You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Oil + Spray?
Hi Smile!

Do you know where I may be able to find some teeny weeny spray bottles/nozzles for solar oil? I'm talking for like the .5oz bottles. Would solar oil actually even work in a spray bottle, or is it too thick? I'm sure someone on here has tried it Tongue.

And why is it called SOLAR oil anyway?
Id think its way too thick to spray. There is solarspeed spray that contains the solaroil.
They are called atomizers. You can find them for perfume and stuff. I have one that I keep in my purse. It fits in a lipstick case thing and I put alcohol in it (for sanitizing on the go, I am anal about germs). I have out oil in a spray bottle before and it is very messy and the oil is not nicely dispersed (big globs). I use a squeeze nozzle instead.

Avon does have a spray bottle for kitchen oil (to make your own pan spray from any oil). It also spits a little. If you are using it for nails and not body, the spray may cover too much of an area.
I know of a tech that uses oil sheen (found in African American hair care products). A lot of the products have jojoba, almond or olive oil (a whole line for this) and they come in an aerosol can. Never heard any complaints from this method used as a finishing spray. Just thought I'd share. Smile
IMO using a spray waste too much of the product. You have no control of where it goes. With a brush you have control of how much you use and where you put it.
Quote:idonls

IMO using a spray waste too much of the product. You have no control of where it goes. With a brush you have control of how much you use and where you put it.

You should not be brushing on cuticle oil; it's unsanitary.
Krissy16 :
> >
> You should not be brushing on cuticle oil; it's unsanitary.

It comes with a brush. Besides their hands ARE sanitary by the time you do this step at the very end. If not, then you are not following proper sanitization steps at the beginning of your service.
I use the Solar Speed Spray for shop use now, but I'm mainly looking for a mini spray bottle for clients to take home. I have a few that have noted that if they could just spray it on instead of having to brush it on each individual nail, that they would use it like "they should".

It sounds nitpicky, but I figure if it helps them use their oil I'd might as well try to figure something out :roll: .

Footie, your response seems promising...my only problem now is finding an atomizer top small enough. .5oz is the largest size oil I retail, so it'd have to be itty bitty to fit the top. Or, if I need to just buy a new container all together, it still needs to be in that size range. Guess I have some searching to do Smile
Awwww, ok, I didn't know you were wanting it for your clients to use. Might be a good idea. Let us know what you find. :wink:
http://shop.scrapbooks.com/gb-rmis701.html Not cheap but what you might be looking for.
Here is a pic of a mini SPRAY bottle for perfume samples. 100 pieces for $7!

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm-img...alers.html
Nice work Erika!

The more I think about it... if clients are so lazy that they have to spray on cuticle oil, they will probably to lazy to go through with using it as they should, even with a sprayer. Still worth a shot, but I do think the oil might not spray right. @ only $7, what have you got to lose? Besides $7, lol.
The Solar Speed Spray is not meant to be used as a daily applied product in replacement of the Solar Oil Wink
Holly L Schippers
CND Education Ambassador

FingerNailFixer on Facebook
FingerNailFixer on YouTube

"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause
Much better Erika! I am trying to think of what to put in them!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 1,630
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Last Postlexibunny