You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with new CND LED lamp
I got my new CND LED Lamp as soon as it came out. So I switched from using my Nailite UV lamps to the LED. I used it on myself and had major peeling after a week. I chocked it up to user error. After about three weeks I noticed some of my clients were having trouble with the Shellac peeling before their two weeks were up, which resulted in broken natural nails. But not all clients were having trouble.

I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. I thought it might be the new top coat or maybe the lamp. I spoke with a CND educator and she suggested I remind clients to keep their nails in the grooves because of how targeted the light is,...no improvement. Weeks past and I finally decided to switch back to the UV lamps to see if it fixed the problem. Sure enough clients are back to wearing great the whole two weeks.

Anyone else having trouble with the new CND LED lamp? I've had it for a couple of months now and I'm not sure I can return it. $300 in the toilet. Sad
Anna Elliott
[email protected]
I had a similar problem. I called CND and they told there was a bad batch send out in April. They sent me a free lamp the next week.

I really wish they would have said something about this. Our customers were pissed about there gel mani's not lasing.

(08-19-2015, 05:17 PM)AnnaElliott Wrote: I got my new CND LED Lamp as soon as it came out. So I switched from using my Nailite UV lamps to the LED. I used it on myself and had major peeling after a week. I chocked it up to user error. After about three weeks I noticed some of my clients were having trouble with the Shellac peeling before their two weeks were up, which resulted in broken natural nails. But not all clients were having trouble.

I wasn't sure what was causing the problem. I thought it might be the new top coat or maybe the lamp. I spoke with a CND educator and she suggested I remind clients to keep their nails in the grooves because of how targeted the light is,...no improvement. Weeks past and I finally decided to switch back to the UV lamps to see if it fixed the problem. Sure enough clients are back to wearing great the whole two weeks.

Anyone else having trouble with the new CND LED lamp? I've had it for a couple of months now and I'm not sure I can return it. $300 in the toilet. Sad

I am now on my third lamp (received last week) and it is still not working correctly. The plug in on the bottom does not hold a connection. It appears they have not addressed this issue since I purchased my first one back in June. It has caused numerous problems for me and my customers and is an overall headache. I have to constantly pay attention to make sure the plug doesn't cut out in the middle of the curing process. I have inquired about an alternative and CND does not have any to offer. I plan to go off brand to find an alternative. I am also very disappointed in CND's customer service since being purchased by Revlon.
(05-07-2016, 01:20 PM)NailsbyBethany Wrote: I am now on my third lamp (received last week) and it is still not working correctly. The plug in on the bottom does not hold a connection. It appears they have not addressed this issue since I purchased my first one back in June. It has caused numerous problems for me and my customers and is an overall headache. I have to constantly pay attention to make sure the plug doesn't cut out in the middle of the curing process. I have inquired about an alternative and CND does not have any to offer. I plan to go off brand to find an alternative. I am also very disappointed in CND's customer service since being purchased by Revlon.

I know you shouldn't have to, but have your tried using Duck tape or Gorilla tape to tape over the plug in the bottom so that it stays secure? It can't hurt. Wink
(05-07-2016, 01:20 PM)NailsbyBethany Wrote: I am now on my third lamp (received last week) and it is still not working correctly. The plug in on the bottom does not hold a connection. It appears they have not addressed this issue since I purchased my first one back in June. It has caused numerous problems for me and my customers and is an overall headache. I have to constantly pay attention to make sure the plug doesn't cut out in the middle of the curing process. I have inquired about an alternative and CND does not have any to offer. I plan to go off brand to find an alternative. I am also very disappointed in CND's customer service since being purchased by Revlon.

Hi. I just bought this lamp in Nov and I'm having the same problem.  Have you tried a different light yet? Because mineveryone is less that 60 days old, the store will refund me or give me a new one. I dodon't really think that I want this light if it's a design flaw that they don't seem to be fixing though. I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 8
Views: 5,232
06-05-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Postcosmobeauty
Replies: 5
Views: 2,569
12-07-2015, 11:06 AM