanks again Hillary!!! In our spare time lol we should have coffee or what the heck a miller light lol Big Grin ITs Hair Color experts on the belt. im using barbcide now so i do have some smarts lol but all the labeling and containers reminds of stateboards. i pulled the old milady book out the other day to refresh everything but it just made me want to do haircuts boo!!!!!

So i basically need a salon license and a business license. And then i need to get a retail license if i want to sell stuff to the clients. Right ??? Oh and all the millon things for supplies and such. Im thinking of calling cintas to see if i can get towels in bulk from them. Do you know of a wholesaler for towels? Or do you use a service?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas thank goodness we didnt get iced yesterday!!!
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 5
Views: 4,772
07-22-2016, 01:00 AM
Last Postflyingwing