You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyperhidrosis
I could use suggestions for a client of mine. She had been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis and we are having issues finding a product that works. He is what we have done so far and the results.

-Regular polish will not last more than 24 hours
-Gel polish lasted a couple days
-Gel overlay started chipping after 2 days at the free edge

I am sure it is not my prep as I am extremely careful, especially with all of the issues she has. I have tried to dehydrate with acetone, alcohol, scrub fresh and Bio Sculpture Sanitize. I have even gone as far are dehydrating one nail at a time applying product and curing... Nothing seems to be working! On top of her condition, she is a stylist and is in water a lot.

She has had luck with acrylics, but knowing where she got them done, I would assume that the product had MMA in it....

Anyone have a client like this? I am going to try to glue on tips next with a gel overlay to see if that will prevent the free edge lifting, but I really don't know what else I could try...Even if I could get her to last for a week, I could set weekly appointments with her. I would love to see this work as I believe she would be a great person to get referrals from.

Any suggestions would be great!

Malea
Hi Malea

The woman who owns the salon I boothrent in has this condition. In fact, I just did her nails today and she was especially wet. Not just sweaty, WET. I have been doing her nails in Shellac for over a year now. She is also a very busy stylist, as well as an extremely active and busy woman outside of the salon, helping her hubby renovate their home. Her hands are also in a lot of water and needless to say, she certainly does not baby her hands and rarely wears gloves. She goes between 3 and 4 weeks between getting her nails done, and has NEVER had an issue with the product. My prep sounds like yours...I use 91% alcohol to clean and dehydrate her nail plate prior to application, and also use Young Nails' Protein Bond (1 coat) over the entire nail prior to base. Other than that, I don't do anything differently from any other client.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions or tips for dealing with your client. Just wanted to share my experience.
Debbie in VA
have you tried the primer from T.E.N? linkage... that stuff is the bomb
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
read this, I think diet has alot to do with how our body acts.
http://www.bye-bye-excessive-armpit-swea...s2eat.html
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
here is what i found and was not aware of.. perhaps your client would like this information. it wont help you with her nails this week but it may help her.

Anticholinergics drugs, such as glycopyrrolate (Robinul, Robinul-Forte), help to prevent the stimulation of sweat glands. Although effective for some patients, these drugs have not been studied as well as other treatments

ontophoresis. This FDA-approved procedure uses electricity to temporarily turn off the sweat gland. It is most effective for sweating of the hands and feet. The hands or feet are placed into water, and then a gentle current of electricity is passed through it. The electricity is gradually increased until the patient feels a light tingling sensation. The therapy lasts about 10-20 minutes and requires several sessions. Side effects include skin cracking and blisters, although rare.

Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS). In severe cases, a minimally-invasive surgical procedure called sympathectomy may be recommended when other treatments fail. The procedure turns off the signal that tells the body to sweat excessively. It is usually done on patients whose palms sweat much more heavily than normal.
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"