You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really?? Shellacs' New colors.....
I mean...am I the only one disappointed in this?

Another sparkle.....soft white....french manicure pink.....
an ugly blue.....and 2 other colors??? TEAL ????? ....who wears teal? --
Not my business women thats for sure!

What in the world are they thinkin??
http://www.cnd.com/News-Events/Press-Rel...s_2011.pdf

Im seriously gonna be lookin for another line, because this is just plain
absurd. My clients are going to be so disappointed...and I am too!
What a let down.

We need REAL colors CND...come on!!! We are your bread n butter....give us some better, valid choices.....My clients are bankers, attorneys,......real women. Im really really shocked people. Really shocked. Confusedhock:
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
They were odd choices indeed.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
Will definitely have to agree with this one!! CND left us hanging. I've already got clients asking me about new colors. Might have to mix up my own this time.
I'm really glad they have a soft white for natural manicures but the other colors....you are totally right. What were they thinking?
Anna Elliott
[email protected]
CND -- here's the a new idea for you, how about asking the techs who use the product what colors they'd like to see??
totally agree!!!! BIG let down with the new colors. not looking forward to showing my clients the new colors - that's for sure!!!!!
they've waited all this time - ...... sooooooooooo disappointing!!!!!
just smile and say 'thank you'
-Deanna-
Agree. These are colors we can make from layering. I wish they would add a silver. That's what my clients are asking for. I usually tell my rep to automatically send me the new colors but I want to see them first. I want to fade out some of the colors I don't use. Like clearly pink. That was like clearly wtF were they thinking lol. They should send a poll out with 25 colors on it and let us vote!
tania1980 :
> Agree. These are colors we can make from layering. I wish they would add a
> silver. That's what my clients are asking for. I usually tell my rep to automatically
> send me the new colors but I want to see them first. I want to fade out some
> of the colors I don't use. Like clearly pink. That was like clearly HUH??? were
> they thinking lol. They should send a poll out with 25 colors on it and let
> us vote!

The clearly pink is great for an American Manicure look. Glad to see they are coming out with the white to go with it. Been using Gelish and I don't like it as well.
Quote:and 2 other colors??? TEAL ????? ....who wears teal? --

LMAO anointdhndz so true! Maybe ONE person a month!? That bottle wont even pay for itself.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Jennifer
Acrylic & Gel Tech Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I know you guys---right???

My clients keep asking me, and I keep telling them -- 'a couple more months...a couple more months'... and I really HATE to be like this on this board, because I do know who is on here and who lurks here.

But....WHY??? You guys have truly hit on something special here CND...why do this to us?
(Maybe some of you dont realize this...but the big wigs have peeps here, and will get this feedback promptly.)

And this isnt a pouting whine like the Gellish business thats going on....its clearly a TRUE disappointed letdown cry. For once in my life I honestly BELIEVE in something that the professional Nail Industry has come out with. Shellac is INCREDIBLE !!! FABULOUS !!!!! But TEal? Navy? ..more french manicure colors?? Why not an incredible coral/orange to go along w/ Tropix? Or an outstanding Pink/Red to compliment TuttiFrutti or Hollywood???
( I tried to match up the colors of the font...but they didnt have any pinks...lol )

All I can say is------- HUUUUUUHHHHHHH???????????????????? :oops: :x :evil: :twisted: :?: :!: :arrow: Confusedhock: :o Sad :cry:

Now...my boss is gonna be like...."Well lets just get the OPI line now"... (she was allready commenting about it n showing me the literature on it) --and I really LOVED/LOVE Shellac and honestly dont wanna line OPI's pockets anymore.

(can u hear the crying in my words???) booooo hoooooo hooooooooo :cry:
I really, really am so very very sad...............
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
I don't use Shellac (yet) bit I will admit, I watch what's going on about it, very closely and I too was excited to hear about the new colors........until I saw them.
Yep! I totally agree, what a let downSad

Yes, I know CND say you can make a zillion different colors by layering but honestly, I would prefer to have a great color in the ONE bottle instead of having to always use 2 different (maybe more) colors to make something different.
It would be good to get a good base color range of many many different colors and then after that do the layering thing.

That teal/greeny new color is just yuck!!!!
Luckily it's a rare occasion that CND let their techs down like this but they obviously believe they have done the right thing.
I think they are maybe listening to the fashion designers thoughts about what they think will be the next big color V's listening to their clients (the techs) of what colors they want to see and use.

BTW, I am planning on converting over to CND shortly and this is why I watch the CND space so close.
I just got back into the business after many years and I changed my whole product line. I am using Young Nails and I love it. I have just started working with the gel polishes and I used Shellac once and was a little disappointed.

That pretty much made my decision for me. I will try the ManiQ which was given great reviews by some of the girls in the salon and then will stick with Young Nails. I haven't gotten all their polish yet, but have my order done.

Now I just need to grow my business to pay for all this stuff! LOL

Angela Big Grin
Angela
Angel
I am not exactly line loyal, I have come up with the combo of base and top that I love with my 5 shellac colors, 10 polish pro colors and 30 Eco colors. So for someone like me, I will just pick and choose the colors I want to add to my UV Polish service. I like the teal and the dark gray looking one so I will probably add those to the box. For those who choose to or are stuck via job with just Shellac I feel your frustration. I live CND's traditional polish and at the very least they could have released their most popular colors in shellac formula.
I for one like the looks of the teal, but I've got clients who will love wearing it. I also love the Moonlight and Roses, because it's so pretty by itself, but also I think will be a good layering color like Iced Coral is. I HOPE the sparkly one actually has sparkles in it this time, and is not the disappointment that was "Mother of Pearl." That one just takes up space in my polish drawer. What I'd really like to see is "Love Sick." It's one of the prettiest pinks I've ever seen, slightly coral-y but not quite, with a shimmer rather than a pearl, which I love. I know almost all my clients would wear that one.

All in all, the six new colors are okay by me. At least by looking at the color swatches. You KNOW they're not going to look like that in real life. I just hope what they DO look like is pretty!
Elyse in WA
http://www.elysiumnailstudio.com
The Nail Princess is in.
Oh thats so disappointing to hear. Where did you see these new colors? With all the new lines Im definatly looking for better colors than CND offers.
Jennie....did you click on the link in my original post?? ....lol

Thats where the colors are shown.

I still say that the 'layering' idea is a cop out for CND. I dont understand
why they have chosen this route-- to have such a wonderful new product that really does what it claims... but then limits productivity which enables the professional to search elsewhere for more choices.
I dont understand it. But, I will do what it takes to make my clients happy, and that means to venture outside of CND world and Shellac.

Maybe would someone from the company-- please give us some understanding to why they are handling the launch this way? I dont get it.
When you do a search for CND....it introduces them as 'leaders'....but they arent leading. They are lagging...and I for one am disappointed.

Im sorry. Im done now....its just hard when you are trying to make money with something that your clients are trusting you with....and then you have to try to explain 'why' the company that you have put faith in, doesnt deliver what you in fact are depending on for them????
Make sense??
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Tracy, have you tried layering the colors? There are some really awesome combinations that you get from doing this. My clients like seeing a new color take shape before their eyes.

I am with you on this new collection not being very appealing. But it is our approach to our clients that makes or breaks how they feel about it. I'm not going to talk it down, but come up with other combinations for them. It actually makes me look good in their eyes that I have the creativity to see a color in my mind and make it happen. Better I look good in their eyes then a multi million dollar company, right?

The other way of looking at this is just like any other polish collection that comes up. Not everyone is going to like all the colors they come up with. I feel I am saving money by not have to buy a different bottle of color when I can make a new color by using the colors I already have.

It's all in your perception. Can make something good out of something you don't like, or not. It's your choice. I know you have been striving to be more positive so just thought I'd point out some positive things to look at about this situation. HTH!! :wink:
Cheryl....I know girl..and I hear ya.

I am a very positive person...always looking on the bright side of things.
I will try to layer them..even though Im complaining about it the whole way.
I just ordered the little 'paint shaker' that Holly showed us. So, Im excited about that.

And, yes...my clients will believe and trust whatever I tell them. So, if layering Shellac is the BEST way to go.....thats what we will do!
I called it on our Facebook page...their own 'signature' color.

But I dont like the idea still. I would much rather have ONE bottle to work with....I did buy color wheels to start showing the layered colors last week.
You know how spoiled we are as nail tech's....we ALWAYS get what we want. Thats why there are like a zillion products out there for us, and we all have at least 1 of everything....LOL :wink:

Someone called us 'snobs'......I shutter at the thought.... now pass me my silver spoon and shut up! :lol:
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Personally I think it was a much needed addition, especially for pedi season. Now for some folks, all year is pedi season, but in areas where it snows this is the time of year to break free and have some fun with the toes!

And really it was about time they came out with some funk. Moonlight & Roses has been one of their more popular colors, that's why it has been on the market for at least 15 years...so in essence with that color they are listening to the demand.

We have become very spoiled with the multitude of polish shades we have had to choose from. Now let me get my cane and granny glasses here Wink back in the day, we used to have to do a lot of layering. But that was part of the art, and also gave us colors that set us apart from the person down the street. I'd practically clap like a seal whenever a color came out that was similar to what they're coining as an effects polish.

These may not be YOUR colors, but they may be someone else's. Companies definitely respond much better to positive feedback. Not positive as in fluffy, "oh how I live thee", but positive as in not negative and being constructive and well written.
If anyone out there has these colors please try layering Hotski to Tchotchke and Moonlight & Roses, and then try Hotski with Studio White...maybe even all three. Somewhere in there is OPI's Mermaid's Tears, I can see it in the palette. And while I would not be caught dead with that color, I have seen people who never venture far from pinks and reds wearing this, turning out to be very popular. Please share pics Smile
Oh and Purple Purple with Moonlight & Roses...anything close to Planks a Lot?
Personally I would have liked to have seen some of the Color (of Color & Effects) make it into the Shellac lineup. I've bought a few of the neutrals in this line and love them, and so do my (very few) regular polish clients. I would like to see some neutrals in gel polish, not the same colors in every brand. I purchased a few neutrals in Artistic Gloss but I would rather stick with a brand like Shellac.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
I wish their bottles where bigger, little product & big price. Totally sucks I quit using it & started using INK & Harmony... =]
Quote:Jennie....did you click on the link in my original post?? ....lol

Whoops, That would be my haircolor processing overload. Thank you for pointing that out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,344
05-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Last Posteleonora
Replies: 2
Views: 1,520
01-22-2014, 10:16 PM