You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas gifts for clients
I was wondering what gifts/discounts (if anything) you give your clients during the holidays? Looking for relevant ideas. I am an Esthetician and nail tech. Thanks for your input!
Go to a Dollar Store. Sometimes they have cute items. One year they had flip flop key chains.
i do the small bottles of solar oil that i normally retail but i give them each one, or i give them a choice and i will some years purchase the small bottles of lotions, this year i am waiting to see what comes from my order from the beauty supply, so far the lotion is not hitting the door but the oil has..lol.. pocket calenders will be the fill in if it does not come in..lol
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I sell Avon and every year they have small lotions in holiday printed tubes. They also have holiday themed lip balms and body washes. Last year every one got a body wash, shower poof, lotion, lip balm and a nice pocket calendar (.50 from Michael's). I put them all in a holiday bag bought at the Dollar Store.
I don't think I'm going to go that far this year. I was actually thinking about making a donation to our local animal shelter instead and letting everyone know in a hand written card that in lieu of a gift that the donation was made.
I've given jewelry, hand made neck scarves. chocolate covered pretzels with spicey pretezels, candy, candles, lotion. Depends on how much you want to spend. I'm thinking this year I'm going to make them rice bags to use around their necks.

Possibilities are endless. Hardest part is using your imagination.
Colleen I really like your idea.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
An idea that doesn't cost much, as we know things can be tight and giving to a lot of people can really hurt the pocket book. I have printed out little coupon books for them to use on services they don't normally get, or don't get often, that way they save, and I make more money during some of my slower wintery months. I put it in a nice holiday card with a hand written not, wrap some ribbon around it and put a starburst candy cane in the bow.
Last year I didn't do Christmas but Halloween instead. I made orange tissue paper pumpkins filled with candy and a Halloween personal sized hand sanitizer from bath and body works. I can no longer do very time consuming home made gifts for them as their orders for my ornaments and nesting dolls take up way to much time, it's like 2 full time jobs for the season.
Peggy,
What do you seal the artwork with on the ornaments?
Thank you so much for the great ideas!
Quote:JulieM :
> Peggy,
> What do you seal the artwork with on the ornaments?
I mostly paint on frosted bulbs using acrylic paint and I dont seal those in as when the paint is really dry its on there. Unless the owner washes it which would be bad, but all the paint wouldnt come off then. If I use a clear bulb the shine will make the paint slide right off, and in that case I would gently apply Mod Podge clear gloss/luster to the entire painted section and around the edge over lapping the bulb surface to seal that in.
Using a spray for me has ended poorly, my paint melted off, so use a brush LOL. I know there are other clear sealants out there, and I cannot think of the name right now. I will get back to you on that. Mod Podge works great for me though.
Peggy,
Thanks for the details! I have some in my garage and was thinking of maybe trying to paint some, of course I'm am not a natural artist like you, but thought I could do some for gifts for Family! If they don't come out all scary. LOL
Julie, they will be heart felt gifts, nothing beats that. And imperfection is perfect in my book.
Cuccio Naturale has great little trial sizes of their body butter to give at the holidays. Go to scentualspaproducts.com and check them out. I give that with a mini bottle of cuticle oil and a small buffer...then they bring back the mini bottle bottle when done to get a refill for $3.
This year i think Im going give out mini Lumos top coats and cuccio mini butters. You can get the sample tubes for $1.99 i think for 4. And the Lumos minis are 12 for $18. So you spend $2 per client and give amazing gifts!
CND trained since '02
Lumos & Famous Names- Famous Partner~ want Lumos? Email me!
Www://facebook.com/cloudnineathens
Lumos! Dadi' Oil! Vamoos!
CloudNineNails ,
Did you get my email? I sent you my addy for a sample of that topcoat.
Haken also has sample sizes of their tubes of hand lotion/butter. Creme brûlée is always a favorite. Smile. I think I'll do rolo pretzels too. Been a few years that I've done gifts, nice to see what people are doing!
Jessica Hoel
Nail Professional
Akzentz Distributor & Educator
http://www.luvnailz.com
Julie im so sorry i did not! Try again. [email protected] or fb me. I will get your samples out asap.
CND trained since '02
Lumos & Famous Names- Famous Partner~ want Lumos? Email me!
Www://facebook.com/cloudnineathens
Lumos! Dadi' Oil! Vamoos!
i use to give out the little bottles of cuticle oil, or a small size of hand lotion but a couple of years ago i made all of them cheeseballs! of course they arent the size of a regular cheeseball but now they request that lol, although they may get the cuticle oil this year!
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
One year I gave a mini bottle of solar Oil wrapped with a bow around a 100 grit file.

Another year I gave two free nail arts that was Christmas themed. They loved it! It was fast, and pretty much no cost to me.

Another year I decided to not make it a salon themed gift so I gave cute angel ornaments and Holiday Pins I gathered from the year before when Christmas deco went on sale after the Holidays.

One great gift I'm thinking of making this year is Book Marks. Ribbon with beads and a feather attached to the end.
sobeit :
> An idea that doesn't cost much, as we know things can be tight and giving to
> a lot of people can really hurt the pocket book. I have printed out little
> coupon books for them to use on services they don't normally get, or don't
> get often, that way they save, and I make more money during some of my slower
> wintery months. I put it in a nice holiday card with a hand written not, wrap
> some ribbon around it and put a starburst candy cane in the bow.

Given my post about the holiday buying season, I love this idea!!!
Win, Win!!!
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
Air Art Girl. Whats really nice about this coupon book, is you can design to each client. And I don't put a name on it, so if they want to give this book away, then its a double win for me if I gain a new client that tries my services out and stays with me. I do put an expiration date on each coupon and sometimes for things like pedicures I put "good between" dates on them. I don't lose anything and its great for a time filler if they chose. I usually buy cute boxes of Non Holiday specific cards, yet very festive looking, and write a personal letter to the client thanking them for choosing me to be a part of their life and to help make them feel wonderful. Ribbon is always on sale at Michaels and then candy canes are always a good deal at Target or walmart. I think I spend under $20 for everything to make each coupon book, card, gift.
Awesome idea about the coupon book! I'm going to try thisSmile
CND Master
young nails
light elegance
sobeit :
> Air Art Girl. Whats really nice about this coupon book, is you can design to
> each client. And I don't put a name on it, so if they want to give this book
> away, then its a double win for me if I gain a new client that tries my services
> out and stays with me. I do put an expiration date on each coupon and sometimes
> for things like pedicures I put "good between" dates on them. I don't lose
> anything and its great for a time filler if they chose. I usually buy cute
> boxes of Non Holiday specific cards, yet very festive looking, and write a
> personal letter to the client thanking them for choosing me to be a part of
> their life and to help make them feel wonderful. Ribbon is always on sale at
> Michaels and then candy canes are always a good deal at Target or walmart.
> I think I spend under $20 for everything to make each coupon book, card, gift.
>

It is absolutely the best personal gift I can think of, especially with the personal note. Do you put in the note that if they would like to regift it to a friend that you are ok with that? BTW Peggy, I need your addy to send you what we discussed. email me again
Ellen Torchia
Owner Too Much Fun
President SB&S Graphics, Inc
Replicator Graphics

Former Top 10 Competitor

"A mind once stretched by the imagination never regains it's original form."
I sent the reply to your email this evening, if it didn't go through let me know and I will resend it. Big Grin
Idea I have been doing hand painted ornaments for a few years now and my clients love them.I get gold,silver or blue bulbs on clearance after the holidays for the next year to help with the cost.I do what I do for nail art on the bulbs,just a bit larger!Like a tree or a snowman,add a ribbon or yarn to hang and get the bags at a discount store and you hace a gift they will love.I ussually do calenders too from Terrys Village catolog,u can get 45 for $20.Have a happy Holiday
Keep Nailing!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 1,225
04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Last Postlz43my
Replies: 0
Views: 1,355