You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keep Mani Q/polish mixture from drying
10-22-2011, 09:16 AM
 (Print Post)
Keep Mani Q/polish mixture from drying
We have been using the Mani Q and polish mixture with great success. But....as there is actual polish in it, it tends to dry out quickly. I guess keeping it covered up while using it might work, but I am curious how everyone else does it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2011, 09:51 AM
 (Print Post)

Its a shame young nails even said this was ok to do, as this can cause issues via that nail polish that is not dry, leeching into the nail plate and surrounding tissues for who knows how long. Its trapped there by the gel, and how much of that gel didn't cure through because the nail polish pigment was to high for penetration of the UV rays? I would toss that self made mixture and opt for their gel polish pre-made by a chemist. Just my view since the other is just playing with fire.
Young Nails is said to have a really nice, smooth applying gel polish, with easy removal, but as a renewed lover of Polish Pro and a Gelish or Eco fan, I would also recommend those.
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
 (Print Post)

Shall I get you are ruler so you can rap my knuckles now?

Your opinion on the safety of this matter was not asked for nor necessary. I have been doing it this way for a very long time, with great success and absolutely NO adverse reactions. For someone who doesn't know what they are doing, yes, this could be a disaster. Fortunately for me, and all my clients, I am extremely well educated and many years under my belt. Most of the clients I have are wonderful friends of almost thirty years. Hopefully, you too will reach this same status, someday.

Now, if anyone else has an answer to my question, I would like to hear it.
10-24-2011, 10:01 AM
 (Print Post)

Quote:I am extremely well educated and many years under my belt. Most of the clients I have are wonderful friends of almost thirty years. Hopefully, you too will reach this same status, someday.
Now that was uncalled for, and extremely unprofessional on your part!

It doesn't have anything to do with your "education". I wasn't implying your an idiot, unlike yourself. And I am no newb, been a tech for 18 years and an instructor for several of those. What it is about, is saftey, and since you weren't here for the ruling from Doug Schoon, Scientific advisor for CND telling us exactly what I told you, then I think you need to know.
Keep using it, and when an allergy arises on your client from continued over exposure to uncured nail polish, you will know where to look in your product line.
Now to find that ruler.
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
 (Print Post)

Oh, I was there for the 'Ruling', from Judge Schoon, Peggy. Being as well educated as you are, you know that EVERY product we put on our nails does some sort of damage.

Lecturing me on the safety procedures is not necessary. I simply asked for an answer to my question, not a reprimand for what I was doing.

I have been on this board for a very long time, many years. I had to sign in on a different name because I was having log in problems, and it was easier to just make a new one. I have read many of your posts, and all though I applaud many of the things you say, I also find you quick to reach out and sting those posters you may not agree with. Whenever I see a topic where there is a bit of arguing going on...I immediately look for your name...and there it is. Unfortunately, this has become one of those topics, and I feel it is time to end this conversation. I will not argue on Deb's board.

Have a pleasant day, Peggy.
10-24-2011, 10:52 AM
 (Print Post)

More uncalled for words from you. Who's arguing? Just you really. Maybe you ought to go back and reread my first reply to you Mrs. Rogers. There was not a mean word, not a condescending tone, nothing but telling you that its not a good practice and that in my opinionyou should toss the self mix and opt for an easier safer method because WE have been told of its dangers. And gave a few product names I love to use.
You took it upon yourself to take that as a reprimand. I actually am not interested in what you think of me.

PS I suppose if this method of yours was really popular and there weren't any already made gel polishes, then you would have a flood of helpful replies. In my opinion that is.

PSS
Quote:you know that EVERY product we put on our nails does some sort of damage.
I disagree.
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
 (Print Post)

UPDATE:
I spoke with Raymond from YN on the phone today, and he assured me that the practice of mixing Mani Q and polish is perfectly safe and will cause no issues as long as you are properly applying it, as with any enhancement. All instructions can be found on their Facebook page.
10-27-2011, 06:49 AM
 (Print Post)

If you have to have your soak off gel in a bottle..Eco will be coming out in bottles very shortly...January..it will have a bottle design so you can get to the bottom of the bottle easier for less waste...and matching polish for toes...it will also be either uv or led curable...and the new lamp will be uv/led as well. The price points will also lower than what we are use to paying right now!

Elena Desmonie
http://www.ManciuresThatLast.com
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
 (Print Post)

Quote:Mrs.Rodgers :
> UPDATE:
> I spoke with Raymond from YN on the phone today, and he assured me that the
> practice of mixing Mani Q and polish is perfectly safe and will cause no issues
> as long as you are properly applying it, as with any enhancement. All instructions
> can be found on their Facebook page.

BETTER UPDATE!

My advice is, "don't" try. Anything can be harmful if used improperly. Thousands of people die from water every year, so all chemicals, including water, UV gels, and topcoats must be used properly.

If you mix two products together that were not designed to be mixed together, you're ignoring manufacturers instructions and using both products inappropriately. What could happen? The very fact that you are not sure should warn you away from trying such a thing. If something unexpected happens, it will likely be considered negligence, since you ignored manufacturer's instructions.

Products are carefully formulated and balanced to perform best when used correctly and properly. Besides service breakdown and nail plate damage, there is a chance that you or your client could develop adverse skin reactions when these products are used improperly. My advice, stick to the instructions and use products as directed.
11-17-2011, 11:08 PM
 (Print Post)
Re: Keep Mani Q/polish mixture from drying
Mrs.Rodgers :
> We have been using the Mani Q and polish mixture with great success. But...
> .as there is actual polish in it, it tends to dry out quickly. I guess keeping
> it covered up while using it might work, but I am curious how everyone else
> does it?

Is there another set of instructions where they discuss mixing ManiQ with regular polish? The one I visited that was posted on a similar thread mentions NOTHING about mixing with regular polish. It discusses mixing ManiQ gel to ManiQ color (gel polish). https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i...7051790039

For certain, there should be no reason not to be able to mix products for sake of new color or to color gel nails.

Anna
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2011, 11:39 PM
 (Print Post)

To answer the original post, there is an orange bowl that's a UV light blocker you can turn over your tile while you're not working with it. They are used by dental labs to keep their product from curing.

And, I'll add, I was standing in front of Greg Salo at the Premiere Show two years ago when he said to put your ManiQ on a tile, pour on top whatever polish you choose, and blend it on the tile to customize your ManiQ application for your client.
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  YN Mani-Q colors changing in bottle? *pixie* 3 841 01-26-2014 12:50 PM
Last Post: sbwalnuss
  additive to polish remover to make it less drying? wendynailart 6 1,734 12-21-2013 01:29 AM
Last Post: wendynailart
  dry mani?? ctonramk@aol.com 12 1,829 10-17-2013 04:31 PM
Last Post: ctonramk@aol.com
  Mani/Pedi Massage Nails4ever 2 1,036 07-23-2013 10:39 AM
Last Post: jimsjadab
  what's included in the price of your gel mani ? loribe 12 2,189 05-22-2013 02:52 PM
Last Post: lovethosetoes
  got a mani today loribe 4 1,093 05-04-2013 05:52 AM
Last Post: loribe
  French Mani (gel) question loribe 3 936 04-28-2013 07:23 PM
Last Post: barb
  mani/pedi bar sabbott 6 1,644 04-16-2013 06:24 AM
Last Post: Darcy
  Mani-Q kelznailz 6 2,181 11-05-2012 11:50 AM
Last Post: lovethosetoes
  gelish & mani-q getnailed20 8 2,213 10-20-2012 10:34 AM
Last Post: nailgalinaz