You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facial chair for pedi's, does it work?
Hi....

Updating my salon in the next couple of weeks,and have been searching for pedicure ideas!

I currently have a european touch whirlpool that rolls around.

My issue is...I need the customer to be higher...ugh my back :?

Thinking of switching to just a dry hot towel wrap pedicure and was curious if the facial chair idea works?

thanks, and apologizes if this has been discussed before.
small town nail gurl
If you are not going to use the whirlpool it will work depending on how you situate the client and yourself. I have done polish changes in the facial bed before and it is fine. The leg part of the facial bed is longer than most women's legs, so just be sure you are not hunching over to compensate.
thank you for commenting! Smile

I sure didn't want to spend the money in that direction if it wouldn't work any better than what I'm doing now.
small town nail gurl
I have my client sit in a chair to soak their feet. Then I apply a scrub and wash it of while their feet are soaking. Then I dry their feet and I Get them up on the bed. I use lots of cusions and blankets to keep themcomfortable. My clients love the ultra relaxing lay down pedicure. I took me a while to get used to it but i love it now. you can look at my face book page and look at the pictures under the work album. look for [email protected] on FB
Have you tried using an oversized executive office chair. Sometimes you can get them on clearance for about $100. That is what I've been using with my European Touch Petite Spa and it works great for me. You can raise the chair to get their feet higher, of course there is a limit as to how high. Just thought I'd suggest.
I have always used my facial bed. It is the perfect height and I don't hurt my back. Most customers soak there feet while laying on the bed, they just bend their knees and I put the foot bath under them. If they have sore back or older I have a step stool, that I place the foot bath on and they sit on the side of the bed and soak feet on the stool with bath on it. when finished they swing around and lay down to have there pedi and they love laying down to get the pedi's.
Barb
Personal Pampering Esthetics
Smiths Falls, On Canada
DoTERRA Wellness Advocate
http://www.mydoterra.com/barbw
http://www.personalpamperingesthetics.com
WHat do you guys think about using a comfortable sofa with a portable soak tub, a nail tech chair and a foot rest for the client to use for a pedicure? Do any of you have experience with that? does it work and what might be some of the problems?

Thank you very much
Babbs :
> I have always used my facial bed. It is the perfect height and I don't hurt
> my back. Most customers soak there feet while laying on the bed, they just
> bend their knees and I put the foot bath under them. If they have sore back
> or older I have a step stool, that I place the foot bath on and they sit on
> the side of the bed and soak feet on the stool with bath on it. when finished
> they swing around and lay down to have there pedi and they love laying down
> to get the pedi's.

Just curious to know......are you standing while you give them a pedi or sitting in a chair?
Ditto to Barb's reply... I do it exactly the same !!! I sit on a stool at the end of the ped to do the work... been doing pedi's for 6 years without straining my back !!

Smile Maggie
Facial chair works just fine, have done it that way many times Smile
Idonls yes I sit in a chair that does go up or down, so I am not bending, and when I polish I get them to bend their knees so the feet are flat on the bed real easy to polish.
Barb
Personal Pampering Esthetics
Smiths Falls, On Canada
DoTERRA Wellness Advocate
http://www.mydoterra.com/barbw
http://www.personalpamperingesthetics.com
I've used the facial chair for pedis for the last 7 years or so. I would never do anything else now...if I were still doing pedis. Smile I just stopped offering them, too hard on my body. And now I'm finding that the facial chair doesn't work as well when I do gel/acrylic/gel polish toes, because of the lamp. But I'm not sure what else to do, because the set ups I've seen with the client sitting on a bench and the lamp on the floor would be waaaay too hard on my back. And I don't have enough room to build a raised station. So! Does anyone do their toe enhancements (with the UV lamp) on their facial bed? Hope this doesn't hijack the thread too much!

And to answer Manag00's question: The couches would be okay as long as they are elevated. Otherwise, it would be h*ll on the nail techs' backs doing all that bending.
Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 866
10-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Last Posteleonora