You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soak off gels and primer
i have a client who's sog peel at the edge... (i am capping the edge)

i used a primer to coat the free edge.. when i applied it looked like it soaked in the color...?? can i use a primer on the whole nail?? TIA
I've been told that if you apply primer it's much more difficult to soak off. I had that problem many years ago when I first tried sog and it wouldn't budge when I tried to soak it off.
There are a few brands that recommend you dont cap the free edge at all, or not to cap with the color coats. Maybe try that before you go with primer and see if that helps. I dont know the line your using but myself: eco, shellac, gelish, polish pro. I use my Gelish Foundation now that I had some wonderful help from Suzanne and I have no chipping or peeling. Does your base coat require a dry wipe of the base coat after curing? If not try that too. I have found that my eco, polish pro and gelish all need to be un-shiny. I hope that helps. ( If you already do all those things, I recommend an acid free primer vs a protein bonder. I had a super hard time getting mine off with protein but with primer it was just as simple.)
Yes...you can use primer and yes it will effect soak off time by a few minutes but what line are you using? Some don't require capping the free edge.
hi ladies.. thanks for your responses!! i guess i should have been more specific... lOl

i use shellac base and top.. shellac and opi axxium colors...

my client peels from the sidewalls and free edge.. i make sure i use great prep.. so that's not the issue..

when i posted this question last week... i had only been using the shellac on her...
so i had used the young nail protein bond just on the edges.. and it really soaked in the color... it actually looked alittle darker where i had used the primer.. and the opi gel lacquer...
she came in today... perfect!!! BUT it took 17 mins to soak it all off.... Sad

so i put the PB all over her nail and proceeded with a french.. im on vaca next week so we'll have a real 2 week test to see how it lasts..

so i guess my next questions are:

is there a gel "primer' i should try instead of the PB??
is the PB too 'harsh" for a natural nail?? TIA!!! Smile
Quote:sobeit :
( If you already do all those things, I recommend an acid free primer vs a protein bonder. I had a super hard time getting mine off with protein but with primer it was just as simple.)
I recently learned from a nail educator that using an Acid primer (not acid free) will help with lift-prone clients. ANyone else hear that?

Terri
Terri

User of Biosculpture
CND Brisa
OPI Axxium
T.E.N.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 14