You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full set two hours.... guh
[Image: IMG_20111109_104741.jpg]

So I just did a friends nails, took two hours Sad I only do a set other than mine maybe once a week.... I work full time elsewhere so getting in my practice doesn't happen as often as id like. She did have a bit of cuticle work, but I just doooont understand why its taking me so long![/u]
They look really nice. I think everyone probably takes too long when they start out. Have some faith in yourself.. You'll get there.
They are so cute! You did a great job! I really wouldn't worry about your timing, since you're not getting enough practice. Once you start doing it more you'll see your time go down on each person. Good luck!
Kelly
Kelly
Yes i agree with the others. The more you do full sets-- the faster you will necome. But it might be harder for you since you only do nails part time. But dont beat yourself up. I remember back in the day when it was taking me almost FOUR hours to do a set of aceylics!!! Ya...that is a longggg time. Lol
So just keep practicing..and do some deals for fills bcause that will help you too. Fills are easier..but it will get you in the habit of doing your " steps"... i believe the key to doing fast and good work is getting to the place where you arent " thinking" about what comes nezt...just to know and it becomes like second nature to ya. You will get there....
HTH....take care girl !!! Smile
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Those are so cute! With a good finished look and nails that last, two hours is fine, and you will get faster the more sets/fills you do!
Candice
Nail Tech/Owner
http://www.PanacheNailStudio.com
I just want to say this. They are very nicely done. And I would rather have a great looking set from a new tech that took 2 hours than a crappy set from a veteran tech that takes 45 min. Big Grin
I think you did a great job for the level of experience you have and the time you did them in. Don't be quite so hard on yourself, your time will go down. I think with every set you learn something and that will help cut time....
You know what, those look GREAT. As already mentioned, I'd rather sit for 2 hours and have a set that looks this good. You have nothing to worry about, the more you do the faster you'll get. And also please don't forget, the art work adds a bunch of extra time at the end. Keep it up Smile
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
They are so cute!.
And I think you are fast chica!!!, it took me like Tracy 4 hours to do my acrylic nails at the beginning too :lol: .
I am practicing with gels now, and I am still slow, so dont feel bad :lol:
moushax37 :
> [Image: IMG_20111109_104741.jpg]
>
> So I just did a friends nails, took two hours Sad I only do a set other than
> mine maybe once a week.... I work full time elsewhere so getting in my practice
> doesn't happen as often as id like. She did have a bit of cuticle work, but
> I just doooont understand why its taking me so long![/u]

Hi can you tell me what did you use for the black french. I love the contrast with the pink and black. I just posted regarding having difficulties with my black gel staying crisp with the smile line. What did you use for the black? Thanks,
Marisol
Be as creative as you can be and you will never be ordinary!
I love them! I'm 300 hours in (300 more to go) and I did my first set 2 weeks ago and it took me 4 hours. LOL! I think you did an awesome job and two hours sounds great to me!
I've been in this industry for 3 years now. Doing it full time for 1.5 years now. And it takes me 1.5 - 2 hours to do a full set.
I've never had a client complain or even make a comment when it comes to my timing.
And as everyone else says, I'd rather a killer set that takes 2 hours then a so so set that took 45 min.

Keep up the good work!!
I've been in this industry for 3 years now. Doing it full time for 1.5 years now. And it takes me 1.5 - 2 hours to do a full set.
I've never had a client complain or even make a comment when it comes to my timing.
And as everyone else says, I'd rather a killer set that takes 2 hours then a so so set that took 45 min.

Keep up the good work!!
im at about 2 hrs as well, keep your head high, those nails look killer
i think they are wonderful..2 hrs is not bad at all...most of the techs i know when doing art book 2 hr sessions.

i have been licensed for 3 yrs, but havent worked for about 2 yrs and just getting back into it myself. Right now i am working on a nail trainer to get my skills back up and im at an hour and a half...literally starting over!!

dont worry about time right now...it took me a good 6 months of full sets 4 times a day to get down to an hour and a half with art added....most sets i wasnt real happy with till about 4 months in.

remember practice practice practice even when your not working/in school will help with time as well and getting a consistant look in all 10 nails.

Your main focus right now (just starting out to a year)should be consistant looking nails...once that is accomplished then you can work more on time and adding art designs.

hope this helps you out a bit.
~Kristi~
They look awesome. Love the colors and contrast/alternating on the fingers. Hang in there!!
Full set application time varies for me. It depends on the condition of the nails, the amount of prep, do I have to custom fit tips or forms?... some days things just feel off or the temperature in the salon is all over the place, or the client is so tense that they make it hard to work on them. Then there are the ones that insist on pulling away so they can "watch".. LOL. and then add to that the time allowed for the artwork. At times it can feel very frustrating but at the same time I love what I do! Smile

You, Keep up the good work!
~ Florida ~
Nail Tech's Prayer "God, grant me the serenity to accept the nail beds I cannot change, courage to sculpt the thinnest gels I can, and wisdom to know a fungus." ~ Holly Hall @ http://www.sweetheartville.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 2,110
06-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Last Post[email protected]
Replies: 3
Views: 2,230
05-19-2014, 09:31 PM