You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
BeautyTech.com

BeautyTech Main PageBeautyTech Main Page        BeautyTech ForumsBeautyTech Forums        Beautytech ShoppeBeautyTech Shoppe        CalendarVisit Nailtech.com        Like us on Facebook        Follow us on Twitter        Find us on Pinterest        View our videos on YouTube       
click THIS... win STUFF...click THIS... win STUFF...        SponsorsSponsors        NT Mailing List SponsorsNT Mailing List Sponsors        SearchFREE Salon Locator Listing        LINDLI Network Day        Orlando SocialOrlando Network Social
FAQFAQ        ContactContact        SearchShoppe Search        SearchForum Search        Make Homepage

BeautyTech Dedicated to Educate and Decorate BeautyTech Home

BeautyTech Sponsors SPONSORS
BeautyTech Sponsors NT Mailing List Sponsors

CONTESTS
BeautyTech click THIS... win STUFF... click THIS/win STUFF
BeautyTech Strut Your STUFF Competition Strut Your Stuff

SHOPPING
BeautyTech Shoppe BeautyTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Swap & Shop
BeautyTech Shoppe Salon Posters
BeautyTech Shoppe Milady Publications
BeautyTech Shoppe NailTech Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Empower NailArt
BeautyTech Shoppe EZ Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Odyssey Shoppe
BeautyTech Shoppe Valentino Air Filter
BeautyTech Shoppe Star Nail International
BeautyTech Shoppe Cuccio Naturale
BeautyTech Shoppe Cinapro Nail Art
BeautyTech Shoppe HairCentral

NETWORK
NailTech Connect @ BeautyTech Forums NailTech Connect
BeautyTech Forums Message Boards
NailTech Mailing list @ Google Groups Mailing List
BeautyTech Network Events Network Events

TOOLS
BeautyTech Search Shoppe Shoppe Search
BeautyTech Search Forum Forum Search
Search Business Builders
BeautyTech Professional Licensing Links Licensing Info
BeautyTech Calendar Calendar
BeautyTech.INFO FREE Salon Listing FREE Salon Listing
BeautyTech Photo Gallery Photo Gallery

EVERYTHING ELSE
Advertise @ BeautyTech Advertise
BeautyTech Contact Contact Us
BeautyTech Privacy Policy Privacy Policy

STAY INFORMED

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED AD

NailTech.com - Star Nail International, Odyddey Nail, HairCentral, Empower Nail Art

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
gelish
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
 (Print Post)
gelish
I have a few clients who used this successfully 2-3 times and now it will not stay on them....anyone have this trouble and any idea why?? Do you guys think I should be using a LED light for this service would it work better...whats your thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2011, 11:40 AM
 (Print Post)

Was it successful during the transition time after removing enhancments and now that they are back to all new growth it is not adhering properly? It may be that they need a thorough removal of the cuticle over the entire nail plate and a really good dehydration of the nat nail before application. Then remind them the daily oil is key.

Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
07-21-2011, 08:44 AM
 (Print Post)

One yes and one no. Do you use the led light....does it make a difference?
07-21-2011, 08:49 AM
 (Print Post)

No I do not use LED because I am just not fast enough to make it worth it. I generally don't have anyone that just gets plain solid color nails. So it generally takes a little longer to get 5 nails ready to go into the light.

Claudia
C-C My Nails
Newcastle, WY
07-21-2011, 09:59 AM
 (Print Post)

Are they picking them off or are they just popping off? What are your prep steps and how old are your uv lights?
08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
 (Print Post)

My suggestion if you are transitioning an acrylic or gel client to any of the Soak Off UV Gel Polishes would be to use a hard or soak off gel as your base. If you are using eco So Quick I can absolutely recommend 2-3 coats of base, VERY thin. This will give their nail plates just a little added strength while they switch over. It will prevent bending and cracking - NOT eliminate, but help prevent it.

Lorraine, webgirl
http://www.ManicuresThatLast.com
eco Soak Off UV Gel Polish No Solvents, Double the Size - Same Price!
Cinapro Nail Creations - New Art Kits!
http://www.ScentualSpaProducts.com
Cuccio Natural - Enhance the Spa Experience
Free Shipping on all orders over $75
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
 (Print Post)
gella
i have used the product called GELLA its a pure gel system and it awsome
08-22-2011, 01:08 AM
 (Print Post)

^*Looks up*^

Ladies, forgive me, I feel a Cold coming on....

:koffkoffshillkoffkoff:: 8)
08-22-2011, 09:07 AM
 (Print Post)
Re: gelish
bbsparkles :
> I have a few clients who used this successfully 2-3 times and now it will not
> stay on them....anyone have this trouble and any idea why?? Do you guys think
> I should be using a LED light for this service would it work better...whats
> your thoughts?

First of all, I can say that yes, the LED light produces a harder cure than UV. So if you can afford it, it is well worth it. But you absolutely can have success with the system without investing in an LED light if you're not ready for that.

I would take a look at your removal procedure. If you damage your clients nail through improper removal, eventually the nail won't be able to hold product as there is less keratin on the surface of the nail for Foundation to bond to.

Harmony has developed a product remover which is a buffered acetone that not only protects the natural nail from excessive dehydration but actually removes the product more quickly than acetone alone. Make sure you leave it wrapped for the full 10 mintes. It should come off easily without heavy scraping.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jesse

http://www.JesseDavidNailDesign.com
Wilmington, DE
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
 (Print Post)

I agree with Jesse that the LED light is well worth it if you can afford to upgrade. I feel like the nails cure harder & more evenly than in the UV, plus you don't have to worry about how old the bulbs are ever! Well at least not for like 7 years! :lol: But one thing that I just learned at a recent class is to be sure and dry wipe your foundation layer AFTER curing, if you are not already doing this. I did not do this step and apparently had way too much foundation on the nail before color. Color was peeling off the nails like polish sometimes will. Now that I have started applying the foundation SUPER thin and dry, then dry wiping with a clean IBD sponge, I have eliminated all of that peeling for me and my clients. Nails seem stronger and can be worn a bit longer too. HTH!

Jennifer Wyatt
Nail Artist
Lulu Salon & Spa
Overland Park, KS
08-22-2011, 08:43 PM
 (Print Post)

jennyfitz :
> not for like 7 years! :lol: But one thing that I just learned at a recent
> class is to be sure and dry wipe your foundation layer AFTER curing, if you
> are not already doing this. I did not do this step and apparently had way too
> much foundation on the nail before color. Color was peeling off the nails

Jenny,

Too thick a base layer, when cured will leave too much dispersion/sticky layer. this is what your problem was. I know several technicians who have started to apply the base with a gel brush rather than the polish brushes. Some use eco So Quick base with other brands of UVGP color.

Using a regular nylon gel brush, get a little dab of the base on the brush and tap all 5 nails in the center with that one dab of base gel. "Scrub" the base coat onto the entire nail plate, then pull it down to the free edge, almost as if you were wiping it off. It will feel dry, and like your fighting the brush from sticking to the nail plate. Once cured, it is shiny, but it is not to much product, causing color to float on top of the dispersion layer and no dry wiping should be needed. This is plenty of base coat, trust me. Then you can apply your color coats as needed.

Lorraine, webgirl
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
 (Print Post)

I had this same problem a while back. I was lucky enough to have Suzanne from Gelish call me and trouble shoot. Even though Im not line exclusive and often mix n match my base with other lines of color. I was using Eco base, then polish pro base, the Eco I am the one who came up with the dab each nail with a little product and then go back and spread that around method. Making it look a little grainy, then cure and dry wipe. Well I wasnt applying that same method with the polish bottle brands. I picked up some Gelish and did just what Suzanne said and exactly what I was doing with and told people to do with Eco. Pull your brush out of the Gelish and wipe wipe wipe the product back into the bottle, make it look like nothing is on the brush and then scrub the nail plate with it. OR take the brush out of the bottle, and dab each nail on one hand with the brush, then take a gel brush and scrub that dab into the nail plate, covering the entire nail. Cure, and still dry wipe, even if you don't think you need to. It has made my nails and my clients nails last 100% longer. Even my chip prone teen thinks it's a miracle.
Wait to invest in the LED until manicuresthatlast releases their new light wich from what I understand was designed to be used on all LED cured polish so you can use other lines as well. Lorainne or Elaine if you read this correct me if I am wrong.
08-23-2011, 08:51 AM
 (Print Post)

I had one client who had this issue with Shellac. Did it one time, no problem. She did regular manicures for awhile, then when she went back to Shellac, it didn't stay on. Peeled right off. I went over all my steps carefully and methodically. Still happened. I decided I wanted to try one more time. As she was curing I got up to do something and walked behind her and noticed she didn't have her fingers laying flat to the light, they were tilted to one side. Had her redo the cure and made sure she had her nails flat to the light. No problems with it not staying on now. Yes, I know the mirrors are suppose to direct the UV light to the nails, but IMO if the nails aren't flat to the light it is not a direct cure that way.

You might make sure her nails are flat to the light and maybe add a little extra curing time and see if that helps.
08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
 (Print Post)

Peggy, you are correct, the lamp (I saw pictures of it last week and its very nice looking too!) will cure all LED and UV brands and the price is supposed to be $199. It is expected very soon, I will absolutely keep everyone informed!

Lorraine, webgirl
08-24-2011, 10:43 PM
 (Print Post)
Gelish pointers continued...
Make sure you are not OVER curing your Gelish Foundation, and make sure it is super thin. You want to scrub it on to the nail plate.
Cure only for 10 seconds in a LED lamp and 1 minute in a UV lamp( UV lamps must be a 36 watt - four 9 watt bulbs)
If you overcure it becomes super shiney and too hard and you might possibly see cracking and peeling.
The Foundation is the only layer you want to be super careful about over curing.

~Kimberly Lesser~
Hand & Nail Harmony Educator
http//www.couturenailboutique.com
08-27-2011, 09:23 AM
 (Print Post)

Do all LED lights cure uv gel as well or do you have to have both lights?
08-27-2011, 10:19 AM
 (Print Post)

Not all gels are LED compatable as well as not all gel polish is LED compatable but all gels and all soak of gel polishes are UV compatable for curing. The light from manicuresthatlast will have both LED and UV so the one light will work for multiple lines. Big Grin such a sweet thought.
08-27-2011, 06:13 PM
 (Print Post)

@Manicuresthatlast Time for preorders! (and more specs)
08-31-2011, 11:24 PM
 (Print Post)

HA! I will check with the office and see if I am allowed to do that.. I have a spec sheet and image here. It's very nice looking and very function-able!

LED Technology:
will cure gels formulated to speed cure with LED bulbs
UV Technology:
will cure anything formulated to cure in UV bulbs (36 watt)

* Patent Pending
* Auto Shut off
* 8 Timer Choices
* Master Power Switch
* Removable Tray for easy cleaning, UV bulb changes, for pedicures. LED bulbs never need changing.

Right now the pricing looks like it is going to be $195.00

So here is the deal. If a gel is formulated to cure with LED, then it will cure in either LED or UV. If it was NOT formulated to LED cure then you MUST UV cure. It MAY LOOK like it cured in a LED, but it has NOT cured properly and you are now risking your client to overexposure issues, cracking peeling etc.

Over-cooking in a LED is absolutely a possibility. Elaine was telling me she had to adjust the times DOWN on the lamp from the original estimates to get the proper cure.

I've got some great new CinaPro Nail art kits, a new Master Gel Brush Tech Tool, new pedi slippers and some very good deals at both http://www.manicuresthatlast.com and http://www.scentualspaproducts.com tomorrow! If you do not get our eblasts of deals and specials, please text PROMAILS to 22828 and follow the instructions or head over to http://www.professionalbeautymails to sign up!

Lorraine, webgirl
09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
 (Print Post)

I am waiting to hear still if I can offer a pre-order on the lamp. I believe the wait now is to see what the exact due in stock date is. I promise to keep you updated!

Lorraine, webgirl
Post Reply  Post Thread