You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to find info on SNS dip system
I have been doing nails in the Fort Worth area for 23 years and I am considering trying the SNS acrylic dip service for a client requesting it.We have currently been doing colored acrylic but it is hard on the nails and very time consuming to change the color every time so I request they pick a color and stay with it seasonally like 3-4 fills. I also have to find at least 15 extra min to change acrylic colors because my appt times are 45 min and It takes about an hour. My first love is acrylic. I don't believe in doing a new set hardly ever. I feel like it is too hard on the natural nail. If acrylics are done right they shouldn't lift and shouldn't need a new set and shouldn't get heavy feeling if your keeping them thinned down and done correctly. My question is how long does it truly take to soak them off and start again after a previous service. My hesitation in doing this is that soaking off can take forever with traditional acrylic but I don't know if this SNS soaks off any faster. I have 45 min appt spots and I can do the colored acrylic(as long as i just fill and say the same color) or pink and white no problem in that time but I am afraid if I have to soak the SNS and then prep so much every time I won't be able to do it in the 45 min I have but my client is wanting to change color more often without the torture of taking down the acrylic every time. Thank you for answering my question ;0)

ReplyDelete
Have a blessed day, Brandi
Soaked off in foil and acetone - file down a good amount and then wrap - about 20-30 minutes.
It really depends on how thick you are making them.
If you are doing them every 2 weeks with a soak off, I wouldn't make them thicker then maybe 2 dips. It's definitely something to play around with.
You can fill them in a few times before soaking depending how thick you go.....there's several videos available.
Wow! Would you mind sharing tips for getting your time down to 45 mins?

(09-28-2015, 10:09 AM)burbanosky Wrote: I have been doing nails in the Fort Worth area for 23 years and I am considering trying the SNS acrylic dip service for a client requesting it.We have currently been doing colored acrylic but it is hard on the nails and very time consuming to change the color every time so I request they pick a color and stay with it seasonally like 3-4 fills. I also have to find at least 15 extra min to change acrylic colors because my appt times are 45 min and It takes about an hour. My first love is acrylic. I don't believe in doing a new set hardly ever. I feel like it is too hard on the natural nail. If acrylics are done right they shouldn't lift and shouldn't need a new set and shouldn't get heavy feeling if your keeping them thinned down and done correctly. My question is how long does it truly take to soak them off and start again after a previous service. My hesitation in doing this is that soaking off can take forever with traditional acrylic but I don't know if this SNS soaks off any faster. I have 45 min appt spots and I can do the colored acrylic(as long as i just fill and say the same color) or pink and white no problem in that time but I am afraid if I have to soak the SNS and then prep so much every time I won't be able to do it in the 45 min I have but my client is wanting to change color more often without the torture of taking down the acrylic every time. Thank you for answering my question ;0)

ReplyDelete

----
Shirley
Scotch Tape & Rhinestones
NYC Based Nail Artist
Why don't you do gel polish over acrylic instead of colored acrylic? I can file off gel polish fill and re-paint gel polish in 45 min.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 1,343
03-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Postyou'vegotnail!
Replies: 27
Views: 25,871
05-14-2015, 05:13 AM