You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge nails
sobeit :
> Those nails are so incredibly beautiful. I had to walk my iPad around the house
> showing them off. Big Grin
>
> The Japanese nail art with the pieces of bling that stick up are just not my
> deal. I don't know why I don't care for any 3D art or textures above the nail.
> They ate fun to look at though. I prefer the smooth glassy look.

OMG!! I feel exactly the same way and I thought I was the only one, so I have never been game to say it :lol:

For me, I just feel when you add all the 3d stuff and it sits high off the nail, it makes them look faker than they can already look.

Give me a smooth shiney finish any daySmile

Cindy, as for the edge nails.........they are HOT!!! I love them!!
I have some edge tips here that I still have not been game enough to try, I think about them every second day but I'm just so scared to try them and stuff them up. I figured I would use the tips first time round and see what they look like before trying my hand at sculpting them, cause sculpting is not my strong point (yet).
The best thing I love about your set is they active length. It's these really long edge and stilettos that I hate and they just look so off but this set being shorter looks fab.

Congrats on a great job.
Hey Cindy, sorry I was away for our long weekend and just now catching up. If you are friends with Susan Loasby from the UK on Facebook - she sells the edge tips and they are very reasonably priced. I will let her know this thread is here and she may pop on here herself.

Here are pics of the nails I did on myself using these tips....they are clear, so you can see the detail on the underside.

I did these using ONYX gels, random glitter and Swarovski crystals. I wore these for about 2 weeks with no issues other than I kept poking my pedi clients with them, so I sadly had to remove them. This is just not a practical length for me when I'm working Sad

[Image: lauraedge2.jpg]

[Image: lauraedge1.jpg]
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I sell the edge tips that Laura used to do her lovely edge nails.

They cost £6 for a box of £100 plus £4 for overseas postage.
If you want more than one pack it's an extra £2 shipping for each box.

You can see them on http:// shop.angelfingersnails.co.uk

The site can only accept uk orders though, so email me on [email protected] with requirements and I can send a paypal request.
*angel fingers for heavenly hands*
Thanks Laura. Those are beautiful! Im def going to order the tips i think it will make if much easier to do on myself. I have to post the pic of what they look like now...i took them down more then half and they look great...im even thinking i like them better at a short length...did you try wearing the edge shorter...maybe that would work?

Shooting an email to you Susan! Thanks

Cindy
wow laura! love yours too!
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Thanks Cindy & Cindee Smile

Cindy, I will probably try them again at a shorter length.
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
They look Great Cindy!! And I remember commenting on that set on FB Laura, they are beautiful!
I LOVE Edge nails and that is my usual choice for myself, but it can be a pita to do on yourself. My clients are always saying " I Love those nails....On you" I have only had 1 person try the shape, she loved it, but because she wanted them a more active length, the shape had pretty much grown off by the 3rd fill (she comes every 3 weeks), so we went back to her squoval shaped nails.
Right now my hands feel Alien to me because I am sporting an active length squoval pink & white set. Can't wait until I have some free time for ME and get those Edge nails back! :lol:
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
scratchmyback :
> I forgot where I was for a second, was looking for the LIKE button! Those
> are awesome Cindy!!

um.. we do have a like button.. at the very bottom of the screen the mauve bar.. or you can hover on the pic of those (ABSOLUTELY STUNNG great job Cindy!) nails and it should pop up "SHARE in a black bar

yes I am still up Smile desperately trying to get caught up here.. but fading fast...
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Darcy... someone asked how do i do a fill on them....i have no idea...lol... i figured i would fill the new growth area and build the spine back up... I guess you could shave them down and do a reverse on them and then add your new free edge ...more experimenting ...some of my clients dont mind at all! I love my clients!
Cindy
Yep Cindy, fill it just like you said. Depending on the length, you will lose the shape on the underside of the nail after a few (usually about 3 or so) fills, if you are shortening them each time. So the only remedy for that is to remove the f/e and re-sculpt it. That is the reason that my 1 client who tried them, decided to go back to squoval.
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
ohhhhhhh it all makes sense now...lol thanks Darcy
Cindy
Happy to help Cindy! When my insane summer schedule starts to wind down, I hope to get my edge nails back...I Really miss them!
Darcy
Light Elegance Educator
scratchmyback :
> Hey Cindy, sorry I was away for our long weekend and just now catching up.
> If you are friends with Susan Loasby from the UK on Facebook - she sells the
> edge tips and they are very reasonably priced. I will let her know this thread
> is here and she may pop on here herself.
>
> Here are pics of the nails I did on myself using these tips....they are clear,
> so you can see the detail on the underside.
>
> I did these using ONYX gels, random glitter and Swarovski crystals. I wore
> these for about 2 weeks with no issues other than I kept poking my pedi clients
> with them, so I sadly had to remove them. This is just not a practical length
> for me when I'm working Sad
>
> [Image: lauraedge2.> jpg]
>
> [Image: lauraedge1.> jpg]

Hi I sent you an email regarding Onyx gel line.

Marisol
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
Maytheps (ebay) sells edge tips for like $5 for 500. I bought some but I have not used them yet. I do use Maytheps stiletto tips.
Nurse nail tech :
> scratchmyback :
>> Hey Cindy, sorry I was away for our long weekend and just now catching up.
>> If you are friends with Susan Loasby from the UK on Facebook - she sells the
>> edge tips and they are very reasonably priced. I will let her know this thread
>> is here and she may pop on here herself.
>>
>> Here are pics of the nails I did on myself using these tips....they are clear,
>> so you can see the detail on the underside.
>>
>> I did these using ONYX gels, random glitter and Swarovski crystals. I wore
>> these for about 2 weeks with no issues other than I kept poking my pedi clients
>> with them, so I sadly had to remove them. This is just not a practical length
>> for me when I'm working Sad
>>
>> [Image: lauraedge2.>> jpg]
>>
>> [Image: lauraedge1.>> jpg]
>
> Hi I sent you an email regarding Onyx gel line.
>
> Marisol

Marisol, my apologies, I didn't receive your email but I just sent you one Smile
Laura Merzetti
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,363
03-01-2016, 05:38 PM