You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas signature nail
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have a signature nail or nail design for Christmas? I have been in business for 15 years and it is getting harder to come up with ideas. I would like to see what you come up with if so, not to copy just for a mind refresher.
I always like to have something that people can look at for the Holidays and say oh you go to Pam! It always tickels them and is a conversation starter.
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
should not bite fingernails!
My most popular design is a simple one really, but my favorite is the candy cane striped tips.
[Image: Tina12-10-09-1.jpg] [Image: ChristmasGel12-17-09-1.jpg]
Variations of this "gift wrapped" nail with the bit of 3D holly is the most popular.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Cc I love that snow man did you hand paint it?
How about offering a free Konad stamp that is holiday theme. Snowflakes, snowmen, bells, etc in a sparkly silver or gold color polish. Orly has a silver and gold that work well with the Konad.

I don't know if you do a lot of nail art or not, but this is very simple and fast enough you could offer it for free during the holiday season.
NailsbyNicole2 :
> Cc I love that snow man did you hand paint it?

The Snowman is actually a "googly eye" water globe with NSI 3D gel to sculpt his head and hat and NSI color gel for face, legs & arms.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
blank
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
my signature is a string of lights going thru all 5 nails. the pinkie has a plug on the endSmile people just go absolutely mad over it. it's all hand-painted and it can be done over any color on the nails. sorry, don't have a pic but i probably will by saturday, i think one of my clients wants it for thanksgiving!
*Loving my job since '97*
Please post any pics that you have.
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
C-C, love those candy cane nails!
[Image: Christmasnails.jpg]
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
*nailnazi* :
> my signature is a string of lights going thru all 5 nails. the pinkie has
> a plug on the endSmile people just go absolutely mad over it. it's all hand-
> painted and it can be done over any color on the nails. sorry, don't have
> a pic but i probably will by saturday, i think one of my clients wants it for
> thanksgiving!

One of my favs!!! I loved to do the bulbs!!

Crappy picture, sorry, some day I will rescan all my photos
[Image: deb1.gif]

Halloween was more my thing.. imagaine that Smile but I also lived to hand paint for xmas, lots of snow scenes, santas, roudolf with google eyes

http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe/debbies...-a-50.html
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Really good ideas, thanks.
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
Donna in Huntsville, TX. :
> C-C, love those candy cane nails!

Thanks Donna, my fav ones to do, but to many of my clients feel that the design is too limiting and does not go well with many things--that is why most stick to the "giftwrapped" nail.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
CC, are your candy cane tips acrylic or gel? If acrylic, are you cutting your lines and then filling them? They are GREAT!
fightinthebite
ok so i am not opposed to copying you guys...hahahaha
i also do something similiar to the candy striped nails.. sorry no pic but i now have konad and love the snowflakes on it.. speaking of
has anyone noticed that on the christmas konad plate the snowman is drunk with little beer bubbles and the reindeer has a pirate patch and giving the peace sign with both hands.... omg wth??? lol
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
kailiek :
> ok so i am not opposed to copying you guys...hahahaha
> i also do something similiar to the candy striped nails.. sorry no pic but
> i now have konad and love the snowflakes on it.. speaking of
> has anyone noticed that on the christmas konad plate the snowman is drunk
> with little beer bubbles and the reindeer has a pirate patch and giving the
> peace sign with both hands.... omg wth??? lol

Do you know which plate number for the Konad has the snowflakes?

Also, do you recommend a polish that works with the Konad other than the Konad special polish? I tried China Glaze and OPI and they are too thin.

Thanks
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
Tif :
> CC, are your candy cane tips acrylic or gel? If acrylic, are you cutting your
> lines and then filling them? They are GREAT!

No they are gel. I sculpt in one color and then fill the spaces with the other color.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
Konad m59 has snowflakes, m12 has the santa, tree, Merry Christmas, and drunken snowman, pirate reindeer.

Get the Konad white polish, there is no substitute. I've thought Zoya might work because it's heavily pigmented but I have not tried it.

For silver and gold sparkly I use Orly Foil Fx in Shine and Luxe and they look really nice.

If you don't have any Konad yet, minimum investment is plate and stamper. You can use a plastic credit type card as a scraper, which works better and won't scratch your plate like the metal they sell does.
Thanks kkgun

I will try those. I really like the simplicity of Konad.
[Image: 100_4603-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_4566-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_4546-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_4509-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_4495-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_3066-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_1620-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_1628-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_5804-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_5823-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_5827-1.jpg]
[Image: 100_5828-1.jpg]

I know I went Nannas on the pics... sorry... =]
LOVE those blue ones with the star!!! What color did you use for the blue?
Angela, you know I really don't like those shovel nails, the style just makes me go ewww .. BUT I have to admit, your work can make even that style look amazing Smile I always take the time to look at your pictures Smile really really nice job! I can't pick one, well if I HAD to I love the simplitiy of the P&W dressed up like a gift with the holly and santa head.. but then that last set.. OMG if you wanna talk bling .. baby that would be the one Smile
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Angela I must ask, how long does it take you do do a full set like that?
Angela all I can say is WOW!
And I see possablitys with all the nails that have been showen.
Great share everyone.
Pam Smith
Nails at Last Salon
[email protected]

Chinese proverb:
Women who scratch butt
angela your nails are always just too stinkin cute!!! and i have tried everything with konad and only got thier stuff to work...
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post