You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pedicure Throne opinions & comments...
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
 (Print Post)
Pedicure Throne opinions & comments...
I'm planning on buying a new pedicure throne. I'm interested in a European Touch. The specific one is called the Rinato Spa. Can anyone tell me if you have had a European Touch and your thoughts and opinions on your purchase.

Or tell me what you do have and how you like or dislike it.

Thanks for all your input!

Appreciate it much!

Sherri
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
 (Print Post)

On the up side: it's cute, easy to clean, and I love the foot pedals. On the down side: the switch breaks like every six months, IMHO it's waaay overpriced, and it doesn't slide forward enough for shorter clients.

Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
09-28-2011, 12:45 AM
 (Print Post)

My experience with European Touch is not a good one. We had 4 of the Murano chairs and they were constantly breaking down. Because they were electronically controlled, we had to have a service man come out to repair them, so whichever chair was broken, couldn't be used until we got someone out there to fix it.

They were beautiful chairs and I loved the fact that you could raise or lower the foot basin, you could control the temperature with the touch of a button, move the client forward or back electronically.....all were wonderful things, but because they broke down so frequently, I would never have another one. Just my experience.
09-28-2011, 06:56 AM
 (Print Post)

Another option for you to consider would be a unit like you can find on this website - http://www.saloninteriors.com.

If you go to their "custom pedicure chair" area on the site it shows a bench unit with a stainless steel sink with no whirlpool jets. This is the unit we use, very easy to clean and no breaking down of any parts, no freestanding bowl wobbling around on the floor. This is a very sturdy setup with plumbing for ease of filling and draining.

We have asked around extensively, and although "waterless pedicures" are a good idea from many aspects, the plain and simple truth is that people love to soak their feet. It is part of the relaxing aspect of getting a pedicure that people really seem to enjoy. We spent over $5,000.00 for special electric recliner chairs to do waterless pedicures and people pick the sink every time. We have two very high end electric spa beds that people can have tandem waterless pedis at the same time in a private room. No one has yet to book this service. But we get phone call after phone call for our regular pedis in the sink.

Surprisingly, most people don't complain about this type of setup not having a massage feature or whirlpool jets. They seem happy to just be able to soak. Also very important is that a person of just about any size can fit on this pedi bench without embarrassment or discomfort.

We are very sanitation conscious, and these units seem to be a good compromise between the soaking feature clients like and being able to control how clean we maintain the pedi area - and ease of use.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
 (Print Post)

Have you considered getting a Footsie Bath or going waterless for your pedicures?
09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
 (Print Post)

propeditech :
> >
> We have asked around extensively, and although "waterless pedicures" are a
> good idea from many aspects, the plain and simple truth is that people love
> to soak their feet. It is part of the relaxing aspect of getting a pedicure
> that people really seem to enjoy. We spent over $5,000.00 for special electric
> recliner chairs to do waterless pedicures and people pick the sink every time.
>

It's funny how different people in different areas can be so....well.....different! I have but 2 clients left that still get soak pedis as all others have switch to waterless and they only thing any of my clients are concerned about is the massage--not the soak.

Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
 (Print Post)

i like the human touch ones..especially the one with glass pedi bowl.. massage is totally awesome.. hold up well and they fit all size peeps.. you have to watch that with some .especially european touch.. not all short peeps fit down the jets without leaning up from the chair.. just something to think about

Kathie Kirkpatrick get a grip on reality and choke it to death
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time to raise the rent! Opinions please. nailjunky 4 1,170 02-06-2014 08:25 AM
Last Post: Pensad
  pedicure spa chair vs pedicure sink tsita78 10 3,414 07-23-2013 05:35 PM
Last Post: tsita78
  Great Space, not so great location. Your comments appreciated. Tashawna 8 1,828 02-27-2013 09:21 PM
Last Post: Tashawna
  Opinions Please: Gloves in the Salon beautywriter 3 898 12-28-2012 06:29 PM
Last Post: beautywriter
  any recommendations for a new pedi throne? Dexter64 1 757 10-27-2012 07:01 AM
Last Post: sillysoup
  Orly's Bonder-any comments?? Wrist-Assist Robin 5 1,491 09-30-2012 08:18 AM
Last Post: katml
  Share your stories and opinions! mpratt 0 640 05-10-2012 06:42 AM
Last Post: mpratt
  your opinions wanted! mpratt 0 682 04-12-2012 08:33 AM
Last Post: mpratt
  choosing a pedicure throne tracynailpro 0 642 02-14-2012 05:57 PM