You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Rest in peace, Debbie Doerrlamm...
You will be dearly missed. I was here right after you created Beauty Tech board and I learned so much when I was a new tech. Thank you for all you've done over the years to contribute to our industry...I am a better nail tech, partly because of you.
(06-09-2017, 04:23 PM)Rhea Wrote: You will be dearly missed. I was here right after you created Beauty Tech board and I learned so much when I was a new tech. Thank you for all you've done over the years to contribute to our industry...I am a better nail tech, partly because of you.

This is where my nail career began in 2003, when I discovered the BT boards. Debbie was truly a pioneer, way ahead of her time. I made so many friends and connections right here, and they have continued almost 15 years later. Because of her and BT, I attended Premiere Orlando for the first time, entered the Strut My Stuff contest one year (didn't place but that didn't matter - she got me out of my comfort zone). I can count on one hand the people in this industry who truly made a difference early in my career. Debbie is one of them. RIP Webmaster.
Laura Merzetti
http://www.scratchmyback.ca
CND Education Ambassador
Toronto, Ontario Canada
You're so right, Laura, she connected many of us. I met you and Tee on here. And Peggy, Darcy, Darlene, Rhonda, Lynn, Tammy.....the list goes on. I do hope BeautyTech will live on.
Rest easy sweet Debbie. And thank you for the gift of my second family. So many of us owe so much to you. There aren't many words to express how we feel today. You will never be forgotten. 

Candy
(06-09-2017, 05:31 PM)scratchmyback Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 04:23 PM)Rhea Wrote: You will be dearly missed.  I was here right after you created Beauty Tech board and I learned so much when I was a new tech.  Thank you for all you've done over the years to contribute to our industry...I am a better nail tech, partly because of you.

This is where my nail career began in 2003,  when I discovered the BT boards.  Debbie was truly a pioneer, way ahead of her time.  I made so many friends and connections right here, and they have continued almost 15 years later.   Because of her and BT, I attended Premiere Orlando for the first time, entered the Strut My Stuff contest one year (didn't place but that didn't matter - she got me out of my comfort zone).   I can count on one hand the people in this industry who truly made a difference early in my career.  Debbie is one of them.  RIP Webmaster.

I have the same experience, pretty much. I first met her and a small group from here at a 3 Day CND Roadshow in Rhode Island! They were the super fun, loud group with the matching "beautytech" t-shirts on...I HAD to know what was going on, so I went over and introduced myself. That was it! The beginning of my career change. What an amazing ride she has taken us all on...RIP my dear Deb xo
RIP Debbie. this site helped and inspired me so much.
Hi Everyone,

The entire staff of NAILS Magazine is deeply saddened by Debbie's passing and wanted to do our best to pay tribute to the great things she has done for the nail industry, especially in creating this space for nail techs.

In case you haven't seen it, here is our piece written by former NAILS publisher, Cyndy Drummey:
http://www.nailsmag.com/article/118570/n...dies-at-62

We are collecting tribute letters and photos from her friends and family and posting them here:
http://www.nailsmag.com/article/118577/a...-doerrlamm

We also have a photo gallery for Debbie here:
http://www.nailsmag.com/photogallery/118...-doerrlamm

If your life was touched by Debbie and would like to share your remembrances, please email your stories and any photos to [email protected]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 556
06-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 1
Views: 1,308
02-15-2015, 01:36 PM