You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Manicures ?
For those of you who do dry manicures I would love to try them. Can you give me step by step instructions how you do it? Also do your clients think their manicures last longer? If so how much longer?
my basic mani is a dry one.. i push cuticles, buff the nail and shape and add lotion and then i use a cotton swab dipped in nail prep (high alcohol) to remove the oil and debri from the the nail plate and then polish.. does it last longer.. my polish jobs all last two weeks or real close depending on what they go home and do.. it is polish afterall.. but i seal all my polish with a gel sealer for polish.. like seche vite or lcn's or nailites thin gel sealer.. which go into the light. if they want gel polish i do that also
Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
And to add to that, even if I use a sugar scrub or mask, it still only takes a warm damp cloth to clean up and move on to prep.
Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
I use Sche Vete. Is it their regular top coat you use or is it one that will only dry under a light?
I shape and file nails, then have client go wash hands. Then I solar oil cuticles and lotion and hand massage. Next I push cuticles back then clean nailplate and finish file. Bondaid and then base coat,2 coats polish then Seche Vite topcoat and off they go....
oh yes i forgot cuticle oil after polish...lol.. but i use gel cured top sealers only
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
My Basic Manicure Step by Step: $16
1. Wash and sanitize hands. Remove polish.
2. Shorten (if needed) and shape nails.
3. Apply cuticle remover and massage into cuticles. Push cuticles. Nip any "flyers" if needed.
4. Put a dab of antibacterial soap on a scrub brush and use a water bottle to remove cuticle debris. Dry fingers.
5.Apply lotion and massage hands and arms.
6. Clean under nail with a cotton wrapped orangewood stick. Clean nail plates with alcohol on a nail wipe.
7. Apply base coat, 2 coats of color, and top coat. Finish with cuticle oil.
I use Seche Vite Top Coat. I don't do scrub on a basic manicure.
Always be kind....you get farther.
Kathie,
The Seche Vite Gel Top Coat that goes int the light....that is used on top of natural nails with polish? Just checking. That would be great to be able to use a gel top coat over polish on natural nails.
Thanks!
Carol
CJWH :
> Kathie,
> The Seche Vite Gel Top Coat that goes int the light....that is used on top
> of natural nails with polish? Just checking. That would be great to be able
> to use a gel top coat over polish on natural nails.
> Thanks!
> Carol

Thats what I was wanting to know. I thought the gel type top coats were only for enhancements. Such as NSI's Glaze n' Go or OPI Axxium uv top coat
UV enhancement sealers like Glaze n Go are not for nail polish top coating. I tried, against their saying not to, and not only does a heat spike happen you can feel through the polish, but, the manicure shattered, because the top coat bends with the nail, and breaks like a spider web.
Seche Vite and other UV cured top coats are not made of gel, they are UV cured nail polish and are meant to go over natural nail manicures with traditional nail polish uses. But can also be used over SOGP like Eco so quick, or over enhancements.
So UV Cured Tackless sealers are for acrylic and gel nails, UV cured top coat like seche vite are nail polishes. ( they are not cured to the bottom coat, and the nails can still be dinged if the clients hits it, slams it, or digs in purses and pockets.)
I do use Seche Vete top coat. Some of my clients do not go into the uv light (they just prefer not to) Will Seche Vete "set' better if the client goes under the light? Will the manicure last longer?
if your using seche vite uv coat it wont dry without the light
the regular top coat by them is just reg top coat
there are two they make one says uv

why are your clients not wanting to go into a uv light???
I can't wait to do these once I'm out of school! I don't like soaking the hand at all. I have started filing before I soak the hand. Only I don't know if I need to soak it before I file for my state tests.
When I was in school many moons ago- 1992-1993, we were taught to sanitize hands, remove polish, and file before soaking. And that if you filed nails that had been soaked it tended to cause splits. At state board, that is the way it was done. But please follow the directions of your instructor and/ or textbook.
Always be kind....you get farther.
The books says to do the filing before soaking and my instructor said to do it after the soaking. It's a bit confusing at times. LOL!
moonkissed :
> The books says to do the filing before soaking and my instructor said to do
> it after the soaking. It's a bit confusing at times. LOL!

if you file after you soak you get a ratty filed nail..its soft and wont file properly.. but you need to ask her is what is on state board.. that is what you have to pass .. then you can do what you know is right when working

yes
Kathie,
The Seche Vite Gel Top Coat that goes int the light....that is used on top of natural nails with polish? Just checking. That would be great to be able to use a gel top coat over polish on natural nails.
Thanks!
Carol

this one is always in a box at sallys where the reg sv top coat is not.. and the box is labeled uv...luv it
Thanks ever so much!!
I found one in a black and white box that says Seche Ultra-V. Is that the one?
yes it is the one.. now when i use top sealers uv like that ..like sobeit said they can still ding up if they dig in their purse..they still need to wait a bit before doing that but this is my formula and they usually are done at the end depending upon the brand of polish.. in my opinion opi is the longest to dry

base coat.. wait let it tack up.. 1-2 min.. thin coat of polish..i prefer china glaze due to it goes matt when dry.. wait 2 min
next another thin coat of polish and i do 3 min in the uv light.. mine has fans also but most of all it keeps the client occupied so they are not touching stuff waiting 3 min..lol.. they think its drying from the uv light..not..lol
then i do nice thin coat of seche vite uv dry and in the light 3 min

now .. always cap the end of your nails and sides if they are long so you get a good seal with both the polish and the sealer

this lasts 2 weeks for my clients.. but i still tell them to give it 20 min when they leave before they dig in their purse
kailiek :
> yes it is the one.. now when i use top sealers uv like that ..like sobeit said
> they can still ding up if they dig in their purse..they still need to wait
> a bit before doing that but this is my formula and they usually are done at
> the end depending upon the brand of polish.. in my opinion opi is the longest
> to dry
>
> base coat.. wait let it tack up.. 1-2 min.. thin coat of polish..i prefer china
> glaze due to it goes matt when dry.. wait 2 min
> next another thin coat of polish and i do 3 min in the uv light.. mine has
> fans also but most of all it keeps the client occupied so they are not touching
> stuff waiting 3 min..lol.. they think its drying from the uv light..not..lol
> then i do nice thin coat of seche vite uv dry and in the light 3 min
>
> now .. always cap the end of your nails and sides if they are long so you
> get a good seal with both the polish and the sealer
>
> this lasts 2 weeks for my clients.. but i still tell them to give it 20 min
> when they leave before they dig in their purse

Cool, thanks for the instructions. Now you don't find that the polish changes colour in the UV light? I was taught that in School (incorrectly?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 752
03-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Last Postnailgalinaz
Replies: 0
Views: 1,067
10-22-2015, 10:54 AM