You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
LCN's Magnetic Polish?
#1
So I saw Magnetic Polish being advertised on LCN's website. I guess it forms designs after a few swipes of a magnet after the polish dries? Has anyone tried this stuff or heard about it? I'm kinda curious, I'd love to start a trend here and I wonder if it would keep its "designs" after a gel topcoat...
 Reply
#2
so close to pressing that buy button..
they have the entire kit..I may need to purchase
but I just bought ALL the Metallic Crackles..mannnnnn

I am sure after it totally dries the design will stay with no matter what kinda topcoat u use. I would just make sure it is totally dry b/f trying..but who knows..
they mention in the video that the magnet will only pull out the design if the polish is still wet..u need to work fast it seems & one at a time..so I bet it also dries super fast b/c u are only supposed to use one coat...but a thick even coat.

I mean I could be wrong but I an am assuming applying a gel coat will work fine after the design dries completely. Gel top coats work well with Crackle & Foils for me without issues...but again who knows

Oh I guess I will just have to break out the CC again & see..LOL

ETS
Konad polish also does not streak it's design when u use a gel topcoat..even if u lightly go over it b/f curing..
but it u use another top coat besides Konads it totally does..
Sech Vite works the best tho..u just need to topcoat quick & DON'T go over it..LOL.. I know this has nothing to do with Magnetic polish..I am just mentioning how cool SOG topcoats are with other products Big Grin
 Reply
#3
I had it demonstrated on me by my sales rep and it was just sort of meh....

The design didn't really show up as there was very little contrast in the color. I really didn't see any other way I could be creative with it except by adding nail art on top which I already do with regular polish anyway.

I didn't buy into it because it would probably be just another Crackle or Shatter. Those just sit on my shelf. No one ever wants them. The young girls get it themselves and the older ones don't really care for the look.

I just saved my money.
 Reply
#4
Great feedback ladies and thanks. I think I'll hold off for a wee bit, see if anyone is wearing it. Smile Yeah, the crackle polish is an odd phenom. Everyone in school loved it but I hardly see it now on anyone. If I wear it out with neons as a base I get a very underwhelmed response.
 Reply
#5
I have never even heard of such a thing so of course I youtube it. I think it looks seriously awesome. Now I want some for myself. I love the diagonal magnet. The polish looks like sweet a$$ metal. Love.
 Reply
#6
sobeit :
> I have never even heard of such a thing so of course I youtube it. I think
> it looks seriously awesome. Now I want some for myself. I love the diagonal
> magnet. The polish looks like sweet a$$ metal. Love.


**

Now you have me thinking. Maybe I'll get a couple of bottles and the magnet just to explore a bit. It might garner me some clients out and about. Smile
 Reply
#7
suestation :
> so close to pressing that buy button..
> they have the entire kit..I may need to purchase
> but I just bought ALL the Metallic Crackles..mannnnnn
>
> I am sure after it totally dries the design will stay with no matter what kinda
> topcoat u use. I would just make sure it is totally dry b/f trying..but who
> knows..
> they mention in the video that the magnet will only pull out the design if
> the polish is still wet..u need to work fast it seems & one at a time..
> so I bet it also dries super fast b/c u are only supposed to use one coat..
> .but a thick even coat.
>
> I mean I could be wrong but I an am assuming applying a gel coat will work
> fine after the design dries completely. Gel top coats work well with Crackle
> & Foils for me without issues...but again who knows
>
> Oh I guess I will just have to break out the CC again & see..LOL
>
> ETS
> Konad polish also does not streak it's design when u use a gel topcoat..even
> if u lightly go over it b/f curing..
> but it u use another top coat besides Konads it totally does..
> Sech Vite works the best tho..u just need to topcoat quick & DON'T go over
> it..LOL.. I know this has nothing to do with Magnetic polish..I am just mentioning
> how cool SOG topcoats are with other products Big Grin


***

Great tips about topcoats, I didn't know that. Smile
 Reply
#8
About a year ago or so there was another brand that did this. I had a client who loved it and I believe she bought it at Nordstrom or Macy's...somewhere like that. She said it was extremely difficult to get as it was sold out everywhere. I had never heard of it until she told me about it. I have been curious to get some myself as I think it's unique and kinda fun.

If you get some Erin, let me know what you think about it!
 Reply
#9
Of course I want this! I saw it in my nail mag. I think it would be a very limited amount of clients that would want this. Is it real expensive? If it's cheap enough, I may have to get some too!
Nails by Janeen
Albany, KY
 Reply
#10
I dunno..LCN's site wasn't loading well for me today, maybe they are getting swamped with orders. When I know more I'll report back..
 Reply
#11
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
I purchased this kit from LCN in late May and used it on less than 10 people including myself and the magnets are junk! It took me over an hour to polish 10 fingernails. You have to coat the nail pretty thickly with the polish then hold the magnet practically on top of the nail without touching it and I mean it has to be mere centimeters from the nail for the magnet to work. You and your client must keep completely still for more than a minute not seconds (which is practically impossible) and if the magnet hits the top of the nail you get to start again. Plus once the magnet gets polish on it, which is inevitable holding it so close to the wet nail it must be wiped off. I tried everything from wet or dry paper towels, using alcohol, and finally using a quick swipe of acetone to clean off the magnet which would lead to the magnet becoming demagnetized and thus they no longer work. My fingers would be black like they were covered in newsprint from the magnetic dust. A real mess.
 Reply
#12
MickeysNails :
> DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
> I purchased this kit from LCN in late May and used it on less than 10 people
> including myself and the magnets are junk! It took me over an hour to polish
> 10 fingernails. You have to coat the nail pretty thickly with the polish then
> hold the magnet practically on top of the nail without touching it and I mean
> it has to be mere centimeters from the nail for the magnet to work. You and
> your client must keep completely still for more than a minute not seconds (which
> is practically impossible) and if the magnet hits the top of the nail you get
> to start again. Plus once the magnet gets polish on it, which is inevitable
> holding it so close to the wet nail it must be wiped off. I tried everything
> from wet or dry paper towels, using alcohol, and finally using a quick swipe
> of acetone to clean off the magnet which would lead to the magnet becoming
> demagnetized and thus they no longer work. My fingers would be black like they
> were covered in newsprint from the magnetic dust. A real mess.


**


Wow, no kiddin' hunh? Great feedback..thanks.
 Reply
#13
i actually have been doing well with it ... i got it on sale when i called and spoke to them.. i polish the nail one good coat then turn the finger sideways so i can see when i hold the magnet up to it and then i dont touch the polish.. i let it dry then seal it with my thin gel sealer.. the gals are liking it but more the diagonal lines more than the star shape.. you can also see to be able to rock the magnet a hair to each side to get more coverage.. i like how it does change the colors in the polish where the lines are.. no everyone does not want it but nor do they want crackle or shellac or what have ya.. i like to have unusual options for my gals.. and it only takes me about 1.5 min per nail.. you must shake the bottle very well to get the filings through out the polish bottle first so that you get a good design and if one does not come out just right just wait a min and put another coat of polish then try again .. its usually due to not a good coat on the nail.
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
 Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 12
Views: 8,559
07-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Last Postkhoobsurati
sobeit
Replies: 8
Views: 5,108
03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Postsuestation
Replies: 8
Views: 5,636
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Postnailsbykaryn
Replies: 5
Views: 3,030
09-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Last Postkailiek
Replies: 2
Views: 2,210
08-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Last PostNTR_Braden
Replies: 4
Views: 2,725
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Last Postkelznailz

 
Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)