You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidity = Seperation Help!
I live in central Florida. Every year when the humidity rises, the problem begins. The natural nails start seperating from the enhancements on the sides of the free edge. This leads to the enhancements chipping away. Every year, all summer long, I'm rebuilding free edges using forms and product. Removing all of the loose product first, of course.
Last summer when this subject was floating around the boards someone recommended a dehumidifier. I now have one and it does not seem to be helping.
I'm out of my mind with this issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Robin Stopper Renner
Nails by Robin/R.S.Innovations, LLC.
Mount Dora, Florida
http://www.wrist-assist.com
[email protected]
Oil is the only thing that I know of that will help that. I've never heard of humidity causing it, tho and we're pretty humid here. Also I think that some ppl are just more prone to it. I got some whose nails do it all the time, others that it never happens to..... :?
Hi Robin!

I will show you my trick in Orlando it works every time Wink

If I get a chance this week I will take a photo and post for everyone. I am just so swamped before June takes over my life lol. Here in California it is dry so the natural nail pulls away as it dehydrates, especially when people are gardening. The way I do it, it doesn't matter what the season is.

Carla
Tammy Taylor has liquid and powders for humidity- the Summer line.
Always be kind....you get farther.
Carla, I would love to see that too. I'm having issues with it also, but am not going to be in Orlando. So if you get a chance please post.

thanks,
Tina
Thank you all so much for the feedback.
Can't wait to learn your trick Carla! Will you be exhibiting, at the BBQ, staying at the condos?
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]
I will be in Orlando for the Sam Biddle class which will be held at the condos and e will be there from Wed - Fri then I will be judging the nail competitions. I am busy when the BBQ is going on but may try to show up later Smile
Carla: What's the name of the Salon your in there in Tehacapi, my MIL lives there too, maybe I can send her your way.
PLEASE, share the info here as I will not be going to Florida and I am having that issue here in Idaho as well.
Thanks
I will try to get some photos and post, it's kind of hard to explain Smile I am just super busy right now preparing for the classes and shows I have in June.

My salon is called Glamour Salon Smile
Not sure what product you're using but if it's l/p you'll need to adjust your ratio as the humidity increases and work drier.
Wrist-Assist Robin :
> I live in central Florida. Every year when the humidity rises, the problem
> begins. The natural nails start seperating from the enhancements on the sides
> of the free edge. This leads to the enhancements chipping away. Every year,
> all summer long, I'm rebuilding free edges using forms and product. Removing
> all of the loose product first, of course.
> Last summer when this subject was floating around the boards someone recommended
> a dehumidifier. I now have one and it does not seem to be helping.
> I'm out of my mind with this issue. Any help or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

robin it was me complaining about the humidity and i got a dehumidifier but i got one larger than what my room required.. i run it the night before work and it is full when i come in then i run it all day.. i have it across the room from me not next to me... it really did help .. i do and have always adjusted my ratio but sometimes you just need some trick or tip so i am looking forward to what carla has to show ...
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Yes Kathie, it was you! My dehumidifier is very large, but did not come with a manual. I'm not sure what size room it will accomodate. I do have it on the other side of the room and it will fill up in a day. It must hold at least 1 gallon of water. I took your advice and left it on when I left the shop tonight. Hopefully it will help.
Thanks again for all your replies. I had one acrylic and one gel nail of my own seperate and the corners chipped off this weekend. So fustrating. I've told a few clients to start using oil and have started working drier.
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]
what are you prepping the nail with.. i switched to just plain 99alchol.. i do my prep then clean the nail with a swab dipped in the alcohol then i do my primer.. i also switched up on the primer which something helped i am not sure if it was just the dehum. or all of the above... i also keep a towel in my lap and about each 3 nails i wipe my brush out... i know i know someone is gonna get me for that but the sable or haired brushes retain the moisture from the air and the monomer.. i also have gone to pouring out a bit of acrylic into a small dish instead of leaving my powder out on the table open and exposed to the air... call me silly but it was driving me nuts and i just did everything that made sense...
my dehumidifier is from lowes... fridgidaire 25pints.. i had to run it non stop for 3 days when i first got it according to the directions... also watch how cold you keep your room... if your a/c is larger than your room requires it can cause more problems if you are keeping it really cold..ac guy told me that one..lol.. so i now have a fan that ocilates to move the air around better and i can keep my temp normal... good luck keep running it it should help
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
I do my prep exactly like you Kathie. I use one coat of Linkage after wiping the nailplate with 99% alcohol. I wipe my brush out a ton during my application and keep a cover on my powder when not in use. I tend to keep my shop around 74 degrees at it's coldest. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot. You have been there and know how much I'm dreading the repairs this week!
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]
Bump***
An update on my seperation issues.

Jim McConnell of Light Elegance had a great point that I never thought about. It is necessary to cleanse the natural nail plate, as well as the enhancement, prior to any step of an enhancement service. This will eliminate the possibility of oils being spread and left on the nail during prep. I've been using LE cleanser and it seems to be working. I've also been leaving my dehumidifier on overnight and am seeing less seperation.
Robin Stopper Renner
Mount Dora, Florida
[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post