You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic business plan time frame?
I want to open my own one woman nail salon sooooo bad. Booth rent is just not cutting it for me anymore. I am way to space limited for what I really want to offer and how I want things to look.
I am getting ready to start a business plan, but want to know what's realistic for time, 3 years, 5 years, I know I cannot be ready in less than one year. I have the most unique idea. I wish I could share, but I am selfish that way and would hate to see my idea in someone else's hands. So any help would be appreciated as far as how long is long enough for planning.
I just want to wish you luck! I know nothing about owning my own business but you are so talented. You will do great!
You are too sweet. Thank you. When I get closer to my dream I will reveal my details, but for now, lips are sealed because I don't want to see my dream via photos from someone else. It's just gonna be so dang fun. That's all I can say. And now that I have a goal to work toward, instead of just paying the bills, it has renewed my desire to work more.
I don't blame you. I would be the same way. It's great that you have a new drive!
I would say just realistically start pricing out materials + labor for whatever you wish to build in, or buy to use in your soon-to-be space; and of course price out what it would cost to carry your products you'll use and/or retail. Then of course seek out space, get an idea for how much it'll cost for you to lease out a space someplace each month. That with a business plan written up will give you the basics on how much "seed money" you'll need to start your venture.

I wish you nothing but the best and good luck in your endeavor and I look forward to pictures. Smile
Peggy, I might recommend 2 different business planning products. One is at http://www.beautytech.com/quickplan the other at http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe/ebooks-...5_182.html

Good luck.. I dont know if I would ever have been happy renting.. I never even worked in a shop. I started in a home based salon and stayed that way for 15 years Smile If I ever had to start doing nails again I would seriously find a way to be a one-woman show unless I could get Diana Bonn or Mindy Boreggo to come live near me then it would be a 2 or 3 tech shop, with even owenership, no contracts needed Smile
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Thank you for the links! I could be a several tech show if I knew any in person that I trusted to be there and be great in all way, like myself of course Big Grin I have been the employee hourly and also commission, nail instructor for a local cosmotology school and renter. I liked instructing the most, because it was rewarding, the school was sold to new owners so now it's not an option, they are not classy enough for me. So after renter for the last 13 of my 18 year career I want something better. Something that speaks me. Now I would do a vampire themed place and gather all the goths, drag queens, and other fun beings into my place, but I am not in the big city. I live where people eat granola, ride their bike everywhere, elec cars are taking over, and green is best. So since I also eat granola and dream of owning a hybrid ( hey it the though that counts right? ) but won't ride a bike that far haha, I will market something totally unique looking to a nail salon, and offer everything I offer now.
That would so be a fun place to come work at occasionally. I'd bring the Goth!

Heck, I'd even wear fangs to work for ya!
lol sounds like Oregon! And your shop sounds like it would be a fun place to go.
"To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I'm working on the foundation."
Marilyn Monroe
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798439789
Sachi, I love that nail color in your profile pic!
Yes Sachi, I agree with Peggy and would love to know what that color is on your nail photo.
Thanks..Carol
i have always had 3 year plans.. because i want to get there and do it..lol..
it is a closer time frame to get real about.
now if you were planning on getting really extremely in debt 5 might be a better number..lol..
you can do it and i wish you all the luck and if i can ever be a help in any way you know how to find me ... Smile
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Kathie you are so sweet. No not big debt. while my place will be unique it will still be small, I want to have room for one or 2 more renters or possibly employees but that's it. The renter would not interfere with my idea as its more aesthetics and retail than anything else. No off the wall services. I think 3 should be a good starting point and I will up it to 5 if I feel I need more time. Now if I win the lotto I will do it now. teehee. And have a staff, while keeping my loyal clients who will understand my frequent trips to Greece and Italy. hahahaha. Oh a girl and her dreams.
and hopefully when you win that lotto you will bring some of your bt buddies with you..lol..
in your bus plan just remember to factor in if you have employees the taxes you will have to be paying on them..i have known a couple that did not plan on that and had no backup account to cover them.. irs is a twit..lol.. but i am sure you know and have thought of all those things.. you are gonna rock when you get there :wink:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
If I win big I will bring all my favorite BT'ers with me to Greece or Italy, heck how about both. And since not everyone is fond of me, I should be able to afford it. Hahahahaha. Big Grin
ahahahahaha.. we luv you baby... :lol:
http://www.cachebeauty.com/wholsale/MSDS...n_tips.pdf

This is a article I found from a Nails Magazine blog.
I realize it's not in your desired time frame, and also includes Stylists,
but if you're in the research stage there are some helpful tips to be found for when the time comes.

Was fun to read through all the details~
~Certified Master Pedicurist~
~Advanced Nail Technician~
That was a great link, thank you!
You're welcome.
I especially liked the New Salon Checklist & Salon Planning Schedule.
Smile
~Certified Master Pedicurist~
~Advanced Nail Technician~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 340
08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Last PostErika_in_Boise