You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Footsie Question
08-04-2011, 02:57 PM
 (Print Post)
Footsie Question
Hello my fellow techies.
Im thinking of getting one of these does anyone have a pic of their setup that i could see?
I saw that beliva has a nice chair for theirs is there anything like that for the footsie thing?
It seems that most people on here give the footsie high marks. Anyone use Beliva?
Has anyone seen that YN is coming out with an entire kit for waterless pedis.
Anyone have any thoughts on it

Thanks
Cindy : )

http://www.DetailNails.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
 (Print Post)

[Image: CIMG0118.jpg]

I have the Pibbs chair for my Footsie Bath - but an identical version is available for the Belava. I like it a lot Smile. The chair is super comfy and the massage functions are great. I hardly ever use the "vibrate/massage" functions in my Footsie, just the heat, because the vibration is just kind of noisy and doesn't do much as far as relaxation goes. I do use a doorstop to keep the drawer from sliding out when a client puts her feet up on it, and I don't really care for the random open spot beneath the footrest (as you can see, I put a towel in there for each client so the cleanup is easier - its really just needs to be filled in tho!). That black box to the right is a "shelf" a friend of mine made so that my UV lamp can sit under the footrest for Shellac pedicures... definitely something to think about if you do gel polish pedis. I have a rolling cart that all my supplies are on...and yea! Like I said, I love it, and my clients really like it too!
Find all posts by this user
08-05-2011, 01:10 AM
 (Print Post)

I have 3 of those chairs in the salon (we use the Footsie Baths as well). You can get them from Pibbs. Sorry - not sure what the website is. Clients comment on how comfy the chairs are. Each chair comes with heat and vibration - not really massage. The chairs also recline and are adjustable forward and back. We also use a door stop to keep the base from sliding further out. I haven't had any problems using my UV light when doing rockstar or gel polish. I simply put it on top of the foot cushion and have the client place their foot inside. The back of the light just rests on my knee...no problem.

I also agree with Trina. I'm not sure why the manufacturer has an open space under the foot rest. It's just a trap or catch-all for nail clippings, foot filings and dust. Great idea Trina to put a towel in there to help with clean up afterward and also keep stuff from falling in there!
08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
 (Print Post)

We also have three of the Pibbs chairs and have the Pibbs footbaths. We are sending them back constantly because they just don't hold up through all the pedis we do. We're thinking of puchasing the Footsie baths as well but we weren't sure they would fit. Do you have any pictures of the footbath with the chair open?? Does the chair close with the footbath in? When I do Shellac on the toes I put a board across the hole and slide it back and forth. Do you have a picture of how you use the light with your gel polishes? Is it worth getting the basket to go with the Footsie bath?? I'm sorry I'm asking a lot but any feed back would be great, I gotta convbince my boss to get moving on this. THANK YOU!!!! Kelly* :lol: :lol: :lol:
08-05-2011, 07:13 AM
 (Print Post)

I also have the Pibb's chair, but I use the Belava tub. Love it! The one drawback with the Belava tub is that it is shallow ... I always end up with water splashing out (not enough to be bothersome, but enough to drive me crazy sometimes) The Footsie is deeper.

And the "random open spot" that TrinaLuna speaks of in her post? I store all my bottles there ... lotion, cuticle remover, oils, etc. I love it.

Donna

http://www.facebook.com/naildesignsbydonna
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
 (Print Post)

I have the Footsie and our salon has a platform with a comfy antique chair. I think the basket is essential to lift the liner out for emptying the water. At home I have a Kayline unit thet has space for the Footsie, drawers for supplies, a footrest and the stool portion has a back. I use an executive office chair with that one.

Stacy

Stacy Hart
Nails by Hart
Albany, Oregon
http://www.facebook.com/nailsbystacyhart
http://www.nailsbyhart.com
08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
 (Print Post)

Thanks ladies! The pibbs chairs sound great. They might be a bit big for my space though. I really liked the way the belava chair looked but i think im leaning towards the footsie. That Kayline unit looks Sweet! Does anyone know if the footsie bath would fit the Belava chair... i may just end up using the pongo chair from ikea for now...but i really like that kayline unit. Can you tell im a little confused?!? I might wait a bit to see about the YN kit for waterless thats coming out. The only thing is i just saw a footsie for 110 dollars and maybe i should grab that cause its a good price. See confused...lol
thanks for posting the pic Trinaluna
Cindy

http://www.DetailNails.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-05-2011, 06:55 PM
 (Print Post)
footsie setup...
I have the Belava Indulgence Chair and tub/liners. At first I was having a very hard time adjusting to the height...as I had previously been working with a pedestal and recliner office chair with the tub/liners. A friend of mine designed and installed a riser for me and it is now much better. He added 8 inches and my back thanks him every time I do a pedi!! It took some getting used to but I love it......
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  question about footsie bath... LucyAccardi 3 555 05-23-2014 10:20 AM
Last Post: LucyAccardi
  Footsie bath jluper7297 19 5,524 12-21-2012 09:10 PM
Last Post: Donna in Huntsville, TX.
  Footsie bath jennie 9 2,313 11-13-2012 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nail Raising
  FOOTSIE SANITATION RULES BY STATE BOARD H2S 15 3,698 10-29-2012 05:31 PM
Last Post: Melissa82
  footsie set up tania1980 2 935 06-06-2012 02:22 PM
Last Post: CandiceAE
  Footsie Pedi Liners LEAKING??? stuka123 5 1,568 05-16-2012 01:36 AM
Last Post: Sherrie90630
  Footsie bath santitation ? vacanaillady 29 9,693 05-12-2012 12:36 PM
Last Post: bengalkat
  footsie tray yelena 3 1,180 12-29-2011 03:28 AM
Last Post: yelena
  Footsie bath liner Pedi client kit. CloudNineNails 4 1,780 12-07-2011 10:36 AM
Last Post: Tn Nail Lady
  Footsie Pedi Bath snailnails2004 10 3,433 11-30-2011 08:48 PM
Last Post: bengalkat