You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to do this but I have too......
Ok everyone! Let's just say that too many people are out of work. Each state, or counrty is different. Here in Arizona, there are not enough jobs. Many off my clients have lost their job, homes and sometimes their cars. Which in turn its a trickle affect. I lost clients. Many I still talk to because they became my family.

So because of everything going on, I have to mmake changes in my life to help my family. I will work on the remaining clients in my home & I had to get a waitressing job in the evenings.
Marie A. Soto
[email protected]
Toothypegs :
> Kailek, was this aimed at me? Confusedhock: I don't understand your rudeness.

If you weren't busy trying to pick a fight about our economic status as a country, I think you would have realized... I believe that she was suggesting that the 2 people who are quitting the business go in together in a shop, as two people working together might have greater success. And then she ended up off topic because of your rant... this is not a thread about the US as a whole, it's a thread for someone who is not getting to do something they love... and instead of her getting support here she is getting this argument you started. Please stay on topic!

To the OP, so sorry for your situation, I hope that you will hang in there with your existing clients and be ready to jump back in when things turn around!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I wish we could keep politics out if if, but since it was already brought up, try blaming our congress, the money controllers instead of Obama who was and will be my pick. Thanks.
Quote:If you weren't busy trying to pick a fight about our economic status as a country,

Honestly, some of you would fight with yourselves in an empty room. My remarks were made with sincerity. You may not realise it but what affects the US affects the entire world. I also respect the fact that what news may reach here may not be distributed as freely over there.

Jim. You still aren't getting it. It was an EXAMPLE based on an estimate to provide a picture. *lol* If you want exact numbers, go see your Treasurer.

I'm with Mas Nails. Let's just say too many people are out of work. :roll: Bottom line is: the premise of my post was to convey my sincere concern to those who are out of work or whose work has dwindled.
thank you candiceae .. that was my point.. i see it here in my state.. yes clients are being affected, the stock market dove..which affects more than just the older clients who are living off it.. the jobs market went god knows where when that happened.. the housing market took a dive due to irresponsible corporations.. its a snowball effect.. but what i most see is that no matter what.. the salons that have more than one nail/and hair person seem to survive all due to the fact that they can more accomodate walk ins..
those who know me know that i am avidly against the quickie market but they do seem to survive all..kinda like cockroaches.. they just never go away..lol.. but its because mostly they have a team of workers..

i do hope all those who have to pack up their toys and go home get to have some solice in the fact that now they get to enjoy their families.. hey there has to be an up side in all that falls downhill.. and i do so hate to see those so passionate about their skill suffer any losses in that aspect due to anything, economy, weather, what have ya..

and some might call what we do .. debating.. not so much fighting.. just sayin :wink:
you will know when we are fighting.. deb will pull the plug..lol..
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Quote:Jim. You still aren't getting it. It was an EXAMPLE based on an estimate to provide a picture. *lol* If you want exact numbers, go see your Treasurer.

Example or not it's still incorrect. I don't think I can explain it any clearer, but I will try once more. If a country has an unemployment rate of 10% and a population of 250 million it would be incorrect to say that 25 million people are unemployed. That is because the unemployment rate is based on the population of the labor force not the entire population.
I must stick my 2 cents in here...think about this for a minute, this could help all Americans, and a better way to save money. and employ more people...Think I am gonna write this to Mr. Obama,( whom I also did NOT vote for)..
Place the seniors in prisons. They will get a shower a day, video surveillance in case of problems, three hot meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym friends, FREE medical care, etc etc. Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals lights off at 9:00PM, one bath a week, live in a smaller room and pay 4,000 a month !!!!! It's Pretty sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly!!!! perhaps this should be the health care reform policy!!
SO VERY Sad But True!!
Teresa
May you find the strength to face tomorrow.. in the love that surrounds you today!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh T.. you made me smile
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
Quote:nicenails :
> I must stick my 2 cents in here...think about this for a minute, this could
> help all Americans, and a better way to save money. and employ more people.
> ..Think I am gonna write this to Mr. Obama,( whom I also did NOT vote for).
> .
> Place the seniors in prisons. They will get a shower a day, video surveillance
> in case of problems, three hot meals a day, access to a library, computer,
> TV, gym friends, FREE medical care, etc etc. Put criminals in nursing homes.
> They have cold meals lights off at 9:00PM, one bath a week, live in a smaller
> room and pay 4,000 a month !!!!! It's Pretty sad that we treat prisoners better
> than the elderly!!!! perhaps this should be the health care reform policy!!
> SO VERY Sad But True!!
Being a huge liberal here, I could not agree with this statement more. It really is so very sad how this works out. But the people in control, the party, who backs big money, and the capitalism running the country, this will never happen. And I wouldn't comment on it, as it's way off topic, but I couldn't resist.
I may be dredging an old topic but i love what kailiek said. If i could find two or 3 American techs, heck yeah we'd go Asian! Why should one tech struggle to pay a shop rent of $500 when you can have 3 contribute and everybody wins! Im not slammed busy but id split my earnings to get a second tech in here to increase my profit potential. I understood what you were meaning kailiek, and i wish i could be lucky enough to find another tech in need. fit potential. I understood what you were meaning kailiek, and i wish i could be lucky enough to find another tech in need.
CND trained since '02
Lumos & Famous Names- Famous Partner~ want Lumos? Email me!
Www://facebook.com/cloudnineathens
Lumos! Dadi' Oil! Vamoos!
I do acrylic and I can think of another benefit if you were to "go Asian." Getting more walk-ins you would probably get more full-sets and less fill-ins. First time customers and once in a while customers coming in would probably select more expensive service. Big Grin
thank you guys for understanding where i was coming from.. yes yes yes.. those salons dont retain a more monetary/reliable service from their clients because i believe.. most dont know how to relate that to them.. they are just banking on the fill in or just the once in a blue moon new set.. most around me dont soak off.. they pop them off and redo.. just think if you could communicate and have the luxury of accomodating the masses.. you could very possibly increase your income in the long run at least 3 fold..just because you may have to share clients in the beginning does not mean its forever.. it was just my way of thinking how some peeps could keep the passion of doing nails in their life without feeling like they have to only give it a part time place.. reality is we dont all live close by and well ..its a good thought..

sobeit.. hunny.. that statement is a joke thats been going around for a few years now and kuddos to t for trying to break the ice when (you know where) froze over on here for a moment...lol..
and its sad that that joke has a reality of its own when you think about it.. because it leans to the thought that we treat our prisoners with more respect and perks than our elderly ..
oh well.. whats next.. this has been interesting thread.. lol.. i love bt and all who partake of it and newbies are my pet peeve.. they make life interesting.. :wink:
Kailiek, Hunny, I have never heard this "joke" before. So if a joke is reality, and we are using to try and break some invisible ice then I am not laughing.
ok sobeit.. uncle Smile the ice was a metafore for the arguing over the political statistics.. at least someone tried to settle the air.. she thought i am sure it would do that.. sorry you took offense to her humor.. and at changing the subject.. sorry you took offense at me appreciating her changing the subject..i am good tho hope you are too
I'm far from offended. If people want to take politics and drag them in, and then discuss their political standing, I'm there. When the term Hunny is used, it sounds like we might think the person is stupid. Which I am not, nor are you. I didn't realize this was some sort of humor to make things light, when we discuss that state of economics its one thing, when we make fun of the injustice, it's another. Guess I don't see the punch line. Its nothing I want to dwell on, or let ruin anything. Not at all. Its one of those things. Back to the topic of our fellow techs getting to the point of throwing in the towel, which has nothing to do with Obama. I think the idea of teaming up is brilliant. And I am considering it myself now. So thank you for throwing that out there. We tend to only see directly in front of us sometimes when we could be looking a little farther.
i promise i will try to watch my hunnys and babys and all of my southern lingo .. its just how i speak and have meant nothing by it..its just me.. and yes we are both very intelligent.. i just have a silly side that comes out in the lightness of posting..
over it. thanks for liking my idea :wink:
I love you idea. Its beyond like. I don't know why we don't do these things more often. I would love to team up with several techs. So like I said, I want to look around. I have a business plan still, but for now it's not feasible. I like working a full service salon and clients find it convenient, but if I could find one with more nail techs, then we could gang up on the discount shop. I really wish I could find a few techs with dedication and passion and the desire to be at work. If we could split the rent and all be on the lease, and communicate to meet in the middle with decor and duties we could rock a shop while still being self employed. What I need to look for is a nail salon that is booth rent closer to home. Should have thought of it a lot sooner. I hope more people take your advice and at the very least just look into what your proposing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 17
Views: 8,818
07-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Last Postjgayle01
Replies: 13
Views: 9,798
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM