You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard gel system you prefer?
Hi everyone! I have been a nail tech for 12 years and I have never gotten into gels. I have only tried a few (young nails and brisa). I live in a rural area and any type of education is at least 8 hours away. I would love to offer hard gels as an alternative to acrylics. I just don't know where to start. Help Smile
there's several out there, and it's just a matter of finding one you like. All of the systems have help site's and educators who're willing to help you learn. Some are willing to give free samples, you just need to go on their web sites and ask....after that, check out their how to video's and be prepared to do a lot of practice.

You might list where you're located, someone might be willing to mentor you. Here in TX., we're planning a workshop/networking in Nov., to help techs learn the basics of gel and acrylic. There's a huge need out there for this kind of thing, because for some reason, it's not being taught in the schools....the cost is cheap, $25 plus your accomodations. Nov. 12/13, contact me if you'd like to come!
Thank you for replying! I guess I'm on website information overload. Just wondering what other techs prefer and why. Thanks for the offer to your class. Smile I would love to come but I'm in the U.P of Michigan.
please understand that what I'm about to say isn't being said sarcastically....I truly just want to give info. Gels all pretty much work the same, it's not really the gel, it's the user and the application. The only one really different that I know of is TEN and it's because it has more photo iniators in it to make it cure much faster than conventional gels. It's definitely a line that you need to have education about to make sure you are satisfied with the product.
All of the other gels have less, which means a reduced chance of a heat spike while curing the gel. Proper education will make sure this doesn't happen with ANY line.
Just like acrylic, it's about correct application, not really the gel line. My advice, find a gel line that offers great service to help you with the problems you'll encounter and there will be lots! I do a lot of one on one over the phone and on line to techs who need help with TEN. Try to find a line that will offer that for you and you'll learn a lot faster....I'm self taught and it took me 6 months learn and make a sellable nail going it by myself, and I didn't start with TEN. I've used several different lines of gel, so I can help with others as well if you need it. With help, you can do it in much less time....email me if you want...pick my brain..... Big Grin
Awesome! Big Grin Thank you so much! I will definitely look into getting a sample of TEN and if I have any questions, I would loovvee to pick your brain.
love-and-peace :
> Hi everyone! I have been a nail tech for 12 years and I have never gotten into
> gels. I have only tried a few (young nails and brisa). I live in a rural area
> and any type of education is at least 8 hours away. I would love to offer hard
> gels as an alternative to acrylics. I just don't know where to start. Help
> Smile

Contact us if you would like a sample of our Balance system. We have a lot of online materials that can assist you in application: http://www.nsinails.com/contact-us.html
Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com
Donna has a very valid point here on many levels.
There are many great product lines available today .
Whatever product you choose, KNOW,, there WILL be a learning curve but if you give it time ...You WILL be successful at it.
Also... For the ability to be able to practice and perfect your product application, consider looking into The Nail Trainer Hand on the site of my friend Gina Wallace !
Gina is a World known and highly respected educator/ author/ artist in the nail care industry.
She has a ton of educational opportunities available from her website !
Hope this helps some ! :-)

Http://www.nailtrainerhand.com
Thank you all!
I do have a question, I don't have a UV lamp right now. If I want to try different gel systems would any UV lamp work? It looks like some have 9 watt bulbs some have 6... I have an LED light for gelish, would that work? Any help with the lamp thing would be great! Thanks.
love-and-peace :
> I do have a question, I don't have a UV lamp right now. If I want to try different
> gel systems would any UV lamp work? It looks like some have 9 watt bulbs some
> have 6... I have an LED light for gelish, would that work? Any help with the
> lamp thing would be great! Thanks.

Invest in a high quality UV lamp and you should be fine, although most manufacturers recommend there lamps (for obvious reasons - that is how the product is tested and it ensures the best results). Not all gel systems cure in an LED lamp (our Balance System does not, for example).
Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications
NSI - Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.
http://www.nsinails.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 27
Views: 25,795
05-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Last Postilovenailshops
Replies: 1
Views: 1,541