You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help discouraged
Really discouraged - I just can't keep nails on anyone - acrylic, gel, gel polish. I do all my prep work follow product instructions but still they have lift or pop right off. SIGH...
Ann
there's got to be something you're missing, and sometimes it can also be the application process. Do you have pix of the nails showing the lifting areas? That would be a big help also. Sharp clear pix showing down the barrel, from the top, and the side view.

I'm sure you've been told check your prep more times than you can count, so I'm thinking it might be more than that.

Where the product starts lifting from is a good indicator of the problem, around the cuticle, down the side, one side of the nail more than the other, one hand more than the other, etc. More info, please.....
i've had the same problem from time to time. I'm no expert, but a few other things that I've learned from my BT family:
1. What prep products are you using? do you use line eliminator when blending tips? that can cause lifting. do you use 99% alcohol to clean the nail plate? anything less (like 70%) contains water and i think that can lead to lifting too.
2. check your mix ratio. tendency of beginners is to work too wet, that can lead to lifting.
3. during prep, are you removing the cuticle or just pushing it back?
4. is your product old or contaminated?

Like Donna said, more details may help us to help you. Don't give up!!! We are here for you.
Jeanne - New You Nail Gallery
Detroit, MI

"The MIND, once stretched by the IMAGINATION, never regains its original form"
what grit are you using to deshine the nail bed? i had this told to me recently almost exactly what your saying and she told me she was using a 240 grit file.. not rough enough also primers.. what is your primer and how are you applying.. see there are so many reasons and things that could do it.. makes your head spin.. we are here to help dont fret
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 28
Views: 11,007
12-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Last PostKillereyez83
Replies: 16
Views: 9,290