You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edge nails
[Image: IMG_1636.jpg]
This is my first set of edge nails. We cut them down to active length and they still look cool. I want to start a trend around here. : )
If i get any takers i have no idea how to charge for these.
Cindy
How long did they take you?

Here in Cali that set of nails would be 75-80.
Cindy: Those are really well done!!
Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
Did I forget that part? Yes, they're so beautiful.....<3
Cindy! Those are gorgeous! Job well done!
Oh my God, gorgeous!
Iina (that's a double 'i')
Health & beauty, fitness and nails!
http://www.facebook.com/jazznails
Awesome!!
I forgot where I was for a second, was looking for the LIKE button! Those are awesome Cindy!!
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Thank you thank you thank you for the great compliments! : ) The shape is so cool looking and they even look great with active length... i took them down after i took this pic and i still think they look cool. I think its a shape we might get clients to try...unlike my stilettos...which most people think im nuts for wearing. I think the edge nails would be a bit of a challenge to put on myself... well i will probably try it when i have a week of free time..lol

Erin It took me 2 days...lol.. Im not really sure how long they took because i did the nails first then she came back and i did more finish filing and the art...just folding the forms before using them took me a while. The first time is always so much longer. But if i put them on myself i will be able to advertise them. Something to make me standout from all zillions of nail salons.

Laura ...that was too funny about the like button! I cant believe how addicted i am to FB and my phone and beautytech and my email... I remember saying to my son...Why do i need an internet connection???? Its totally ridicules. LOL
900 pass words and a flat butt later,,,hahaha Deb we need a like button...hahaha
Cindy
Smile Cindy.. They look sooo beautiful!! I love looking at your nail work.xx
Janet

http://www.janetthenailfairy.com
Amore Ultima Gel
3D Lash Extensionist

*Ask*Believe*Receive*

Happy people know that regardless of what happened yesterday, last month, years ago.....Or what might happen later today, tomorrow, or next year..... Now is the only place where happiness can actually be found and experienced.
cindy3 :
> Thank you thank you thank you for the great compliments! : ) The shape is so
> cool looking and they even look great with active length... i took them down
> after i took this pic and i still think they look cool. I think its a shape
> we might get clients to try...unlike my stilettos...which most people think
> im nuts for wearing. I think the edge nails would be a bit of a challenge
> to put on myself... well i will probably try it when i have a week of free
> time..lol
>
> Erin It took me 2 days...lol.. Im not really sure how long they took because
> i did the nails first then she came back and i did more finish filing and
> the art...just folding the forms before using them took me a while. The first
> time is always so much longer. But if i put them on myself i will be able to
> advertise them. Something to make me standout from all zillions of nail salons.
>
>
> Laura ...that was too funny about the like button! I cant believe how addicted
> i am to FB and my phone and beautytech and my email... I remember saying to
> my son...Why do i need an internet connection???? Its totally ridicules. LOL
> 900 pass words and a flat butt later,,,hahaha Deb we need a like button...
> hahaha
> Cindy

I've sculpted edge's on myself so yeah, I know what you mean lol. I would still say because of the degree of difficulty that it's safe to say 75+...that's what they charge for Japanese Nails or all sculpted gel nails here, because you're doing at least 2-3 hours of work and that way you're truly fairly compensated for your time.
>
> I've sculpted edge's on myself so yeah, I know what you mean lol. I would still
> say because of the degree of difficulty that it's safe to say 75+...that's
> what they charge for Japanese Nails or all sculpted gel nails here, because
> you're doing at least 2-3 hours of work and that way you're truly fairly compensated
> for your time.

What are japanese nails?
Cindy, I know where you can get some awesome Edge tips - if you're interested let me know Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Absolutely beautiful, Cindy !
That type of workmanship will definitely set you apart. I wouldn't know what would be charged in your area, but wanted you to know just how
awesome they are Big Grin
~Certified Master Pedicurist~
~Advanced Nail Technician~
Kawaii81 :
>>
>> I've sculpted edge's on myself so yeah, I know what you mean lol. I would still
>> say because of the degree of difficulty that it's safe to say 75+...that's
>> what they charge for Japanese Nails or all sculpted gel nails here, because
>> you're doing at least 2-3 hours of work and that way you're truly fairly compensated
>> for your time.
>
>
> What are japanese nails?

They're sweeping Southern Cali and something I'm going to go to School for here too at Marie Nails:

http://embitca.hubpages.com/hub/Japanese-Nail-Art
They are very nice, although they are not "my kinda thing". If I did do those, I would probably make them into pope hats. Hehe. That is what they remind me of.
very nice.
J Pham
No boundaries, just possibility.

http://www.facebook.com/jphamfb
So pretty Big Grin
Sandra V.
: ) Thank you! Im thrilled to hear about the Japanese art! Pretty much all my clients are into glitter and art and did i say glitter?! lol The entire industry is doing such a great job at advancing the nail art! When i first started people wore nail art. Not like the art we do today though, then everyone got all crazy with the pink and whites and they are beautiful but im jazzed about the art.
Laura I definitely want the info on the tips. I want to try them. Have you used them on anyone yet?
Cindy
Those nails are so incredibly beautiful. I had to walk my iPad around the house showing them off. Big Grin

The Japanese nail art with the pieces of bling that stick up are just not my deal. I don't know why I don't care for any 3D art or textures above the nail. They ate fun to look at though. I prefer the smooth glassy look.
Beautiful! I want a set of edge nails myself! Are they Gel, or Acrylic? I think its a nice alternative to the stiletto Smile

Cherie
Creative Nail Design Master Nail Tech
Entity Advantage Member #74594
beautiful! and i love the colors!!
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
Sobeit...wow that was such a nice compliment. It was my first set so i wasn't sure how it was going to work out. Im so happy I went for it. Im so crazy about nails and its so great to have BT to able to be among friends who have the same passion. I love my job! lol

Cherie these are acrylic. Someone said doing the edge was easier in AC. I dont know, but i love working with acrylic. I have half my clients in ac and half in gel

Its YN color ac but im not sure what the name is. I Love the blues and i think i used purple glitter. I should write this stuff down when im mixing things and someone breaks a nail i am trying to figure out what i mixed..lol

And one of my clients booked for a set of these! Yay! Im going to post the pic of these after i took them down to active length
Cindy
Erin how did they come out when you did them on yourself?
Cindy
Beautiful nails, Cindy! I love the active length too. I know what you mean about the stilettos, I wore them for about 3 months, absolutely no one was interested in having them.

BTW, there is a LIKE button down at the bottom of the screen now... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,496
03-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Last PostNailTech.com
Replies: 2
Views: 1,828