You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in a tough situation...
So here's my problem...the person I work under has no formal nail training and is a new nail tech.....she went away on vaca and I did her one client, at the end of the appointment the client asks me to change her next appointment to with me instead because she likes the way I do them better. I do not burn her with the e file. I have also had to do 2 fixes for her this past week....I don't want her to feel like I am stealing clients. That's why I have said no to doing her clients in the past....should I say something??? She has also burned me numerous times doing my nails...

Please help me!
Yes, you're in a tough spot. She is not your client, she is your boss's client. You cannot switch her next appointment to you. If this client wants to speak to your boss and say that she would like her next appointment to be with you, then she could do that. I would not get in the middle of it though, it will turn out ugly and you may end up looking for another place to work.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
wow, sticky situation! No formal training and she's a new tech and you're working under her?? How'd that happen? Stuff like that is going to happen when you leave for a while, but if she asks about it, I'd tell her she'd need to ask the client, not you, why she switched. If you feel like you could explain diplomatically to her why the client didn't stay with her, give it a try. Since you're working with her, you know a bit about her personality, is she open to some constructive critique? If not, let the client be the bearer of bad news......

I just read Laura's post, didn't know it was your boss! I used to work for someone like that... Confusedhock: :roll: good luck!
I have already moved the appointment as I didn't feel comfortable asking the client to ask her to switch...
As for the boss she is a pretty rad chick very open I just feel awkward...she has mentioned before that she doesn't like doing nails and I could have all her nail clients, I just feel so bad, but maybe after this she will go get some training...?!
I just know when I first started I did all hand filling they don't teach you the efile right away and I think that's a much better way of doing it.
you might be doing her a favor by taking her clients. If that's how she feels, then you should definitely talk with her. I know that if I had decided that I wanted one person, came in for my appt. and found I was put with the person I didn't want, I'd be very unhappy. If your boss has business sense, she'll understand this and want the client to with whomever makes her happy.

You certainly shouldn't feel bad, and as for her getting training, if she really wanted to do nails, she'd have done it already, imo.
scratchmyback :
> Yes, you're in a tough spot. She is not your client, she is your boss's client.
> You cannot switch her next appointment to you. If this client wants to speak
> to your boss and say that she would like her next appointment to be with you,
> then she could do that. I would not get in the middle of it though, it will
> turn out ugly and you may end up looking for another place to work.

I have to say, client's don't belong to anyone. If the clients wishes to change technicians, why can't she do that?

And personally, I would never make my client confront the tech she isn't happy with (owner or not). I would take the brunt of that.

Again, just my opinion.
The key part of this topic is she said "she doesn't like doing nails". So what would she care if you do her clients. And I as a client wouldn't want someone performing a service on me if they don't like doing their job.

All you can do is be honest with her. Tell her the client told you that she wanted to switch and that is that. The point being also is that at least you are keeping the client in the shop. I worked at a shop way back and that was the philsophy of the shop, keep them in the shop, doesn't matter who does them, as long as the client is happy!!
Sit down and talk to her and tell her the truth. Say it just as you would want to hear it if you were in her shoes. That is the best you can do. If she is mad at you, that is on her.
Anna Elliott
[email protected]
i agree be honest and upfront.. if she doesnt like doing nails then she will be ok with it.. tell her you know.. i dont mind doing them all if you would like for me too.. i need the money..lol..
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I was told by a nail tech friend of mine that the client is only your client when she is sitting in your chair. When she leaves your chair she has the freedom to get serviced anywhere. If she wants to get her nails done by you it should also show your boss that formal training is necessary to be successful or the same thing will continue to happen.
Martine M.
SUNFLOWER

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 6
Views: 3,033
08-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Last PostJoyce