You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gel nails
Hey i have been doing gel nails for about a year,I was wondering any suggestions on how to get the gel to not burn when it is setting up in the uv lamp?I just hate how it really burns some people and some it doesn't so any one have any thoughts?
When I am curing a thicker layer of gel I put it in the lamp for a 4-5 seconds , then I tell my client to put her hand in front of the lamp so the lite from the lamp is on the nail . That way the gel is slowely curing without the burning sensation . To make sure the gel is all the way cured after I am done with all the nails I cure them once again for 2 min .
Hope that helps ...
Sandra V.
Yes, have your clients place their hand 1-2 inches in front of the light, not in it, for 15-30 seconds and then go into the light. With most gels, this is enough to reduce the heat factor. Just make sure they keep the nails back 1-2 inches at first.
it's usually going to burn on a thin, bare nail much worse than a thicker, or already covered nail. Pre lighting in front of the lamp as the others said is the best way to avoid the burn.
thanks guys i will definitely try that!
kbunny35 :
> Hey i have been doing gel nails for about a year,I was wondering any suggestions
> on how to get the gel to not burn when it is setting up in the uv lamp?I just
> hate how it really burns some people and some it doesn't so any one have any
> thoughts?

Are you maybe applying too thick a layer of gel?
Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com