You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
caption polish
is anyone try caption nail polish from young nails ? if you did what was your experience ?
I just ran out (literally) and bought their stamper kit with 3 polishes.
Ummmmm, I know Greg and his crew watch here-- so Im going to give it to you straight.
I was THRILLED when I heard he had come out with these.
I have used Konad stampers/polish for years... before YN even thought about doing it...I was using that system.
And it works great.

The YN Captioins polish is good. It does appear to be pigmented well, but the kit I personally got--doesn't work.. At.. ALL... I am so stinkin upset about it..because in theory-- This would be AWESOME....

So, I emailed them actually this morning..and got a reply from Ray Bracamontes.......who wasn't helpful at all. He actually contradicted what Greg himself is teaching online...he told me that you have to pick up the polish very very quickly because it supposedly dried so fast. Greg on his YouTube videos tells us that you have to wait a bit to pick it up....
This isn't the case at all. Nope... I tried to use other polishes too...the stamper just doesn't work.
I am just dumfounded about it all and so unhappy!!! Angry
So, Greg and crew--- if you see this...
Don't make excuses...make it right. HELP ME !!!!

Your products are so awesome, and if this worked.... It would be just as awesome.

Sorry for the rant...but I am highly disappointed... Sad
" Take time.....to be kind".....
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
Heyyyy update. I was determined to try the Captions stamping again, and I think Ive figured out what's going on.
The polish itself is very nice. Full coverage -- nice and pigmented. And...it does dry very fast.
That is the problem-- it dries sooo fast that by the time you go and pick it up off the plate--its just about dry. THAT is the issue....you have to move so stinking quick....which in a perfect world would be easy...but I guess I need more practice Smile

So... for anyone that cares-- the polish is awesome...just like everything else YN... just the stamper is going to take some getting used to.!!
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH
wow!! sorry for all this...
and thanks for sharing . .
(06-26-2015, 09:50 AM)anointdhndz Wrote: Heyyyy update. I was determined to try the Captions stamping again, and I think Ive figured out what's going on.
The polish itself is very nice. Full coverage -- nice and pigmented. And...it does dry very fast.
That is the problem-- it dries sooo fast that by the time you go and pick it up off the plate--its just about dry. THAT is the issue....you have to move so stinking quick....which in a perfect world would be easy...but I guess I need more practice Smile

So... for anyone that cares-- the polish is awesome...just like everything else YN... just the stamper is going to take some getting used to.!!

I recently bought about $100 worth of Caption based on the company's stamping videos. I was thinking how convenient it would be to be able to run to the beauty supply for stamping polish vs. always having to order online. Instant gratification, right?!?
Well......
A few of colors, (which are all gorgeous) turned out NOT to be one coat coverage. I purposely chose ones that were on the darker side with the intent of using them mainly for stamping. Despite this, I still tried to see how they would turn out. I am little disappointed. Even the black did not turn out as pigmented as it looked in the video... I tried all my different stampers and plates. You name it, I have it! LOL (they were out of the YN plates,btw.)
Using it as a base for stamping is great because the dry time is no joke! But I really wanted to stamp because some colors were so different from the usual suspects out there!
(06-25-2015, 01:33 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: I just ran out (literally) and bought their stamper kit with 3 polishes.
Ummmmm, I know Greg and his crew watch here-- so Im going to give it to you straight.
I was THRILLED when I heard he had come out with these.
I have used Konad stampers/polish for years... before YN even thought about doing it...I was using that system.
And it works great.

The YN Captioins polish is good. It does appear to be pigmented well, but the kit I personally got--doesn't work.. At.. ALL... I am so stinkin upset about it..because in theory-- This would be AWESOME....

So, I emailed them actually this morning..and got a reply from Ray Bracamontes.......who wasn't helpful at all. He actually contradicted what Greg himself is teaching online...he told me that you have to pick up the polish very very quickly because it supposedly dried so fast. Greg on his YouTube videos tells us that you have to wait a bit to pick it up....
This isn't the case at all. Nope... I tried to use other polishes too...the stamper just doesn't work.
I am just dumfounded about it all and so unhappy!!! Angry
So, Greg and crew--- if you see this...
Don't make excuses...make it right. HELP ME !!!!

Your products are so awesome, and if this worked.... It would be just as awesome.

Sorry for the rant...but I am highly disappointed... Sad

same experience here/ called customer service and while they were very nice, basically said it was user error. I did exactly what they said and the stamp will not pick up the design. so disappointed, and embarrassing when working on clients/ I was watching the video and was so excited to try this. even advertised a fab new fun option for nail art. Not happy at all.
Remember: God puts us where he wants us to be.
Go for the Konad stamper/polishes.... They work very well..... No embarrassment or the such. Idk why these don't work. I'm confused and irritated at the same time. I mean, I'm not a moron. It's not a new thing he's brought to us--- I've been stamping for years.... But I was excited about his line. Oh well. Whatever.
Angel
~Tracy~

Full Time single mom,
Medical Receptionist &
Part Time Nail Artist
Akron, OH

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post