You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stamping question
Hello - what stamping plate brands are good?

And I'm more interested in stamping on GEL POLISH - would the correct way be to apply colors, cure, apply top coat, cure, wipe tacky layer, stamp, let dry and top coat again?

Thx
(09-13-2015, 12:06 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Hello - what stamping plate brands are good?

And I'm more interested in stamping on GEL POLISH - would the correct way be to apply colors, cure, apply top coat, cure, wipe tacky layer, stamp, let dry and top coat again?

Thx

Good Plates are MoYou London, Uber Chic beauty, Bundle Monster and Born Pretty have decent low cost plates. Young Nails nail "screens" are way over priced IMO, but I've heard they are a quality item. When stamping on gel polish, best practice it to totally finish the manicure to wiping off top coat, then stamp, then topcoat with SOG, cure and wipe. The stamped real nail polish will be essentially dry as soon as you stamp it so there is no problem with coating with gel topcoat right after.
Thank you for the reply -much appreciated!
Ok I think I'm a stamping idiot? I got a few bundle monster plates off Amazon for a good price to try this out - so my next question - what polish should I be using -???
I've read on forums color club- or even cheaper thicker brands - ? Suggestions please
I like to apply my gel polish start to finish, then I stamp over it. If you do a google search or youtube , there are a lot of ideas on Polishes that work well with stamping. Drug store Polishes that I have experienced that work well are Sally Hansen Intsa Dri. I still haven't found a black and white that work well other than the stamping polishes. If your a beginner I would start with actually stamping polishes, then as you get more comfortable, you can play with regular polish. I have tons of polish, some work well a lot don't . The thicker the better actually. Hope that helps Smile
Thank you for the reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 4
Views: 2,563
08-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Last Postscratchmyback
Replies: 5
Views: 3,258