You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who want to work here?
Perhaps I should use the word debate the meaning of the word spa.
To me he word spa don't mean much any more and so is the word studio or because the consume just think of it as just another place. Just try to google hair and nails studio, bet you will find hair studio from 1 to 10, and A to Z nail studio the same can be say about the word spa. I also think that most Asian think that if you have a spa chair then you should call your place a nail spa, but here is some thing profound, most consumer associate the world spa with expensive.
J Pham
No boundaries, just possibility.

http://www.facebook.com/jphamfb
artdesigninc :
> http://www.sohonails-spa.com/gallery

Am I the only one who finds this place extremely tacky and dated? :?

Thatched roof? Fake flowers? Cheap decor. And that fountain...Oh God!

In all honesty, I really don't get the point of this design. It's...a joke. Is there not a single soul around these owners who would utter some sense or at least offer a second opinion????

The salon has a truly good base structure; but the interior design (and I use the word "design" quite loosely here) is ruining everything. Good Lord! I am going to stop before I get upset.

PLEASE, get rid of the cheaply made silk florals. ARGGGH! This is definitively kitschy.
That is my point, J Pham. They should have spent the same amount of time, creativity, and marketing on a name for their business as they did in decorating the shop.
I think the salon is nifty, well cept the "tiki lounge"I would expect quality work to come from an establishment with this presentation. I dont know about working here, I prefer the intimate setting of my current digs, but I would prob stop in here for a set of stained glass edge nails while i sipped my passionfruit tea.

The decor may not be for everyone, but I'm pretty sure twenty and thirty somethings will be getting their nail on here. They look like the kinda shop that would have every new nail trend on lock. I bet $5 that they prob have LCN magnetic polish at every station lol.
Just curious I noticed that the Interior Decorator is Tommy Pham. Any relation?
It's too dark and cluttered. Again, being from this area and Knoxville being a college town and most students hang and shop up in the university area, not that far out west. Even the businesses are not that geared to a younger crowd in that area.......it is loaded with older homes that would be deemed historic. Now a bit farther west, there are some newer subdivisions, but still higher dollar than young professionals can afford. This is not Knoxville- not laid back enough. Oh, they will have business but I don't think it will be overwhelming.
Always be kind....you get farther.
lisad :
> Just curious I noticed that the Interior Decorator is Tommy Pham. Any relation?

No relation, met the owner over the weekend at a show and got his card. He ask me if I could do an in salon training. I'm just wondering what I'm up for if I agreed to do it.
J Pham

artdesigninc :
> lisad :
>> Just curious I noticed that the Interior Decorator is Tommy Pham. Any relation?
>
> No relation, met the owner over the weekend at a show and got his card. He ask me if I could do an in salon training. I'm just wondering what I'm up for if I agreed to do it.

What are you up for? An eager audience who will then be able to do things the right way Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
> What are you up for? An eager audience who will then be able to do things
> the right way Smile

Only if they ask me to do that other wise it just strictly technical, but I will be sure to tell them all my friends 2 cents. I'll tell them that their name should be Soho Nail Lounge.
J Pham

my first impression of the place is waaaay over the top in design. I was expecting a place like that in N.Y. or Ca. Did I read that right, it's in TN.?

Second, I was reading over the list of nail services they offer:

* Pink & White ( non yellowish formula most natural classy and guaranteed )
* Pink & American ( non yellowish formula most natural classy and guaranteed )
Regardless of your ability to speak a lanquage, a business should really make sure the proof reader for the design co. has a good understanding of the syntax of the target lanquage. I don't care how much money you spend on a place, when I see improper sentences and mispelled words in the description, it sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, under, "The Guest, our #1 Priority", I read:
In addition, disposable implements can be sealed and stored for you at the salon for use upon your return, ensuring safety and reducing waste.

Now really, that needs to be fixed!!
artdesigninc :
>> What are you up for? An eager audience who will then be able to do things
>> the right way Smile
>
> Only if they ask me to do that other wise it just strictly technical, but I
> will be sure to tell them all my friends 2 cents. I'll tell them that their
> name should be Soho Nail Lounge.

That sounds better!! Good idea!!