You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What colors to take to a Charity Service event?
I am partcipating in a Charity event this coming wekend. The event is for Fosters girls teen and pretteen. I am doing a polish and a small nail art on 15 girls. So I want your advice on popular colors to take. Any Sugesstions will be appreciated!
I know alot of my young girls like the crackle polish. When I did a breast cancer walk we did the crackle. I had little fans to help dry the polish faster. Also most of the girls like bright polishes. I call them my happy polishes. :lol:
Pink as bright as you have, purple, blue- blue, green, yellow, black. Almost anything that you wouldn't wear if you are over 35 and not a nail tech, lol
Always be kind....you get farther.
Hey Julie,

The neon colors have been very popular here this summer, especially with the younger girls. If you don't have neon, the brighter the better, as TN nail lady said. They all love the crackle or shattered too, but I haven't had much luck with it, unless the polish underneath is completely dry. Maybe someone can give you some hints on how to use it with wet polish underneath.

How are you doing? Hope things are going well for you!!
Sherrie
You are a wonderful person for doing this. Those girls will be thrilled! How did you get involved with this? Enjoy putting lots of smiles on those girls!
Thank You Girls for all the cool Ideas! I am going to go buy some more crackle type polish today! I only have one and it it gray, not my favorite at all! Plus now to go through my neon and brightest colors!

Sherrie: Doing well! I am getting ready to go to the Salon next week! I am so excited! Plus I am finally getting interviews for Hr jobs again. If I happen to get a HR job I will work at the Salon PT! Mike is stable with no changes.

sillysoup: Thank you so much! A girlfriend from college facebooked me and she is leading the event and asked if I was interested in helping, So I jumped on it. I have always wanted to do charity events and give back of my skill!

I am off to one of my local supply places to see what kind of crackle polishes they have, plus I hope I can get her donate a few things for the girls!
So I am back from ABS Beauty Supply and He was able to provide me with (15) files and (15) Full size Nicole-O.P.I Polishes for the girls!

Then I went to visit my Avon Rep and got a donation of 15 lip balms, some tinted, some not! I am very excited and will be taking pictures, so I will share after this weekend! Oh I forgot I did find O.P.I's black shatter and got a super pretty pinkie glitter polish by O.P.I it's called I Lilly Love You. Cant't wait to play with these!

Oops edited it to add: That my friend works at the Zoo and she is throwing in 15 Zoo tickets!
Julie,
I'm so glad to hear Mike is stable and doing well!!! That's great news!
How wonderful that your Avon rep and the beauty supply guy were able to donate things! The girls will absolutely love that!

Definitely post pics when you get them. I would love to see how things went.

I wish I knew who to contact to do something like that here. It's funny to me how many people approach us for advertising, but no one ever calls and asks if we would be willing to donate our time, etc. to a charity event. I would definitely hop on that! Hmmm, perhaps I need to make some calls and see what we can do.

Good luck with the interviews. I hope they go well!!! XOXO
Hey Sherrie,
I some contacts out there in So, CA. I will check around for you!
Big hugs!
Julie
Thanks so much Julie!!
Sherrie90630 :
> Julie,
> I'm so glad to hear Mike is stable and doing well!!! That's great news!
> How wonderful that your Avon rep and the beauty supply guy were able to donate
> things! The girls will absolutely love that!
>
> Definitely post pics when you get them. I would love to see how things went.
>
>
> I wish I knew who to contact to do something like that here. It's funny to
> me how many people approach us for advertising, but no one ever calls and asks
> if we would be willing to donate our time, etc. to a charity event. I would
> definitely hop on that! Hmmm, perhaps I need to make some calls and see what
> we can do.
>
> Good luck with the interviews. I hope they go well!!! XOXO

Sherrie, if you ever get a head's up on some Charity work, let me know, I'd love to come down and help you. <3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 318
08-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Last PostHuy
Replies: 6
Views: 2,922
08-29-2015, 10:56 PM