You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is sugaring? I don't know
Please let me know what is sugaring.. My client asked if I wax using sugaring and I have no idea. Thank you very much.
its waxing done with heated sugar with a few other ingredients.. i am posting this link so you can get a better idea and you can purchase from them also
http://alexandriaprofessional.com/
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Kathy,
Do you use sugaring at all and if so do you use the method without strips?
Thanks
aj
i do not but would.. let me explain, i dont want to spend the money right now on the product when my wax is doing just fine. joyce donnell has a daughter in law who does this and a salon in the town next to mine does use this. they charge more for it and say that it hurts less and you dont use any strips.. it is applied with the fingers/hand and you put in on skin and pull and repeat.. i could see where it is more enticing and prob more efficient, i saw them demo it at a show and really would like to do it. but like i said i dont want to spend the money when i dont have the full body clientelle to support it.

but yes it does not use strips
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Thanks Kathy!
aj
Real sugaring is made up of all natural food-grade ingredients like sugar, lemon juice, water and sometimes essential oils.
They will not sell the wax until you take a course with them. I did make the sugar but it got sticky after a few rips, did really like it though. It would be nice to be able to buy it and it be approved then to be brewing your own sugaring paste...lol.It's over 600 for the course and I'd have to travel to take the course. There isn't a need or a call but for me personally I wanted it.
aj
I've used sugar paste for some time -- I really like it and I really like the price. With practice you can do a set of legs with a packet.
BUT(and this is mostly why I recommend against a sugaring class for 600.00) REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY'RE TELLING YOU, SUGARING AND SUGAR PASTE ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE!!
It's ideal for the client who's had a lot of waxing or who's hair is very fine and non-resistant.
I adore that the skin is so clean and fresh after the treatment.
No burns and it's cheap enough that you throw out whatever remains in the packet giving you no cross contamination between clients.
Note -- very important that the skin is dry with no oils or lotions.

Here's an ad on ebay for sugar paste --
It's cheap enough you can play with it and practice on anyone willing to hold still!
If you scroll down on the page you'll get a u-tube demonstration.
And, after you watch it there will be a listing of other tutorials -- the second one is especially helpful.
(Even though the tutorials are in French the technique is really clear.)

http//www.ebay.com/itm/12-Packs-Sugaring-Sugar-Wax-Hair-Removal-100-Natural-/180721623728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a13d922b0

Hope that helps --
Chris Em
I took the sugaring course and have converted many waxing clients over to it. They all love that it does indeed 'hurt' less, no burning, and that it's so quick!
I highly recommend it.
Oh this is a great add on service i may have to try it on myself i really dislike shaving
Mitchele Sheree Hunt
CND Master Painter
http://mitchelesheree.blogspot.com/
Not every Sugaring Product is same. I use Sugaring Paste and work with sugaring ball.
I am able to do Brazilian for the first time with this sugaring paste from http://www.suugaringpaste.com there is video with the green paste (olive oil added), there is listing on EBay and you can buy it from this company for $10 and do Full Body Sugaring with Brazilian included or without Brazilian with 4 Packages ($10) it is enough for 2 person.
(02-25-2012, 03:26 PM)Darkoni Wrote: Not every Sugaring Product is same. I use Sugaring Paste and work with sugaring ball.
I am able to do Brazilian for the first time with this sugaring paste from http://www.suugaringpaste.com there is video with the green paste (olive oil added), there is listing on EBay and you can buy it from this company for $10 and do Full Body Sugaring with Brazilian included or without Brazilian with 4 Packages ($10) it is enough for 2 person.

Hey

Thats a great thanks for sharing info with us.
Both waxing and sugaring are same. Only in sugaring the sugar paste is used which consists of sugar, lemon, water, citric acid and gum arabic. Sugar paste is used instead of wax to remove hair which was used in ancient Egypt. Sugaring is 100% natural rather than waxing and it is applied with the help of gloves.
The opinions about sugaring is polarized between 2 diametrically opposing groups. Some women like it a lot, others say it isn't good for them. I know 1 thing for sure: sugar is cheaper than wax
(12-12-2010, 03:33 AM)tnhb512 Wrote: Please let me know what is sugaring.. My client asked if I wax using sugaring and I have no idea. Thank you very much.

Alexandria are good but I have found http://www.bodysugaringaustralia.com to be better.

Alexandria to me their products had no silicates and when I got them in my salon and was reading the labels two of their products had silicates as one of the main ingredients!

BSA have a better, faster method that wont hurt your hands and do their courses online too!