You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
north American School of Podology
Has anyone taken this course? Or can tell me any info. Good or bad on this? Besides whars on the site ?
I took a course through this school two years ago and I would highly recommend it to anyone who does pedicures. I learned so much more about how to care for diabetic feet and the elderly. It is well worth your time and money.
Certified Master Pedicurist
Licensed Nail Tech
I took the level 1 and 2 this past Nov in Rochester and really enjoyed it, I learned a lot and it was very helpful especially with diabetic and elderly clients.

HTH
Audra
I'm a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario and took a course in Nursing Foot Care. It was 2 days, and I really felt I needed to know more when doing feet, particularly geriatric and diabetic feet. So, I found a Gehwol course and took that. Not a bad course, but still wanted to learn more.

Found the North American School of Podology courses on line. Great program, 5 levels which when completed you have a Bachelor of Science in Podology. Amazing rewarding experience. I have my own business in a small town and do feet. I get mostly problem feet, love to help people. That's my story, hope it helps you.
Simply the best investment I've ever made in my career.
Frankly I love feet and it's what I do best.
After years of frustration and expense with enhancements, I've turned my focus on what gives me the most pleasure. When it comes to artistic creativity, my stretch is with stick figures Wink So I learned to quit beating myself up over poor performance with enhancement services. I just can't do it as well or as cheaply as many others in my area.
However, I am the best pedicurist in town. My Certified Master Pedicurist diploma on my wall ensures I want and provide the best for my clients and doctor's referrals.
Take the class. You will be thankful.
forgot to mention, I have my Bachelor of Science in Podology! Loved all the levels, especially the Residency in St. Kitts, we really got to help a lot of people with their foot problems and many alumni are going back with the class in January 2012 to help!
margie :
> I'm a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario and took a course in Nursing Foot
> Care. It was 2 days, and I really felt I needed to know more when doing feet,
> particularly geriatric and diabetic feet. So, I found a Gehwol course and
> took that. Not a bad course, but still wanted to learn more.
>
> Found the North American School of Podology courses on line. Great program,
> 5 levels which when completed you have a Bachelor of Science in Podology.
> Amazing rewarding experience. I have my own business in a small town and
> do feet. I get mostly problem feet, love to help people. That's my story,
> hope it helps you.

***Wow margie, this is really inspirational. I feel really "drawn" to feet believe it or not and I used to be the girl in Class swearing up and down that I'd never do them. I love the fact I can help people upkeep their feet. I will definitely be looking into this. I was also looking into going to class there down the line. It seems kinda expensive IMHO, but I love the hands-on demos and stuff that the class seems to offer.....
Ok So Its worth the investment? Its hard to make the decision beacause I will have to travel far for the classes. I trues believe in education and just wanted to make sure these were real acredited courses. Its always hard to tell whats real on the internet. What do podiatrists think about this course?
Uhm...that's something you'll have to keep asking. I want my BS in Podology and I see a local Uni here offers it (CSUN) so I'll be going there, and CSUN is accredited. Is that School? I am not sure..sorry.
As far as I know, there is not other course in Podology. BSC Podology is only available through the North American School of Podology. Are you sure it isn't Podiatry? If it is Podology, would you mind sending a link? I'd like to see what they have.

It's around 500 hrs for the 5 levels and your case studies for the BSc.
It is podology. That's why I ask. Because no one in the world teaches it but them. So did they just make this term up?

I know that podiatry you have to go to med school first then take your residency in podiatry
call the school and ask them about it.

I just know that out of all the courses I have taken in esthetics and nursing relating to feet, this was the most in depth. I'm not trying to be a doctor, I don't want to go for years to university, of course if you go for 5 yrs full time university you can do more with your degree, this is not a 5 yr program. It does however take a couple of years to complete part time with your case studies, classes and experience. It is a real BSc from a real university, and I learned more related to what I do from NASP than anywhere else I highly recommend it.
Podology is the study of the foot. Podiatry is the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the foot. Think of the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist -- the "-ologist" understands all the science, the "-iatrist" also writes prescriptions to treat disorders.
Podology isn't really "recognized" in the States. Completing the program doesn't get you a verifiable certificate in the states, but you WILL gain the knowledge to communicate on a professional level with your clients and doctors. You will earn their trust and respect for understanding the science of podology and speaking of disorders in their proper terms.
Podology takes 3 years at CSUN with the appropriate pre req's. I can't speak for any other State than Cali, I'm sure all differ. This is something I'll consider doing after I get my Esth and Eletroloysis Licenses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,142
06-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Last PostTheGlamApp
Replies: 1
Views: 2,171
06-20-2014, 04:07 PM