You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acrylic then shellac
I have been doing acrylic (coloured) and since I have got in to shellac and polish pro my acrylic client are wanting clear acrylic then a power polish over the top. Now Im not sure if i should charge for 2 services? what does everyone think, Im not sure??? what does everyone else do???
I charge $10 extra for gel polish over anything.

The product costs more than regular polish and it takes longer to apply. I also have to get out the lamp to cure it. If they want something extra like that, I have to charge.

Most people won't do it since regular polish lasts a long time on acrylics. I have more selection in the regular polishes, anyway.
I agree with Harmony. It's not a double service, you've already done the prep and all that. It should be an 'add-on' service.
Nails by Joy
"You Owe It To Yourself"
Touching the World One Hand At a Time
Ditto to what the ladies have already said. I would, however, charge even more if it takes longer in time for the service. It doesn't take me any longer in time for a manicure/pedicure, but it would for a nail enhancement service. Remember time is money also, not just in the product you use.
A few of my clients like gel polish over their acrylics... I charge $5 more. The reason they like it is the dry right away feature.... and the stay shiny feature. I also will do it when a client needs to stretch the time in between appointments like for a vacation, surgery, etc. I do a buff and thin the acrylic and then apply gel polish. It works beautifully.
Terri Lancaster
Nails By Design
253-350-2591

SPREAD VICIOUS GLEE!
(10-23-2011, 07:08 AM)harmonysky Wrote: I charge $10 extra for gel polish over anything.

The product costs more than regular polish and it takes longer to apply. I also have to get out the lamp to cure it. If they want something extra like that, I have to charge.

Most people won't do it since regular polish lasts a long time on acrylics. I have more selection in the regular polishes, anyway.

When applying the gel polish over the acrylic is it necessary to apply a dehydrator or base coat before the color? I've had a problem with the gelpolish popping right off using a base coat but no dehydrator..
No, when applying over acrylic, after you have refined the acrylic, before any top coat or buffing to a shine remove any dust and apply the UV Gel Polish color layers. There is no need for a base or any dehydrator.. just remove the dust from your refining.
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

(04-03-2013, 09:27 PM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: No, when applying over acrylic, after you have refined the acrylic, before any top coat or buffing to a shine remove any dust and apply the UV Gel Polish color layers. There is no need for a base or any dehydrator.. just remove the dust from your refining.

will regular polish stay on gel nails longer ,and do you just refine the gel ,brush the dust then add the polish? Thanks
sure, regular polish will stay better over any enhancement product. If applying over a gel base remove the sticky dispersion layer, refine the shape, dust & apply.
Regards,
Debbie webmaster - admin
BeautyTech.com Feed Your Nail Addiction
NailTech.com shop smart, brand name professional products for professional results

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 9
Views: 17,103
06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Last PostLuvglitter