You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Nails
I am focusing on natural nails only, no enhancements. For those of you that do this too, do you get clients still wanting gel over the natural nails? Not gel polish but hard gels like Axxium or YN? I don't want to turn down clients but I really want to just focus on natural nails. I do the gel polish on the natural nail and the clients are happy with that. Would I market to an older clientele? I am new and need to start building!!
I don't do enhanced nails, it is a service that is asked for but not by my regulars. New clients will call and request it and I just turn them down as I do not do them anymore.
This was a hard decision to go natural but so glad I did.
I try to upsell the gel polish to the new clients, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
My clientelle is 55 and up, while I do have a younger clientelle as well mostly for waxing and pedi's.
aj
I did enhancements for 14 years then quit because I was traveling too much and they were yelling at me. I quickly learned that good natrual services were much more profitable than enhancemengts - to mu surprise and pleasure.
I wrote a book on the manicuring aspect of it for Milady in 2000 (Manicuring for Salons and Spas ) with how-tos, how to be successful, etc Now I consult for both manicuring and pediuring, and one of these days will finish a book on that/update the manicuring part. If I ever settle down enough.
One thing I will tell you is you must learn how to do a gel wrap/repair service for natural nail clients. They need it and it keeps them from losing nails. I have even put lost free edges back on with that technique for new clients who are still breaking nailos and they LOVE that.
Another thing, you need a GOOD product line - not necessarily the popular one that everyone else has. And must SELL home care so they see improvements in their nails and skin.
JanMc
Live and Learn - life is too short to stay the same
janmccormk :
> I did enhancements for 14 years then quit because I was traveling too much
> and they were yelling at me. I quickly learned that good natrual services were
> much more profitable than enhancemengts - to mu surprise and pleasure.
> I wrote a book on the manicuring aspect of it for Milady in 2000 (Manicuring
> for Salons and Spas ) with how-tos, how to be successful, etc Now I consult
> for both manicuring and pediuring, and one of these days will finish a book
> on that/update the manicuring part. If I ever settle down enough.
> One thing I will tell you is you must learn how to do a gel wrap/repair service
> for natural nail clients. They need it and it keeps them from losing nails.
> I have even put lost free edges back on with that technique for new clients
> who are still breaking nailos and they LOVE that.
> Another thing, you need a GOOD product line - not necessarily the popular one
> that everyone else has. And must SELL home care so they see improvements in
> their nails and skin.
Could you tell me how to do a nail wrap and the product you use,and what products you recomend for shop and to send home with clients to help their nails Thanks so much
I do offer enhancement services in my salon.....but the majority of our business is natural nails. Most of our clients are so thrilled to see a salon that specializes in natural nail care because most places push enhancements on them.

The reason I offer enhancement services is because I want their pedicure business as well. AND, I'd rather do their enhancements knowing they are being done in a way that will preserve the health of their natural nails instead of them having them all damaged somewhere else. But I do prefer natural nails.
Melodie Hand
Clayton/Raleigh, NC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 2,105
10-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 4