You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPI is coming out with new LED cured gel polish bottle
Cosmetic giant Coty bought OPI last year. Cnd is not owned by a parent company.

OPI gel polish colors are about half way down.

http://www.pivotpointcanada.ca/world_new...t_2011.pdf
Wow 30 colors right off the bat....kewl.....but it appears that they are just the Axxium colors....made into a thinner viscosity 'brush on' color??
Yes or No?? Im curious.

I think Im gonna take that class with John this fall.....eek...thats really only about 2 months (not even) away....Yikes !!

Anybody else ever take any of these classes? i get sooo disappointed sometimes.....
Any input would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks !!!! SmileSmile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
anointdhndz :
> Wow 30 colors right off the bat....kewl.....but it appears that they are just
> the Axxium colors....made into a thinner viscosity 'brush on' color??
> Yes or No?? Im curious.
>
> I think Im gonna take that class with John this fall.....eek...thats really
> only about 2 months (not even) away....Yikes !!
>
> Anybody else ever take any of these classes? i get sooo disappointed sometimes.
> ....
> Any input would be MUCH appreciated.
> Thanks !!!! SmileSmile

Which classes?

Looks like I'm going to have to get an LED light...can't wait to try these!
With Coty having bought out OPI and now OPI's regular polish being sold so cheaply in dollar stores, there is no way I'm going to invest in this line. No telling what they will be selling to the public and for how much. Just another Harmony fiasco waiting to happen IMO!!
I fully plan on getting new to me colors, and my clients tried and true. O.P.I is just a household name and people know it. They love it and my clients don't care who retails what. They like the color. They can get it from me, or someone else. It better dang well be me then.
Since my salon had decided to replace my ECO with Axxium (GOd knows why) I was hoping to move to the Gel Color instead. When I called OPI they told me that the World News relase date was a misprint and I shouldn't expect it until 2012. This was a couple of weeks ago.
Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
Ok, Im not being crude here...im sincere when I ask this...but since they were bought out...is that why the colors are sooooo horrible lately?
I dunno about anybody else but since Ive been back in the biz.....these past 2 collections...plus the one soon coming out...What is goin on here????

'Pirates' was a complete flop. The Texas collection was 'ok'...but seems like alot of the colors were too sheer. And the new one coming out...a couple pretty colors...but how many shades of GRAY does one need?

Im just askin..... I was honestly extremely disappointed in this summer/spring from them. And it didnt make anykind of sense until you guys said that.

And..the class...is the one advertised in the mags.....John is hitting the east coast....Pa, Va, NC, and somewhere else...lol
JW if anyone has attended??

thanks. SmileSmile
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
anointdhndz :
> Ok, Im not being crude here...im sincere when I ask this...but since they were
> bought out...is that why the colors are sooooo horrible lately?
> I dunno about anybody else but since Ive been back in the biz.....these past
> 2 collections...plus the one soon coming out...What is goin on here????
>
> 'Pirates' was a complete flop. The Texas collection was 'ok'...but seems like
> alot of the colors were too sheer. And the new one coming out...a couple pretty
> colors...but how many shades of GRAY does one need?
>
> Im just askin..... I was honestly extremely disappointed in this summer/spring
> from them. And it didnt make anykind of sense until you guys said that.
>
> And..the class...is the one advertised in the mags.....John is hitting the
> east coast....Pa, Va, NC, and somewhere else...lol
> JW if anyone has attended??
>
> thanks. SmileSmile

I feel you on that. My clients were NOT impressed with the Texas sorbeits. They werent into the sheer thing. I had to use ridgefilling base. It seems like the mini collections like the "Nice Stems" and the "Ms Universe" have more standouts than the Fall/Spring. Im gonna miss "Come to Poppy" and "Be a DAhlia." Sad I don't think my clents will buy much of this "Gray Across America Collection."
I'm with you on this one Tracy. That is on my list of why I quit using OPI polishes. The colors were crazy and pretty much designed for the young. I thought the Nicole line was for the young, but then they started doing a lot of funky colors in the OPI regular line. Sorry, but my professional working, average women aren't going to wear those types of colors. I think they forgot about working women who are the ones who can afford to get their nails done or who do a lot of the shopping.
I like a lot of the new colors for myself. My clients are not big on funky as is so OPI has the Mauva Java and Dulce de leche color hues for clients who wish to be more mild. If the color line isn't working out, then I politely say, discontinue its use and then there is nothing to be upset or gripe about.
Well Peggy...this is actually what the board is geared for tho.....the ppl from the companies do lurk here and watch for our input when its constructive and doesnt get out of control. Which is what Im trying to say.

Not to 'complain'...but to let them know...as did the others..that the color palettes have truly changed, and Im sure will more than likely effect their bottom line. It has ours. I dont promote or talk about the colors at all. When the..'older, business women'...such as idonls spoke of-- see the colors---and cringe...I direct them to the other wall of Zoya colors, and they are happy again!! Zoya came out with 2 really nice summer collections this year. One matte, one frost. Very beautiful.
So, we personally wont be buying the new collections probably as often anymore. They were always automatic up untill now with my boss. But since I am helping her make decisions now..Im going to let her know its not a smart investment. Our Pirates' colors are just sitting on the shelves here at the salon...and its just not the older women who didnt like them. Its pretty much everyone. And...... if WE dont like them as the professionals who talk them up to our clients.....we arent going to push them ! Period.
So, anyhoo.....just a note to lurkers.....come up w/ some better collections puleeezzzzzz!!!! Confusedhock: :wink: 8)
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I am not saying we should not talk about what colors we wish we had or colors we don't like. But lately the forum is full of negative vibes toward the industry as a whole. Pooh pooh on OPI, pooh pooh on CND, pooh pooh on Gelish, pooh pooh the new relaity show, pooh pooh who gets into the industry shows, and who can buy what, or how much things are selling for. It feels like, Everyone hates this or that. There isn't much love going on. That's why I say, if the colors don't appeal, then it would be silly to buy them. I'm not saying don't be upset. But it's not doing us any good so far.
Ya..i know. But if we can give them constructive feedback, its only going to help everyone in the end. If I start telling my boss that OPI's colors arent selling and arent appealing....and we stop buying them-- thats going to hurt our bottom line becasue WE arent selling retail.
IF--- we speak constructively on here, and the 'ppl' who we need to see our critism 'see' our remarks....it might do something for the future.
Unless, OPI is just soooo big that we just dont matter anymore. I dunno.
I guess that I still have hope with this board..the way it used to work.
The people that used to come on here-- dont really anymore.

They probably still read-- but they dont join in like before. I still see us being on here giving them our feedback-- but to me...it needs to be 2 sided-- as it was before. But thats just me....

It used to be that 'we' mattererd to 'them'.... Ive been in this biz for 12 years, and alot has changed within the past 5 or so. Its just money that counts with people, and what avenues they have to take to achieve the most of it.
People generally dont care about one another anymore, and its truly showing up. But alas......that is another board...at another time.

lets just get back to the matter at hand...and come up with some ROCKIN colors so WE ALL can make sum money !!!! OK???????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I think we all should have the right to voice our opinions, even if it is kvetching. I would hope that it goes to the right "ears" out there.

You know, as hard as it is to say, if my clients want a certain Product, I'm going to have to give it to them (polish etc.) it's just good Business...or they'll go someplace else to get them and that means no Business for me, now, or in the Future. Smile
Need to clarify something.......I don't sit there and bad mouth a product line to my clients. If they don't have colors that I feel the ladies will like I simply switch to another company and tell them all the great things about that line. As long as it wears as good as OPI did and has great color selections they don't really care what brand.
If ya can't "pooh, pooh" once in a while or express a less than glowing industry opinion on the BT board...then where can ya? Maybe the good is the venting so that we DON'T reach out and drown a client in the pedi bowl!
So I'm not allowed to voice an opinion that this forum has turned so negative lately without having to defend why, but ya'll can express dislike in every thread, even those meant to be light. That kinda sucks, that its a one way deal. Let me say what I want while you all say what you want. I never told any of you to stop. I only said the whole forum has a crappy vibe lately. Whatever.
mysweetjordan :
> If ya can't "pooh, pooh" once in a while or express a less than glowing industry
> opinion on the BT board...then where can ya? Maybe the good is the venting
> so that we DON'T reach out and drown a client in the pedi bowl!

**Amen!
OH MY GOODNESS jordan........drowing in the pedi bowls....... WOW... that is classic.

Now if we ever hear across the Nation of a death by pedicure-- We know WHERE to look !!!! hahahahahahaha

And, yes...I know about not talking down to a client. Because that opens the doors to questions galore.

Im just with the others on this about directing them to another product line. However...everyone LOVES OPI ....so Im just going to get a collection together of the 'classics' there at the salon, and go from there. We probably wont set up the new collections at 'automatic' anymore....but will selective on what to chose.

What do ya'll think about china glaze? My boss seems to think that 'its runny'...and chips really easy.... but they have some FUN colors !! Anyone else think so??? Im curious...

thanks everybody..... i sure do wish that it was like it was a few years back...it was kewl to bang heads w/ the big guys...lol :wink:
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I love CG, it's my favorite as far as color collections... but yes, it is runny in the application and chips just like that BUT the easiest to apply. Smile

However, I'd love to try Tammy Taylor's Miracle Manicure with CG and see if it would help it hold up.

That being said, for me personally, the first place Winner of no-chip land is Essie.....but back to OPI: Yeah, the Place that just hired me uses the Axxium and will be using the SOGP too and uses both Essie and OPI polishes so...I'mma stuck, I have to 'make it work' whether I agree with what's going on with the Brand or not. :/
We have a few Essie and a few Zoya colors, but we mostly use OPI and China Glaze. I think China Glaze has fabulous colors and I haven't noticed them chipping any faster than the other polishes we use. In fact, our clients comment on how long our polish lasts, but perhaps they were used to going to some of the NSS salons that thin their polish like there's no tomorrow - so anything would be an improvement! LOL
Peggy, I don't think anyone said you can't voice your opinion on here. However, when the opinion takes on an expression of people being negative and tellng them so that can be taken as a personal attack. I'm not taking it that way, but some may. And please don't get upset with me telling you that, it's just an observation. Maybe people are just not as positive because of how things are going across the country with the economy, politics, jobs, etc. And now, we have to deal with companies throwing us to the curb.

Tracy - I love China Glaze. I haven't noticed it being too runny, maybe more so than OPI, but that isn't necessarily bad. At least I can use more than half of the bottle before it gets a little thick. A lot of my clients were die hard OPI people and were hesitant with CG being as good. I haven't had one person say they wanted me to go back to using OPI. Haven't noticed any more chipping with CG than with OPI and on nail enhancements it's just as good there too. And I LOVE the price of it, that's for sure.
I can't wait for OPI's 'gel colour' to come out. People love OPI! I have clients that stockpiled certain colours before they came to me. And a whole whack of them are the classics in the first line of colours coming out! Woot woot! lol I don't know if it's because I've used them for years but I am excited to get some of these classic colours in a gel polish or whatever it's being called lol I can't tell you how many people keep on wearing 'I'm not really a waitress' or 'Lincoln park after dark' , 'you don't know jaques' over and over and over again. I'm dying for Funny Bunny too.

I, personally like their new collection for Fall/Winter. Greige is freaking popular! Neutrals with an edge are all kinda trendy right now. Those deep colours are pretty gorgeous looking but then I have a lot of clients who love those colours Wink Gotta see em' in person before I make a difinitive decision on that one though.
Quote:idonls :
> Peggy, I don't think anyone said you can't voice your opinion on here. However,
> when the opinion takes on an expression of people being negative and tellng
> them so that can be taken as a personal attack. I'm not taking it that way,
> but some may. And please don't get upset with me telling you that, it's just
> an observation. Maybe people are just not as positive because of how things
> are going across the country with the economy, politics, jobs, etc. And now,
> we have to deal with companies throwing us to the curb.
>

My point exactly. They dont mind telling me I am being negative, or combative or whatever the heck they think they should say. But if I do it. And mind you I say it much more polite. I get told that I should shut it if I dont like it. This one way street is pretty cramped.
And its unfortunate that this thread that started out with some of us being excited about a launch turned sour, and anti-OPI somehow. That's what I am talking about. '

PS I use china glaze all the time with Zoya anchor and Out the door, I get great wear and in my experience I don't see chipping any sooner than any other color. Zoya has some colors that are fairly thin in the bottle and then some like the new nudes "pandora, shay and another" that are really thick to apply. Those bubble easy for me.
I love OPI, and while I don't use their acrylic system, I do love their nail products. So do my clients. I'm glad it will be LED. I have one from Young Nails and I don't use it as much as I should. I'll totally be getting this, along with some Young Nails gels.
Nails by Janeen
Albany, KY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,133
03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 4