You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day       
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
gel fx from orly
10-24-2011, 05:31 AM
 (Print Post)
gel fx from orly
have you tried this product yet and if so what are your opinions compared to other similar products?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
 (Print Post)

none of you have ever tried it??
10-24-2011, 10:40 PM
 (Print Post)

No, I haven't, sorry! Pretty much a Shellac person.
10-25-2011, 10:42 AM
 (Print Post)

I have only used it so far in making sample tips, so I can only tell you that it applies nicely -- a few of the darker shades took 3 thin coats, but I find that to be true with most lines of gel polish that I have tried. The bottles are a little taller and I'm finding they fall over easily in my storage tray...I hope that will not be the case when I'm using them on my table! Otherwise, I am just waiting for someone to pick one of their colors so I can see how it wears!

Kristi

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profil...ef=profile

"Winners never quit and quitters never win"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
 (Print Post)

im tempted to try it but i want first to find out if it worths it.i think it looks like a soak off gel and not like shellac am i right?
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
 (Print Post)

It's definitely a soak-off gel, not Shellac. When I got this at the show I was told by the Orly reps that since they were later in getting into the gel polish market they did some polling to see what nail techs liked and didn't like about the new gel polishes and with the feedback they received, they added vitamins to their formula for care of the natural nail. I have no knowledge of whether a vitamin additive would have any benefits or not -- but that was part of their sales pitch at the show Big Grin I will try to find a guinea pig for one of their colors as soon as I can and post my results!

Kristi

10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
 (Print Post)

thank you kristi for your help! Smile i hope to have others share their experience with it Smile.
10-25-2011, 08:22 PM
 (Print Post)

I am a guinea pig lol! I have been wearing grape noir for a month now and I love it! I have been using the line on clients and it is truly a great product as are all their natural nail care products.

One of the cool things about their colors is that they have a regular polish to match every one so if a client doesn't want gel on their toes or just needs a bottle for touch ups they can buy a matching color. I do have to say that no one has needed a touch up though. My clients return every 2 - 3 weeks.

This has been a great line to add to my Gelish line. My clients are very happy and so am I.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about it, I have all the colors.

Carla
10-26-2011, 04:25 AM
 (Print Post)

nice to know all these! Smile i have a question.how long do you cure its coat with a 9 watt lamp?could you share with us the steps you follow?thanks again for the reply!
02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
 (Print Post)
Smile RE: Orly gel fx removal
Hello,
How easy is it to remove? How long does it take? Do you have to file it first? I heard it was more watery than shellac and you have to apply more coats. Is that so? I'm a nail tech looking for a line to bring to my salon. Thanks

I am a guinea pig lol! I have been wearing grape noir for a month now and I love it! I have been using the line on clients and it is truly a great product as are all their natural nail care products.

One of the cool things about their colors is that they have a regular polish to match every one so if a client doesn't want gel on their toes or just needs a bottle for touch ups they can buy a matching color. I do have to say that no one has needed a touch up though. My clients return every 2 - 3 weeks.

This has been a great line to add to my Gelish line. My clients are very happy and so am I.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about it, I have all the colors.

Carla
[/quote]
02-26-2012, 12:34 PM
 (Print Post)
RE: gel fx from orly
hi all well i am getting fine so far with the orly fx and i love the colours its great to to see the colour band on the bottle too very true to the colour inside the pot i have been warering pixi trix for two weeks now , the only thing is i use to using gelish and that lasts 36months and the orly fx is only 12 months and you see im not very busy yet so i hope i get use from them befor they go off but i need to change cause i needed more colours but good luck to you all because the orly is great tgc
02-26-2012, 03:27 PM
 (Print Post)
RE:
What is the difference between a soak off gel and shellac? Isn't shellac just a gel polish that you soak off? Blush

(10-25-2011 04:36 PM)kristibell Wrote:  It's definitely a soak-off gel, not Shellac. When I got this at the show I was told by the Orly reps that since they were later in getting into the gel polish market they did some polling to see what nail techs liked and didn't like about the new gel polishes and with the feedback they received, they added vitamins to their formula for care of the natural nail. I have no knowledge of whether a vitamin additive would have any benefits or not -- but that was part of their sales pitch at the show Big Grin I will try to find a guinea pig for one of their colors as soon as I can and post my results!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellies-na...4068300346
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
 (Print Post)
RE:
moonkissed: CND markets Shellac as a "hybrid polish", and it is formulated with part gel components and part polish components. CND does NOT call Shellac a gel polish, so I personally don't refer to it as such, and just refer to it as Shellac because I believe it's in a league of its own, and I'm sure CND has marketed it this way intentionally.

I don't know what percentage of gel vs. polish components the other soak-off gels on the market contain, and I believe many of them state that they are 100% gel, but I, myself, call my other lines a soak-off gel polish and Shellac, "Shellac"!

I'm certainly no authority, and don't mean to try to come across as one, but just explaining why I differentiate in what I call one vs. the other. Hope this makes sense!! Smile

(02-26-2012 03:27 PM)moonkissed Wrote:  What is the difference between a soak off gel and shellac? Isn't shellac just a gel polish that you soak off? Blush

(10-25-2011 04:36 PM)kristibell Wrote:  It's definitely a soak-off gel, not Shellac. When I got this at the show I was told by the Orly reps that since they were later in getting into the gel polish market they did some polling to see what nail techs liked and didn't like about the new gel polishes and with the feedback they received, they added vitamins to their formula for care of the natural nail. I have no knowledge of whether a vitamin additive would have any benefits or not -- but that was part of their sales pitch at the show Big Grin I will try to find a guinea pig for one of their colors as soon as I can and post my results!

Kristi

02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
 (Print Post)
Thank you Kristi! That made perfect sense to me. I'm soaking up all the info I can. I'm a new nail tech and I'm trying to learn it all. Thank you again!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kellies-na...4068300346
02-28-2012, 08:21 PM
 (Print Post)
Only launched the new consumer gel polishes today in Stockholm, according to a blog I read. Their PR company website states Sweden and Canada are the first countries to get the product. Two chain stores here will start to sell in April. The kit costs 795 Swedish Krona and the LED lamp is 295. Bear in mind products are much more expensive here because small population and 25% sales tax.

Iryna Giblett Nail Products Inc., Sweden
http://www.irynagiblett.com
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
 (Print Post)
has any of you tried to use shellac base and top with orly gel fx colours? if so what is your experience?
05-24-2012, 09:31 PM
 (Print Post)
Ro ro - where did you hear that Gelish lasts 36 months? I'm wondering if that came from the company? I have about 4 or 5 colors I purchased just 12 months ago and the colors have completely changed, which meant I had to throw them out as my clients were complaining. I'd love it if it really did last that long, but from my experience I'm only getting 12 months use out of them.
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
 (Print Post)
Gel polishes are soakable pigmented gels. Unlike hybrid polishes they generally do not contain solvents. Solvents are polish additives that keep the prouct thin and workable due to the fact that polish evaporates and would thicken and dry out.

Gel polishes do not dry out or evaporate at all. They "cure" or polymerize only when they are exposed to a uv light source.

Crazy in l Heart ve with Cuccio!
05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
 (Print Post)
(05-24-2012 09:31 PM)Sherrie90630 Wrote:  Ro ro - where did you hear that Gelish lasts 36 months? I'm wondering if that came from the company? I have about 4 or 5 colors I purchased just 12 months ago and the colors have completely changed, which meant I had to throw them out as my clients were complaining. I'd love it if it really did last that long, but from my experience I'm only getting 12 months use out of them.

I bought some Gelish at the show in Florida last year, 12 months ago, and it is still fine. Do you have yours stored in the bright light?

Rose
brome2002@aol.com
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
 (Print Post)
has anyone tried what i mentioned above about orly?
06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
 (Print Post)
so many days and no reply..hmm..i thought that you might have tried this combo..
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WIN ORLY's BAKED Collection @ clickTHIS...winSTUFF... BeautyTech.com 1 405 06-23-2014 10:05 AM
Last Post: BeautyTech.com
  Orly Gel Fx jencon13 0 405 08-22-2013 06:05 PM
Last Post: jencon13
  Orly's Bonder-any comments?? Wrist-Assist Robin 5 1,528 09-30-2012 08:18 AM
Last Post: katml
Shocked orly gel fx ro ro 1 885 08-07-2012 07:22 PM
Last Post: moonkissed
  orly fx gel with gelish ro ro 4 2,652 05-24-2012 05:39 PM
Last Post: tsita78
  orly fx ro ro 2 1,664 02-20-2012 08:56 AM
Last Post: ro ro